Max is still my dude

Max had to fight a perfect fight to win and a near-perfect fight to not get finishing standing. He did really well for a while and I think can beat anyone else at FW (maybe even Volk at this point, but we need to see how Volk looks with proper recovery time).

Once they started getting into those extended exchanges in the pocket and close to the fence, I knew it was done. Unless you can match or exceed the striking threat Top poses and/or are an elite wrestler/grappler with very fast yet safe entries, you're going to have a hard night.

Max had to fight a perfect fight to win and a near-perfect fight to not get finishing standing. He did really well for a while and I think can beat anyone else at FW (maybe even Volk at this point, but we need to see how Volk looks with proper recovery time).

Once they started getting into those extended exchanges in the pocket and close to the fence, I knew it was done. Unless you can match or exceed the striking threat Top poses and/or are an elite wrestler/grappler with very fast yet safe entries, you're going to have a hard night.
Yup, shit happens and this one sucks.
The guy definitely has the skills.

As an Anderson Silva fan I know what it's like to see your favourite guy lose, and in terrible fashion at that.

As much as I want to hop on your train I just can't sir.
The guy proved himself in a huge way tonight despite doing it against my favorite fighter.

Now don't get me wrong, I want to "fuck that mothafucka" too, but the guy is one hell of a fighter and you can't take that away from him with a thousand "fuck that mothafuckas" unfortunately lol.
Yeah i get u but its still fuck that chihuahua

He is always my dude. He was having success. I think he wind first 2 rounds. Ilia has that power that carries tboufh. Speed in his hands too. I think he really has a legit chance against Islam.

Max is a legend. I appreciate the great fights he's gave us through his career. He should consider a permanent move to LW.

That said, Ilia Topuria is a fucking monster. We need to see how he does against a legit grappling threat but he's talented as hell.

Max is a legend. I appreciate the great fights he's gave us through his career. He should consider a permanent move to LW.

That said, Ilia Topuria is a fucking monster. We need to see how he does against a legit grappling threat but he's talented as hell.
Agreed he should go to lw. I think his kick boxing is going to be a problem for everyone there for the most part.

Hope you're not a Tony Ferguson fan on top of it or that'd be really rough.
lol not a Ferguson fan but tuned into his fights mist of the time. Max chin is clearly there he got cracked a few times really hard and didn’t go down. Anybody at fw and probably almost every lw getting hit in that last 30 seconds by topuria would go down. His hands are very fast and power to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claypool97
Back