Mike Goldeberg’s son blasts UFC for not giving him a proper send-off after UFC 207

Yeah I agree.
But I also think Stann can be really bad, same with Anik.
Cruz is good, he just talks too much but he's only done it once I think
DC was pretty bad too

Commentating is hard, and Goldie is asked to do a lot. He might not have been great, but he did it froa long time

I liked Frank Mir the most btw.

Aren't all those guys (except Anik) analysts?

I hate Mir, not because he doesn't know what he's talking about (he does) but he pushes himself far beyond the restrictions of his vocabulary. He tries too hard to sound smarter than he is.

To me Anik is the same as Goldie, a boring necessary evil.

I like Stann but he's dull, and I think Cruz gives BY FAR the best analysis.

Can barely remember DC in that spot.

They're beginning to restructure their company. Giving a send off to every tenured employee that leaves in the next few months would give the perception that the product is dying.

I hate Mir, not because he doesn't know what he's talking about (he does) but he pushes himself far beyond the restrictions of his vocabulary. He tries too hard to sound smarter than he is.

Yeah they're all color. But the roles aren't clearly that defined with some guys especially in MMA, a lot of them ended up doing a lot of play-by-play. I was just trying to illustrate that it's a super hard job.

I liked Cruz, he grew on me over the broadcast - but I think he talked too much personally, he would be commenting on things a solid thirty seconds after they were done. But it was his first time, if he really wanted to and did it more I'd have to assume he'd end up being phenomenal.

But long and short, I agree. Anik's not a huge step up from Goldie. Maybe a little better, but even more boring.

It's a misstep by the UFC, Goldberg deserved a quick three minute video highlighting his best calls and funniest moments. Nothing crazy or expensive, just something to show his value to the company all these years.

Yeah it's pretty sad. I don't think they even mentioned it once.

Shame. He's a part of UFC history and deserved a little something. Didn't even get a handshake.

Surprised Rogan didn't mention anything. Goldie's been his commentary partner since the beginning.

What a bitch move, Goldy is probably embarrassed enough without his dumb kid whining on twitter.

his son is right. it was absolutely pathetic. He's one of the faces of the UFC and has been since the start. A handshake from Joe and maybe a 1-3min video is all it would have taken. I hope they did something for him backstage (gold watch, cake, round of applause)

fuck that bitch too. People say some heartless things on here (not me) but that was fucking brutal.

everything comes down to personal taste, i cant stand cruz, talks far too much, so much so the action has moved on 2 or 3 moves when he finally stops speaking.
you are never going to find consensus on a commentator, although i find it amusing when sherdog, which delights in fighter bashing , and has slagged goldie off for years,cries over a long overdue sacking.
edit; my ideal commentary team would be mauro ranello and pat miletich......but that aint happening

Last edited:
All he got to do was say a couple of goodbyes during the credit roll and thank some old friends... They faded it out too.

Even Rogan sold out on him. Dude didnt even glance in Goldie's direction when they were doing their wrap up, and Goldie was staring at him the whole time... Would have been no sweat to put his arm around and say thanks for everything... They didnt even do their mic-cheers thing because they were on headsets.

Poor fucking Goldie.

I would have expected more from Rogan.

Will be interesting to see if he man's up on his podcast and addresses the issue next week. Because you know Joe's getting a ton of questions about it from his fans on SM.

It's a misstep by the UFC, Goldberg deserved a quick three minute video highlighting his best calls and funniest moments. Nothing crazy or expensive, just something to show his value to the company all these years.
Yea that would have been perfect. They could have even done it at the end of the broadcast while everyone was leaving. The gesture would have been appreciated.

He was terrible at his job. In the immortal words of the poet Matt Serra: "Fuck 'em." Maybe some of you scrubs on here like him because he seemed to know as much about MMA as you guys do.

Will be interesting to see if he man's up on his podcast and addresses the issue next week. Because you know Joe's getting a ton of questions about it from his fans on SM.
Would be good to get Goldie in on a podcast in the near future. I think thats as close to a send of as is possible at this point.

Was a ho manoeuvre. There must have been some shit going on.

Not even a glance.

Good for Kole for standing up for his role model as every hard working Dad should be for their children. Mike Goldberg was an honest and fair analyst and breathed a lot of fire into a lot of really dull fights with his passion. Nobody at this point knows the reason Goldberg is leaving whether it be money, other opps, wrong look, voice, haircut, etc or just the passing of the torch to these Hollywood types. Society today does not place a lot of emphassis on a 20 year career like he just accomplished as too many have the "we are all replaceable" mindset. No comment on the lady Laura who is the finest example of "you cannot teach class".
L'Chaim Mike Goldberg to a job well done!

The only reason why I bought the PPV was because I wanted to see how the UFC would do the sendoff

The absence of any sendoff is very representative of the absence of class that the UFC has shown in handling the departure of all of their terminated employees.

Dana White is the king of the grudge

Prolly both competed for Arianny or something

I'm telling you, Rogan just doesn't like Goldie as a friend. I guess it's like any job. There's guy's that I work with that I would never have a drink with after work, but I get on with them fine on the job.

Rogan has pretty much said that about his relationship with Goldie. I'll see if I can find the audio.

He's never had him on the podcast. He's had freaking Dana white on twice! You'd think he would have said somthing like, "hey man it's been a pleasure calling fights with you over the years. All the best".

He shed a tear for Ronda, but doesn't even acknowledge that his 10 year work buddy is getting the boot.

Back