Media Masvidal said recently that he’s “never tapped” ... I look’d into it

Idiotic statement. Toughness displayed by a guy like Masvidal relies heavily on the mental side, especially highlighted by the fact of how technically and efficiently he fights (as opposed to being reckless and "brave" in his style).

Using a hypothetical situation to try and display the mental state of a fighter is just fucking dumb.

He fights so technically and efficiently that he lost 13 times :D He lost to no names. But I must admit, he's not so dumb, he's actually very sly but he's below average intelligence.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy. I'm a fan. He entertains me, especially lately. I also admire his thoughness and fighting spirit. It's also cool that he doesn't tap to choke.

But he can't fool me with these acts. He's not real. He's super fake. The way he talks, the way he walks, he's trying to look like a tough motherfucker and he shows everyone he's this bad dude. He's very very concerned about his image and what people think about him. He goes out of his way to show his toughness, his streetness and bad attitude to people. He acts very calculated contrary to common belief that he does whatever he feels like.

Tony Ferguson is a guy that's truly tough and real. Diaz guys are truly tough and real. Masvidal is tough but he's fake.

He fights so technically and efficiently that he lost 13 times :D He lost to no names. But I must admit, he's not so dumb, he's actually very sly but he's below average intelligence.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy. I'm a fan. He entertains me, especially lately. I also admire his thoughness and fighting spirit. It's also cool that he doesn't tap to choke.

But he can't fool me with these acts. He's not real. He's super fake. The way he talks, the way he walks, he's trying to look like a tough motherfucker and he shows everyone he's this bad dude. He's very very concerned about his image and what people think about him. He goes out of his way to show his toughness, his streetness and bad attitude to people. He acts very calculated contrary to common belief that he does whatever he feels like.

Tony Ferguson is a guy that's truly tough and real. Diaz guys are truly tough and real. Masvidal is tough but he's fake.

The dude grew up fighting in backyards in Miami and you're calling him fake?

The only thing fake here is you thinking you have a clue.

The dude grew up fighting in backyards in Miami and you're calling him fake?

The only thing fake here is you thinking you have a clue.

What's that got to do with realness? Are you fuckin stupid? Being tough and being real are not synonyms.

He's super fake. One of the fakest fighters in the roster.

BTW I was still super excited to see him knock the fuck out of Askren in the first few seconds. I don't really care about his fakeness when he's in the octagon as long as he doesn't coast thinking he's winning with his lil mind.

Last edited:
He's so fake that sometimes he makes me cringe. But he's such an exciting fighter that I'm still a fan despite that. Probably one of my favourites in the WW division.

Dafuq are you serious? How is he fake? If anyone is genuinely a harda$$/ghetto it’s him!

Last edited:
Goatsvidal is tough no doubt but there are many like him in mma. Yall act kinda noobish making threads like this.

Fighters like Masvidal and Neer don’t come around very often

These are the guys who would have entered UFC 1

They aren’t in it for the sport of it

They just love the bloodlust

The money is a bonus

I agree he has the bloodlust. He likes beating on people. But all Jorge cares about is money in the UFC. One of the big reasons he's trying to sell this persona is money. I don't think he would bother to do camps and training shit if there was no money.

Yeah that TKO loss was pretty lame, he got dropped but he was still in the fight.

The Toby Imada one was nuts though. I saw that when it happened and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Kind of like the flying knee the other night

Goatsvidal is tough no doubt but there are many like him in mma. Yall act kinda noobish making threads like this.

I’m shining some light on a checkered record, how is that being “noobish” ??

Idiotic statement. Toughness displayed by a guy like Masvidal relies heavily on the mental side, especially highlighted by the fact of how technically and efficiently he fights (as opposed to being reckless and "brave" in his style).

Using a hypothetical situation to try and display the mental state of a fighter is just fucking dumb.
Orrrr how he's mentally weak and csnt string together 3 wins and has fights like Thompson where hes too pussy to engage out of fear of being countered despite a 30-26 decision coming.

Engaging and going for broke is more toughness than not tapping and eating decision losses without putting up a fight

He doesn't want to engage in some fights and he's coasting in some fights because he's afraid of losing or even worse, getting embarrased. Not because of the fear of pain or getting damage. Like I said before, he's very concerned about the public opinion about his image and of course the money he's getting. He's really in this for money like almost every fighter.

I knew he didn't tap in those two submissions because they were chokes and he wouldn't care about brain damage.

Kimura his right arm and let's see if he taps or not. He would care then because he would lose money by not being able to fight any more. But knowing Jorge, he would fake his right arm getting broken by screaming and twisting a bit more to let the ref stop it before he taps or actually breaks.
He would tap

this is masvidal being choked by imada, it was a pretty famous choke back in the day

imadagif.gif

but ye i think he's never tapped

i'd just rather not miss 8 weeks of training because i refused to tap and so on.
Some guys have been out for a year for not tapping. Don frye also paid a heavy price for not tapping to shamrock.

The guy fought in the streets like Kimbo it’s on YouTube! He is the real deal but the only thing that annoyed me is the racist thing he accused Ben, though he redeemed himself with that record ko

Back