May Challenge: Standard's 3 mins of fun

Please use the correct DW request form for an update

update2fp0.jpg

35lb kb/81 snatches

RollinDownRodeo/2835

I think I'm going to use the 45lb db and then just keep bumping it up by 10lbs until I find that weight "sweet spot". 35lb was too light a weight in that short amount of time to get that max volume.

Ya, the weight is weird that way. 35 seems too easy, yet 50 (fro high rep) seems too much. When I do this I think it'll be a 40 for the first time.

30 lbs/62 reps

Reloaded/1860 lbs

Single DB snatch, switching arms as soon as the other got tired... I could have paced myself a bit better, shot my load at the beginning I think.

I know I can improve that number, will try again later this month.

two hand hang power snatch, 45lbs bar x 70 reps = 3150

When I messed around with the bar a bit while warming up, I thought it felt rediculously easy, and that Finnegan would get a run for his money. The shit got hard real quick as lactic acid built up in my traps.

finnegan
50lbs dumbell x 91 reps = 4550

Rep Scheme:
20 reps left, 20 reps right, 5/5,5/5,/10/10,/3/3, 3/3 off into infinity was the plan.

Ex-hippy freak.

At least you're not an ex-emo.

I'll have to give this a shot...but i'll most likely die in the process....Just came back from the gym and finished magic 50. I did 4 rounds (JUST STARTED) I was already sweating my ass off in the 2nd/3rd round.

I know it's sad :redface:

I'll have to give this a shot...but i'll most likely die in the process....Just came back from the gym and finished magic 50. I did 4 rounds (JUST STARTED) I was already sweating my ass off in the 2nd/3rd round.

I know it's sad :redface:

That's not a bad start. My first try I got all 5 rounds, but my last rest period was about 2 minutes instead of 1.

When I get up this afternoon you're all gonna fukin pay!

When I get up this afternoon you're all gonna fukin pay!

*re-adjests bongo drums and moves some Burroughs novels* You need to chill, man. All that stress is just Dharma, you are working through, daddy-o.

That's not a bad start. My first try I got all 5 rounds, but my last rest period was about 2 minutes instead of 1.

hahh nice nice.. yeah my rest periods were 1 minute..

It's all in the mind... I did the farmers walk after...and just when I'm about to let go, i tell myself it's all in the mind lol. I love the stuff in II...the workouts really push you to your limit.

I wanna try Magic 50 with no breaks...oh what fun that would be. Next challenge is Workout Capacity 101 :D

*re-adjests bongo drums and moves some Burroughs novels* You need to chill, man. All that stress is just Dharma, you are working through, daddy-o.

The Machizms of my mind are an enigma

I shall perform, I,shall dominate and I will bust Finn's balls with attempts of bad ass humor simply because he is the baddest assesd man competiting.

edit: geeze why do I wake up wondering what I did on Ambien more than then when I'm boozed up?

I would have done this challenge by now but I wrecked my right hand/thumb last week training MMA. It's still swollen and bruised and my grip isn't worth shit at the moment. It is getting better though, seems less inflamed each day, so hopefully I can get this done in the next week. Oh and for those who say, 'do one arm snatches with your left arm', my left handed snatch is prolly the worst in Sherdog history! lol

I would have done this challenge by now but I wrecked my right hand/thumb last week training MMA. It's still swollen and bruised and my grip isn't worth shit at the moment. It is getting better though, seems less inflamed each day, so hopefully I can get this done in the next week. Oh and for those who say, 'do one arm snatches with your left arm', my left handed snatch is prolly the worst in Sherdog history! lol

That's what I'm doing. Give it a shot! :icon_twis

That's what I'm doing. Give it a shot! :icon_twis

We'll see man. It's just so annoying what happened with my right hand last week. It was a typical MMA glove injury (I threw a punch but my fist wasn't properly closed and my thumb was out). Maybe you're right, I should just man up and give it a go with the lefty.

Back