Strickland will Soldic Du Plessis

I'm a bit on the fence on this one since Sean is a slow starter, and Dricus is a fast-starter, and a brawler

I reckon if Sean manages to keep distance and take him appart in the first rounds, he can get it done fairly easily in R3 or R4

Soldic has dynamite in his hands, Strickland has pillow fists so no I can’t see it.

It will be either Strickland by his usual point fighting decision, or Dricus by knock out.

If Strickland gets a stoppage it will be because Dricus gases and Sean lands 50 weak strikes that go unanswered.

Ooof, looked ike he got blasted in the nuts pretty good on his way out too lol

Soldic is a significantly better, stronger and more versatile striker than Strickland. He's far more aggressive. That Kadestam fight was against the run of play and was a shock result tbh. MMA Math doesn't apply here.

I have zero idea if any of that actually happens. But holy shit what a sequence of strikes...

I'll bite... When has Strickland ever shown half the power Soldic has? He can certainly win, but not in that fashion lol.
6 months ago

S0N3e.gif

Soldic has dynamite in his hands, Strickland has pillow fists so no I can’t see it.

It will be either Strickland by his usual point fighting decision, or Dricus by knock out.

If Strickland gets a stoppage it will be because Dricus gases and Sean lands 50 weak strikes that go unanswered.

Right right. Izzy is known to backpedal for 5 rounds straight when he faces a guy that throws "weak strikes".

Against a completely gassed fighter that had no business in the UFC. Do yourself a favor and watch a few Soldic fights.

The guy is an animal, and him and Strickland couldn't be any further apart stylistically.
Saying Strickland can't win by TKO? Do yourself a favor and watch a few Strickland fights, and while you're at, watch a few Magomedov fights if you believe he has no business in the UFC

Right right. Izzy is known to backpedal for 5 rounds straight when he faces a guy that throws "weak strikes".

He backpeddled because he had no in and Izzy is a counter-striker, not a brawler. If he isn't getting the timing right, and getting countered when he does throw, he's going to be on the backfoot.

Let's not be changing the narrative here and creating a new mythical version of Sean Strickland that has dynamite for fists. He has two TKO wins in his last 10.

What if DDP Usman's, Pereira's, or Cannionier's Strickland?

Back