May Challenge: Standard's 3 mins of fun

I liked it. Should be able to improve before the month's end.

I used a Dumbbell.

I was considering the open snatch challenge as the title but it may have given the wrong idea...

HAHAHAHA.

Fucking Fin or Ms. will take this one I think.

Unless we get to divide it by our BW, but I have a feeling that's out.

I'm going to die on this.

Foz you can use a pink 2lb DB if you like...

This should be a good lung burner, with the short time it's going to favour a light to moderate weight to get the highest volume. I don't think busting out near your max with long rest periods is going to work for anyone at all.

:p i suck at snatches and my knees still dicky so i'll pass this one. I'm just waiting for the next non-weight related one so I can force myself back into some sort of cardio. :icon_sad:

/goes lifting the foo-boo db's

~Foz

I approve of this challenge whole heartedly.

I like this one, I may actually be able to get in on it.

Foz whats wrong with the knee? i would imagine this would be alot easier on knees that alot of the other BW challenges that have say burpees or running in them.

You can always try the conditioning challenge, it's mad fun :icon_chee

Foz whats wrong with the knee? i would imagine this would be alot easier on knees that alot of the other BW challenges that have say burpees or running in them.

You can always try the conditioning challenge, it's mad fun :icon_chee

yeah the knee won't be good for a while for running or burpee's either. injured it grappling and then hurt it again doing one legged squats. I think it's just strained but it was inflamed for a few days, trying to avoid any impact on it for a while.

knees are lovely little things.

~Foz

I'm assuming if we do barbell snatches, they can be done from the hang, as dumbell snatches are done?

:p i suck at snatches and my knees still dicky so i'll pass this one. I'm just waiting for the next non-weight related one so I can force myself back into some sort of cardio. :icon_sad:

/goes lifting the foo-boo db's

~Foz

Foz, if it makes ya feel any better I'll be doing this all left-handed as I'm still recovering from RC surgery on right shoulder. My total is probably gonna suck, but at least I can finally participate in a challenge. I'm looking forward to it.

Foz, if it makes ya feel any better I'll be doing this all left-handed as I'm still recovering from RC surgery on right shoulder. My total is probably gonna suck, but at least I can finally participate in a challenge. I'm looking forward to it.

I feel ya man. I jacked my wrist up 2 months ago and couldn't do any form of lifting cause I couldn't grip a bar without pain shooting up my arm. Got a cortizol shot and some steroids and it's healed up finally, and then I do my knee in. Life's full of curveballs I guess.

Hope you're shoulder heals up buddy.

~Foz

I'm assuming if we do barbell snatches, they can be done from the hang, as dumbell snatches are done?

Yeah hang snatches are fine, you can drop under if you like but i think most will be doing power snatches

Damn Foz, you're just falling apart

Deadlifts
185 x 35 in 3 minutes

Bacon/6475

If this doesn't count, that's cool. As some of you know, I've been pretty "iron deficient" lately. I think I just NEEDED to do this. I was looking for an excuse to test out my new video camera, too. I'll post the vid later.

I'm gonna go finish vomiting now.

Deadlifts
185 x 35 in 3 minutes

Bacon/6475

If this doesn't count, that's cool. As some of you know, I've been pretty "iron deficient" lately. I think I just NEEDED to do this. I was looking for an excuse to test out my new video camera, too. I'll post the vid later.

I'm gonna go finish vomiting now.

That's not a bad time. A couple months too late and 2 minutes short, but still, some good work.

Back