• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mousasi would destroy Du Plessis

Jesus are these mousasi would beat... threads ever gonna end?

He had his shot at the top guys and he chose to walk away.
Plus he lost to top guys so just ain't that good.
Accept it moose fans.

At his best Mousasi would probably win but he's like 3-6 years passed his best maybe more.

I used to be a huge Moose fan back in the day and honestly thought he was special... But I came to realize that he was just too inconsistent and never really lived up to the hype.

Duplex via ass-whoopin
Just saying..

He lost to King Mo who literally only had one trick up his sleeve. Just one..

Maybe a decade ago but I still doubt it. He came over to the UFC and was solid but nowhere near what his fans claim. Moose fans legitimately believe him to be the GOAT and have been saying how he’d win the MW belt for 15+ years yet he couldn’t when he actually tried.

I respect his career and it’s possible but he’s 10 years past his prime. Time to move on. He fumbled by not resigning after Weidman and staying with the UFC tbh.

Prime Mousasi obviously beats Du Plessis. But as he nears 40 years old, Mousasi has finally fallen off. He struggled against Leon Edwards' idiot brother for fuck's sake.

UFC vs PFL/Bellator would be very interesting at the moment. Vadim Nemkov would be a big favorite over Alex Pereira. Johnny Eblin beats Du Plessis. Jason Jackson vs Leon Edwards is close, but ultimately Jackson has the edge.

Jesus are these mousasi would beat... threads ever gonna end?

He had his shot at the top guys and he chose to walk away.
Plus he lost to top guys so just ain't that good.
Accept it moose fans.

Yeah. A fan of him since way back but he is not what he was and even at his best he was not always the most consistent.

I'm a Mousasi fan from way back, but no, he wouldn't.

Last edited:
Just saying..

He lost to King Mo who literally only had one trick up his sleeve. Just one..
King Mo KOed Jiri on the feet and was one of the best wrestlers to ever compete at 205. Besides, it was a close loss where Mo won 3 rounds via top control but got beat up pretty badly in the fight. With the judging criteria we have now Mo probably would have lost 48-47 instead of winning 48-47.

Last edited:
King Mo KOed Jiri on the feet and was one of the best wrestlers to ever compete at 205. Besides, it was a close loss where Mo won 3 rounds via top control but got beat up pretty badly in the fight. With the judging criteria we have now Mo probably would have lost 48-47 instead of winning 48-47.
My point is the Moose should have dominated that fight if the hype behind him was real.

The guy has talent, but as other posters have pointed out, he's inconsistent.

Fun fact: Mousasi never beat an elite fighter in their prime. And the only time he was ever ranked in the top 5 (in either UFC or Sherdog rankings) was after his bizarre win against Weidman, when the UFC had him #4.

lol no, mousasi lost to Eblen and Edwards.

No way he beats DDP.

Last edited:
King Mo at the time he beat Mousasi was very much a rookie and limited despite his obvious athletic gifts.

No shame in losing to him, but if you have the hype Mousasi does, you're supposed to do what Feijao and Newton did - Ice Mo.

Back