• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strickland will Soldic Du Plessis

Saying Strickland can't win by TKO? Do yourself a favor and watch a few Strickland fights, and while you're at, watch a few Magomedov fights if you believe he has no business in the UFC

Lad. I've been watching MMA for a lot longer than you. I've watched Abus in PFL and even as far back as Superior. The guy is one fight away from getting his papers.

I also never said Strickland couldn't win by TKO. It's just ridiculous to cite Dricus's loss against Soldic as a template for it. Apply logic to your replies please.

i think strickland lets ddp tire himself out then finishes him by the fifth.

Strickland lost to Santiago Ponzinibbio so that's how i determined DDP would win this upcoming fight...................

He backpeddled because he had no in and Izzy is a counter-striker, not a brawler. If he isn't getting the timing right, and getting countered when he does throw, he's going to be on the backfoot.

Let's not be changing the narrative here and creating a new mythical version of Sean Strickland that has dynamite for fists. He has two TKO wins in his last 10.

Sean walks guys down and beats them up. No matter how good they are (Izzy) they can do nothing about it.

Strickland is an elite version of Nick Diaz. He hits harder, has better defense and better grappling. You need to put some respect on his skills.

Lad. I've been watching MMA for a lot longer than you.
<JackieThumbsUp>
I also never said Strickland couldn't win by TKO. It's just ridiculous to cite Dricus's loss against Soldic as a template for it. Apply logic to your replies please.
Lad, the poster I was responding to said Strickland will be unable to win in this fashion. Strickland can indeed win in this fashion.

LOL....such a misleading title. Strickland has only a 33% finish rate. It is like me finding Strickland's loss against Usman or more recently when he got choked out by Andy Varela and saying, this is what Dricus will do to Strickland.

Dricus has not lost any fight since 2018 so that was the last fight he lost in 2018. Also, this fight was a learning lesson for him to mix it up. He won against Soldic in the first fight and lost the 2nd one because he forgot to mix it up in the 2nd fight. There was never a rubber match as Dricus left KSW for EFC.

That was a learning lesson for him and he never lost a fight since then since he does what he does best. Mix it up and making it a messy MMA fight.

Dricus will maul Strickland. Strickland has nothing for Dricus, if the fight goes down to the ground

Last edited:
Lol then what was he disagreeing with about my post then?
It's called nuance. Just because Strickland CAN win by TKO doesn't mean that it is likely. Nor does Soldic getting a TKO over Duplessi 6+ years ago have any baring on this fight at all.

This puts better context around each of their record. Strickland is a decision machine, if he can drag the fight out that far (which won't be the case here). Strictly probabilistically speaking, Dricus has a far higher chance of knocking out Strickland than the other way around based on the record and also that Dricus' wins are against far tougher competition. Also, Strickland started fighting in 2009 while the first fight for Dricus was in 2013.

Dricus:

KO/TKO: 67%
Submissions: 17%
Decisions: 17%

Strickland:

KO/TKO: 27%
Submissions: 7%
Decisions: 67%

This is stupid. This was years ago at 170 not to mention Strickland and Soldic are two completely different fighters. Soldic throws way more kicks and is generally an explosive knockout artist with hard hands. Strickland is a high volume boxer with pillow hands.

This is stupid. This was years ago at 170 not to mention Strickland and Soldic are two completely different fighters. Soldic throws way more kicks and is generally an explosive knockout artist with hard hands. Strickland is a high volume boxer with pillow hands.
Once you beat someone that reached the level of Izzy, you basically become the next unbeatable guy (I know he lost to Pereira), until that guy loses then it's passed over to the next champ. Rinse and repeat.

The Sherdog way.

Dricus won the first fight against Soldic and won the KSW championship. They say, he just went stupid in the 2nd fight and threw away his mixing it up strategy. That is why he lost. There was never a rubber match, but he would have done what he has done every fight since 2018. Mixing it up and wearing his opponent down with relentless pressure and then knocking them out or submitting them.

Soldic is a southpaw and fights nothing like Sean, he also has a lot more punching power. Might as well say DDP wins since Usman beat Sean, it makes just as much sense.

Back