Maryna Moroz had 6% accuracy in significant strikes last night

Diego Sanchez went 8 for 108. And 0 for 27 on takedowns. In a title fight. In the best division in MMA. And his opponent was engaging.

Thats still a whopping 3% better acuracy.

Lmao @ 0 for 27 takedowns though.

This fight is slightly comparable.

Think about it. 250+ strikes thrown over 3 rounds. 17 landed. None of them in anyway stunning hurting/cutting the oponent. Sparring has more violence.

Yet in reality she wasnt, both landed 17 strikes according to official stats. 17 is not more than 17. In fact, you could argue Taylor earned the win more because she landed easily the most significant punch of the fight and take Maryna down once. Im a fan of Moroz but not blinded by bias.

Moroz landed more. Watch the fight again.

Proves that Joanna is grossly overrated.

Moroz... having low sig strike accuracy last night... relates to Joanna... how exactly?

Terrible fight but if the other person is bouncing away the whole fight what can you do.

I think Herb issued about 17 engage warnings to Taylor.

I'm a fan of Moroz but that was a bad fight. I'm not stupid enough to simply blame it on being WMMA as I've seen many male fights that were equally terrible but it was a very poor showing. Part of it can be attributed to Taylor's evasiveness but at the same time, unless she was extremely confident in the decision going her way, you would have expected Moroz to start varying her strikes much earlier and really pursuing the finish. I would not have been surprised to see Taylor get the nod. It was a late replacement fight though so I'll give both fighters a pass this time and judge them on their next performances.

It was a horrendous fight.. same as their skill level. So amateurish. Its very worrying we are getting fighters like this in UFC, let alone on the main card.

Thats still a whopping 3% better acuracy.

Lmao @ 0 for 27 takedowns though.

This fight is slightly comparable.

Think about it. 250+ strikes thrown over 3 rounds. 17 landed. None of them in anyway stunning hurting/cutting the oponent. Sparring has more violence.

I've literally never seen sparring that had less action than that "fight." It was an abomination and was embaressing to the entire sport of MMA. Disgraceful.

I would honestly cut both women for that performance.

Terrible fight but if the other person is bouncing away the whole fight what can you do.

I think Herb issued about 17 engage warnings to Taylor.

Im pretty sure he said it to both, not just to Taylor.

Lets not forget that two VERY entertaining fights were on FP, and the UFC led the main event with one of the worst fights of all time. lol.

It was a horrendous fight.. same as their skill level. So amateurish. Its very worrying we are getting fighters like this in UFC, let alone on the main card.

To be fair, Moroz is technically a good striker in terms of WMMA, its just that she was way too worried of getting hit, I dont know what her problem was. The frustation level was like watching Holly Holm at her most hesitant x 3. Maybe they know they dont have good chins, and it shows like that. Whatever the reason, embarrasing.

Last edited:
How? she has nothing to do with this match,never faced any of them in the past,i dont even think they have any common opponents.

what has that fight to do with Joanna...?

JJ would have murdered both of those girls, fighting them at the same time.

Moroz... having low sig strike accuracy last night... relates to Joanna... how exactly?

Pretty sure he meant Calderwood.

I scored all three rounds 30-0, for Maryna.

She beat the ever-loving shit out of the air last night.

Well, I'm a woman, I support WMMA but that fight was ridiculous. I've seen girls in reality shows engage in a fight more quickly than those 2.
The looked like amateurs that were afraid of getting hurt.

For PC purposes, we just say that the women's divisions are "still evolving."

At least Moroz tried to get strikes in.
Hard to hit a very small women, that most of the match just avoid the fight.
It's like trying to swat a fly.

But yeah would been more easy to hit, if she didn't have so very much distance between her and her opponent all the time.

Last edited:
Back