Mike Goldeberg’s son blasts UFC for not giving him a proper send-off after UFC 207

And why the hell didn't Joe say something?

His partner of many years was leaving.

So he didn't even get a private send off? I doubt Joe would let that happen.

I was wondering the same. Hopefully, he can mention it on a podcast now that it's official. It would also be nice to see Goldberg be a guest on one of his future fightcasts, too.

new WME ownership is a joke

Ferttitas would set up Goldberg with something noice

If the Ferttitas were actually old school Italian, they'd do something even though they no longer own the UFC.

I just don't get it.

Who runs a shop like that?
No idea at all.

They fired so much of their staff this year, removed pretty much all their global leadership. Only thing that was missing was a classic Dana White soundbyte "It'll be business as usual" before it all started.

He's probably very rich for doing a dream job in mediocre fashion. He made out just fine

A Goldie tribute would probably do him more harm than good.

No it wouldn't.

Despite his mess ups there were a lot of times were he was the one pointing out how great a fight was or complimenting what he likes about the fighters games. Meanwhile Rogan goes on rants and treats it like a podcast, sometimes only focusing on what he DOESN'T like about one fighter. A good example of this is Jim Miller vs Lauzon. Amazing fight and Mike Goldberg was the one hyping it up and doing his job, keeping them on track. There are plenty other examples as well. Lots of times where he was freaking out right along with Joe that would have been good too that you could have done a send off with.

To be me it's unbelievable that they did nothing for him.

Last edited:
A Goldie tribute would end up doing him more harm than good.

All they had to do is mention it to start the broadcast for about a minute or two. No need for a tribute.
"It's been a joy to work for the UFC for 20 years, I've called so many great fights - I'm thankful for this oppurtunity, I look forward to this memorable night of fights and getting to call the sport I love before moving on to other oppurtunities"

2 minutes. Done. Have Joe thank him for his partnership and some cliche "It's been a joy to call fights with you" at the end of the night and that's it. Bring it up a bit during the actual card when it doesn't detract, mention a memorable fight or two.

Credit to Goldie though. He turned in his normal type of performance, lots of goofs - but he could have completely mailed that it. He gave it a good effort, sounded excited to be there even though the consensus in the MMA media is he got canned. Dude is a true professional (even if he's bad at his job). He's been there since Zuffa bought the company. It's a bad look.

Joe didn't even look at him... I couldn't believe it.

Goldie was staring at him like a dog by a table begging for scraps... I felt genuinely bad for him. Dude betrayed him.

Goldturd got a better sendoff than he deserved. He was barely worthy of being flushed down a toilet, let alone having all the bells of whistles of a proper UFC sendoff.

So what if Goldberg made mistakes, he's calling fights, it's not rocket science. Rogan is biased as hell, that's a more egregious announcing error.

"Work yourself to the bone... 20 years... Then they kick him in the butt and say "You've been replaced by a computer!"

He's right. Maybe it was a contract dispute over money. So they just sent him off quietly. But it's wrong. 20 years with that company and he just got a kick in the ass and told to leave.

Back