Mike Goldeberg’s son blasts UFC for not giving him a proper send-off after UFC 207

When I think about it it truly does fucking suck and I'm not big on Goldie but god damn, just goes to show loyalty means way more to guys like the Fertittas than these corporate :eek::eek::eek:s looking to repay a debt.

Yeah, that was cruel. But then again, it's Dana White.

So what if Goldberg made mistakes, he's calling fights, it's not rocket science. Rogan is biased as hell, that's a more egregious announcing error.
Yeah, I love this idea that there's some gold standard of commentating in MMA. They're all garbage. Stann, Cruz and Hardy are the only really quality ones and they all have their flaws too.

Rogan can be just as bad as Goldberg on a given night or fight.

He's right. Maybe it was a contract dispute over money. So they just sent him off quietly. But it's wrong. 20 years with that company and he just got a kick in the ass and told to leave.
I just don't see that happening, there's something about Goldie that I'd trust his loyalty but I wouldn't trust much else with him.

Weird that they wouldn't do something, it looks incredibly bad to every other one of their employees.

Even before the new owners they never had a problem sending out the message "We don't give a fuck" I mean they only really care about the star fighters, and even then they are quick to put the hammer down on them.

Yeah, I love this idea that there's some gold standard of commentating in MMA. They're all garbage. Stann, Cruz and Hardy are the only really quality ones and they all have their flaws too.

Rogan can be just as bad as Goldberg on a given night or fight.

Hardy's absolutely terrible.

the fact that the suits didn't give him any sendoff doesn't surprise me.

The fact that Rogan didn't even say one damn word makes him a bum in my eyes.

Any decent media company will just continue paying the guy till the end of the contract and put somebody else for the transition.

They had Jon Anik ready to go, why put Goldie in that situation for just one show.

Very shitty company

Hardy's absolutely terrible.
Yeah I agree.
But I also think Stann can be really bad, same with Anik.
Cruz is good, he just talks too much but he's only done it once I think
DC was pretty bad too

Commentating is hard, and Goldie is asked to do a lot. He might not have been great, but he did it froa long time

I liked Frank Mir the most btw.

Said it before will say it again... WME-IMG should keep Goldberg around in some form or capacity. He's a likebale (but dumb) guy who can still do a good job with the weigh ins, Q&A etc

All these people bitching about Goldberg not getting a sendoff, yet still essentially making fun of his name by not using his actual name...

Goldberg needs to keep his fling on a string. Honestly though, Goldberg deserves a proper goodbye. But Goldberg hasn't shown he cares that much. Kind of like when a referee stops a fight early and the fighter doesn't protest.

If I was Goldberg I wouldn't rely on the UFC to give me a farewell. I would be on twitter thanking the fans, talking to fans, doing any media I could to show the appreciation I had for my job and love for the sport.

Goldberg deserved some recognition. He was the voice of the ufc. If its too much to do it for him, do it for the fans so they're not confused at what happened and wonder where he went.

Anyone who wanted him to lose his job is an entitled asshole who thinks people's lives and jobs should be decided around their opinion. The world doesn't revolve around your opinion.

Back