Strickland will Soldic Du Plessis

It's called nuance. Just because Strickland CAN win by TKO doesn't mean that it is likely. Nor does Soldic getting a TKO over Duplessi 6+ years ago have any baring on this fight at all.
Cliffs:
TS: Strickland by TKO/KO
Poster: He can't win by TKO/KO
Me: He got a TKO win 6 months ago, and almost TKOd Izzy 1st round
Poster: Against a completely gassed fighter that had no business in the UFC
Me: Saying Strickland can't beat DDP by TKO?
You: No that's just the voice in your head, the person you replied to didn't say that

<JerryWWF>

Cliffs:
You: No that's just the voice in your head, the person you replied to didn't say that

<JerryWWF>
Bold part never happened, that part was in your imagination.

Cliffs:

<JerryWWF>
Who said "he can't"?

Not seeing it in this thread. I see someone mention "If Strickland gets a stoppage it will be because Dricus gases and Sean lands 50 weak strikes that go unanswered."

Bold part never happened, that part was in your imagination.
Who said "he can't"?

Not seeing it in this thread. I see someone mention "If Strickland gets a stoppage it will be because Dricus gases and Sean lands 50 weak strikes that go unanswered."
TS: Du Plessis getting TKO/KOd by Strickland
Post #4: He can certainly win, but not in that fashion
Me replying to post #4: He got a TKO win 6 months ago, and almost finished Izzy 1st round

<WellThere>

TS: Du Plessis getting TKO/KOd by Strickland
Post #4: He can certainly win, but not in that fashion
Me replying to post #4: He got a TKO win 6 months ago, and almost finished Izzy 1st round

<WellThere>
He meant the manner in which Soldic did because Strickland doesn't fight like that. I don't think they meant he can't win by TKO.....

I won't be terribly surprised, but DDP is a lot better now. Strickland's a lot like Bisping in the way that he'll sacrifice his power a little bit to land faster combinations, but the dude can still crack when he sits down on his shots.
Soldic is also an animal. No shame in losing to him.

I've always said DDP moves like a geriatrics with a half dozen knee surgeries. He is big and musclar, but not athletic.

That said, he keeps fucking winning. I think he wins handily.

I've always said DDP moves like a geriatrics with a half dozen knee surgeries. He is big and musclar, but not athletic.

That said, he keeps fucking winning. I think he wins handily.
Sean isn't exactly an athletic specimen either.

Sean will find success early and likely win the first round in his typical predictable style but soon enough DDP will either take him down and smash him or ditch him with something devastating

Sean isn't exactly an athletic specimen either.
He's fairly athletic, he's just a dummy. He seems to prefer to go into every fight like its a boxing sparring session. He legitimately has pretty good BJJ, but prefers to just plod forward and jab. I think DDP/Strickland looks a lot like Peirera/Strickland.

We was already been saw what was happen to fast starter against #AmericanFury when Sean Tarzan crash Abus.

screenshot_20231103-100336-2-png.1010026

Sean Tarzan via #bluecollarmatrix starting middle 2rd round. 49-46, 48-47, 49-46 pure dominance display, all scoring for the #BigBlueCollar #AmericanWarrior.

While I would TRULY love this to be the case. I don't think it will be quite that clear cut

Sean isn't really a reliable tko/ko threat. But it's always a possibility.

He meant the manner in which Soldic did because Strickland doesn't fight like that. I don't think they meant he can't win by TKO.....
Which is exactly our point, never said he couldn’t win by tko, but he can’t get a first round ko because one fighter is Strickland and the other is soldic. Sean would need to whittle him down for a whole fight before he could put dricus away

I don’t think that present day Soldic could do anything close to his past accomplishments to present day DDP

Back