@red
Reaction score
May Challenge:

The most weight you can snatch in 3 mins

What to do:

Grab any weight you want and move the most total poundage you can in 3 mins

Rules:

• You have 3 mins, the clock may not stop untill the end
  • Use anything you like KB, DB, BB, neighbourhood children, doesn't matter as long as you know the weight
  • Use 1 handed or 2 handed snatches the choice is up to you (but no switching once you start)
  • The weight must be snatched, no pushouts.
  • Try this challenge as often as you like, try different weights etc.

Directions for Submission

Once you're done, calculate the total volume of weigth you have moved using this advanced scientific formula

Weight x reps = total volume moved

Ex: 35 x 97 = 3395lbs moved

The submit your name and score: ex: Standard\3395

Leaderboard

1. finnegan/4750
  2. SteveR/4300
  3. vonanaka/4232
  4. JPC/4200
  5. mschatz/4136
  6. RollinDownRodeo/4,140
  7. JRT6/4095
  8. Revok/4012
  9. XTrainer/3645
  10. Plus Juan/3600
  11. Centaur/3600
  12. artie84/3350
  13. Freeman102010/3330
  14. erco/3280
  15. DevilsSon/3250
  16. Cap'n/3175
  17. artie84/3000
  18. bfdtuck/2925
  19. Shotokan777/2905
  20. Standard/2775
  21. ronin0352/2750
  22. blakethemus/2750
  23. belko/2508
  24. Bubbles/2400
  25. Zerocrew1984/2345
  26. belko/2090
  27. Tucker Smith/2080
  28. Reloaded/1860
  29. Ironmaidenfan#1/1760
  30. blakethemus/1750
  31. zop/1125
  32. erskine777/1050

I'm just going to have to work on doing snatches in general for this.

I was considering the open snatch challenge as the title but it may have given the wrong idea...

Interesting...I'll be doing this in the next couple of days

Crivens!

I'm fucking awful at maths.

where are the conditioning challenges that actually require having beasty I-put-my-lungs-through-hell conditioning, and not weights?

;-(

~Foz

This is a cool challenge, I'll be making my challenge debut with this one :)

Foz you can use a pink 2lb DB if you like...

This should be a good lung burner, with the short time it's going to favour a light to moderate weight to get the highest volume. I don't think busting out near your max with long rest periods is going to work for anyone at all.

Looking forward to doing this, maybe this afternoon if I've got time.

Standard, was the title of this challenge something your girlfriend suggested?

Actually they had a study and on average sex lasts between 3 and 13 mins or something like that

*does happy dance he's within avg*

*cries because he rounded to get there*

This is a very strategic challenge. I think I can perform this one without killing my lifting. I'm torn as to whether the BB or DB is the way to go. I'd want to say dumbell, now that I think about it more.

I just picked up a large sweet tea a few times in 3 minutes.

I'll start us off with about 128oz / krossinc

Can someone post a link to the movement Im sposed to be doing? Im shit - I know!

Interesting challenge. I'm definitely thinking that I'm using the barbell for this one, at least for the first attempt and I'm going to go for a weight that is about 60% one rep max. I'm not sure though, it's hard to know how heavy to go as it's only 3 minutes.

I'll post my results in a few days, cheers Standard, like the new AV. lol

STANDARD - just to clarify one rule about switching.

Use 1 handed or 2 handed snatches the choice is up to you (but no switching once you start)

Does this include switching arms when doing one handed dumbbell snatches? (i.e, if my right arm is fucked after two minutes then can I switch to the left arm for the last minute?), or is it just switching from a dumbbell to a barbell that is not allowed?.

Hope that made sense and sorry if I'm being overly specific, I just want to be sure I follow the rules. Thanks.

I'll try and explain as best i can

If you decide to do a traditional 2 handed snatch you can't change over to 1 handed snatches mid set and vise versa.

Also you can't adjust the weight as you go, pick one weight for that attempt and stick with it. If it was too heavy or not heavy enough try another attempt at the challenge.

You can switch arms when doing one handed snatches that's fine.

FlameBoy - check the 100 snatch thread for a demo on a 1 handed snatch, for 2 handed try a search on youtube for snatch, you can do either a full snatch or a power snatch if you like.

At least it's not a snatch cream pie challenge.

Used 45lbs, got 66 reps.

SteveR/2970

I'll try and explain as best i can

If you decide to do a traditional 2 handed snatch you can't change over to 1 handed snatches mid set and vise versa.

Also you can't adjust the weight as you go, pick one weight for that attempt and stick with it. If it was too heavy or not heavy enough try another attempt at the challenge.

You can switch arms when doing one handed snatches that's fine.

FlameBoy - check the 100 snatch thread for a demo on a 1 handed snatch, for 2 handed try a search on youtube for snatch, you can do either a full snatch or a power snatch if you like.

Thanks Standard, I'm clear over the rules now.

Back