Media Masvidal said recently that he’s “never tapped” ... I look’d into it

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Wise1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Le Choad

Le Choad Green Belt

The third paragraph is the most blatant example of projection I have ever seen. That shit belongs in psych 101 textbooks.

2. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Purple Belt

Guranfuckingtee you that if Gary Tonon put a heel hook on his ass hed fucking tap. Or maybe not. Hes not very bright and im speaking as a fan.

Superzorro likes this.
  3. Qwerty1

Qwerty1 Purple Belt

This reminded me of ''i black out before i tap out bitchhhh''

1:15

Random as hell i know

Wise1 likes this.
  4. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

The only fight Masvidal has ever been gun shy like that with was Thompson. Literally all of his other decision losses are close and/or controversial decision.

Are you really replying he should have gone for broke against a guy whose whole gameplan depends on an opponent coming forward and landing big counters? Like, fuck. Most guys who did that to Thompson got KO'd or dropped. The guys who beat Thompson did it through controlled attacks to land big shots.

Good thing you're not in Masvidal's corner. Apparently toughness is fighting like a dumbass rather than trying to use an intelligent strategy to fight.

For the record, round 3 was Masvidal's best round in that fight. Because he opened up more.

5. Superzorro

Superzorro Goddess of War

It’s easy to not tap to chokes. Try not tapping to a heel hook or a knee bar and see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Wise1 likes this.
  6. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

He lost 30-26 on one csrd and took zero risks. If you're losing that badly and don't go for broke it's no different than tapping if not worse, you are conceding defeat

Superzorro likes this.
  7. Wise1

Wise1 Black Belt

Ben did demean him on more than one occasion but I don’t think Ben is racist, at least not intentionally.

true_fan likes this.
  8. Sarge3000

Sarge3000 Blue Belt

That choke by the Japanese fighter is insane. That's true bushido holy shit.

Wise1 likes this.
  9. The Maniac

The Maniac Green Belt

If Larkin Iaquinta Daley and Thompson can outstrike Masdival so can Conor unless Masdival just goes High Guard High Pressure style I see him winning

10. ClosetVitorFan

ClosetVitorFan Silver Belt

Those better have been in tournaments when It "mattered" not just casual rolling.

Wise1 likes this.
  11. Wise1

Wise1 Black Belt

Just you mentioning Iaquinta shows that you’re going off hearsay instead of observing for yourself. Under no circumstances did Al win that fight. I was there, the crowd actually gasped when the decision was read. Larkin was a split decision and Daley didn’t even make weight. The only legit shaming from the four names you mentioned came from WB but that was before Masvidal decided to come correct.

I won’t dismiss Conor’s chances, especially if it’s @LW but I’d definitely favor Jorge.

Alanf7 likes this.
  12. Alanf7

Alanf7 Black Belt

You sound like such a whiny virgin

Wise1 likes this.
  13. kickpuncher

kickpuncher Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The TKO stoppage was bullshit. Also on that same video he did not tap out and instead was choked out. Unless you got the video of him tapping out, it seems like he rather pass out than tap out. #Conorpuss.

14. Alanf7

Alanf7 Black Belt

Lmao look at this bitchy keyboard warrior knowing it all. Go eat some more cheatos dork

Wise1 likes this.
  15. Pierced7681

Pierced7681 Black Belt

Most were tournaments yea, I competed over 100 times so I was very active. The few times I got put out during training was due to me seeing how long I could take a choke for and one time I got caught with a nasty baseball bat choke that put me out instantly and I was out cold for a minute. Definitely got some brain damage from that one. I felt like I had a massive hangover the next day and my brain wasn’t right for months.

Jonah Here and Wise1 like this.
  16. ClosetVitorFan

ClosetVitorFan Silver Belt

That's scary and why I never let people hold chokes on me too long. I'm a tapper. Also I had a close call with a head kick while training muay Thai with a pro. It was an accident but I leaned into a head kick. It didn't knock me out but it rang my bell. Felt weird for a couple days and thought I might die that night. Maybe a concussion, maybe not. I saw a doctor the next day and he assured me I wouldn't die if I went to sleep, which was nice. He couldn't conclusively say I had a concussion but said possible a very minor concussion. That was enough for me to not pursue being hit in the head for a living. These guys in MMA are warriors. Head injuries affect people differently. Someone can get knocked out and the next couple days, they're fine like nothing happened. Some people get knocked out and are never the same or it takes a long time to recover from. Remember TJ grant? In line for the next title shot, huge money payday, suffers massive concussion in training. Never returns to MMA.

Jonah Here, Pierced7681 and Wise1 like this.
  17. Pierced7681

Pierced7681 Black Belt

Luckily I never got concussed from mma sparring, had two smokers in the gym and went 1-1. That was enough for me and I went back to bjj until injuries forced an early retirement. Sucks cause I miss grappling. If I were to go back I’d train completely different and tap all the time. Fuck being a gym hero when you’re not even getting paid.

Wise1 likes this.
  18. Superzorro

Superzorro Goddess of War

In my mind, losing a decision is almost always worse than being finished.

D 1 Wrestler likes this.
  19. Wise1

Wise1 Black Belt

Fighter-A:
    Is unable, on the night, to perform as they’d like but is able to at least maintain a degree of competitiveness and not get finished.

Fighter-B:
    Is unable, on the night, to perform as they’d like and is helplessly outclassed to the point of being finished.

You’re saying, in your mind, Fighter-B’s scenario is favorable to Fighter-A’s?

20. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Green Belt

Fighter A of course gets more respect...but how about this scenerio.

FIghter A (Tyron) gets absolutely dominated (Usman), you could visually see that Fighter A (Tyron) has mentally quit and is just in survival mode...Loses a solid decision(30-27/50 - 45) or worse.

Fighter B Goes out there, goes for the kill, is competitive, but gets KTFO in the first round.

Sorry but in this scenerio I respect Fighter B more.......Im tired of guys who mentally quit and just try to survive so they could say "atleast I didn't get finish"

Tyron/Smith did that recently...Mentally quit and were just on survival mode...IDGAF that they didn't get finished, dudes look horrible...Plenty of guys who gotten KTFO looked way better than them, and I respect that they atleast try to win.