News Merab vs Umar For BW Title "ABSOLUTELY" Next Via Dana White

Personally I think Merab can win this fight, and I’m sure he knows it too. Hes not afraid of Umar. He just wanted more cushy money than to fight someone super dangerous with a great team.

Make no mistake I believe umar can become the future of the division and I hope he does, but Merab is the more mature and seasoned fighter right now at the top of his game. I predict umar loses

Good!

Merab v O'Malley is an easy fight (for Merab) and it's only the type of fight UFC would make if they liked Merab and wanted to keep him around as champion for as long as possible.

Fuck that.. throw him the toughest competition available and let's see if he truly deserves that belt.

Yea, they should fight in February, it's simple. Umar is complicating things with his timeline. They really could fight in Jan, there's chance they fight after Ramadan, but I doubt that. We will see this Dec, Jan, or Feb.
Honestly, I think at the end of Feb is perfect, of course unless Merab is injured. I understand Merab doesnt want to give Umar a TS for whatever reason he may have, but ultimately, the promotion makes the rules.

Umar doesn't deserve it

Anyways, if it sells... then sure

Just hope the fight is somewhere sanctioned in the US... not at in Abu Dubious or Saudi

You're still using words like deserve after seeing Erceg and Khalil get shots over 2-4 more deserving guys ahead of them? And those were literally just months ago.

And for shits, Diego Lopes was the backup fighter for this title fight and his best win is a beyond washed Ortega and prior to that 6 hour notice Dan Ige.

It's the UFC. Deserve ain't got nothing to do w/ it anymore. I don't like it but that's the truth.

DEFINITELY.

May I ask your respective takes on the next title shot at 145?
Either Lopes or Evloev/Sterling winner. As much as I like Volk I have no interest in that rematch right now, he should get a win first. Give him a #1 contender fight against whoever of those previously mentioned doesn’t get the shot.

I don't know why Merab is hiding, he has a good chance with his cardio and size advantage. <Fedor23>

Either Lopes or Evloev/Sterling winner. As much as I like Volk I have no interest in that rematch right now, he should get a win first. Give him a #1 contender fight against whoever of those previously mentioned doesn’t get the shot.
I agree on Volk. I'd almost rather see him take a legacy fight at this point. Hard to see him beating Topuria in a rematch.
I realize the fans love Lopes, but I can't see any sensical argument for him over Evloev. I would have even given it to Evloev over Max today (Though in retrospect, I'm very happy with how things played out). If Evloev loses to Aljo, then absolutely, Lopes... But I don't think Evloev should be fighting Aljo in the first place. He should be fighting Topuria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claypool97
Back