Maryna Moroz had 6% accuracy in significant strikes last night

The thing is Maryna is a freakin goddess. Her destruction of Jojo was very exciting, but she has let us down since. I know I'm not in a place to expect more from her, but I'm really hoping she is able to fill out

As for the other girl, she was a very hard hitter, but jesus she was tiny. It was so hard fir her to close the distance

They both landed 17 strikes and Taylor had almost triple the accuracy % than Moroz. Just because Moroz kept punching in the air way out of the range where her punches would have had a chance of landing doesnt mean Moroz was engaging more than Taylor.

That's a shame. Would've been a big upset win and boost to Taylor's career.

I've seen much worse fights. I mean that girl is 5 feet tall she has no business in mma so I had to start pulling for her. She had great movement and wasn't easy to hit. It was actually a mildly entertaining fight.

The other chick will get better.

When somebody stalls on the ground you get gay pron (minus penetration).

When somebody stalls on the feet, you can get a track meet.

You forget Starnes vs Quarry?

It was a shit fight, move along.

They both landed 17 strikes and Taylor had almost triple the accuracy % than Moroz. Just because Moroz kept punching in the air way out of the range where her punches would have had a chance of landing doesnt mean Moroz was engaging more than Taylor.

Yet she was. She landed more.

It was a horrible fight, not much more than that can be said about it.

And she had %50 striking Accuracy against Stanciu.

%40 against Letourneau.

%40 against JoJo.

Sure it doesn't seem like its a bit of Taylor's fault.... Circling all fight and throwing nothing wouldn't affect your opponents accuracy, riiiight.

I wonder if people here actually watch the fights.

lol you lost for being a fan of WMMA. I'd rather watch bumfights.
I've tried to defend/get into WMMA but damn, last night made it hard to be a fan. Moroz is supposedly top 10 in what is considered the much better female division (115 vs 135) and this is what we got ? (very weird fight, not a good way to start the main card).

to be fair, gonzaga vs erokhin was a worse fight.

It was a bad fight but Taylor is very fast and spent the whole time running away, which is why the slower Moroz couldn't hit her. At least she tried, though. Why blame her for missing when Minnie Mouse was out there trying to make it like Starnes/Quarry or Silva/Maia doing her best Speedy Gonzales running away all fight long?

That has to be one of the most embarrasing records in the UFC ever. She landed 17 out of 251 strikes (and every landed strike was counted significant). I have often defended WMMA here, but that fight was just hard to watch. Have any reporter asked her about this? I have been a fan of hers but now I feel like she should almost apologize for her fans, there is no excuses to fight like that. She had to know her punches were way out of range (most of the time over 10 inches short) but she still didnt do anything to close the distance more. She had to know, no-one can have a fight IQ like that, right? What a disgrace.

I don't usually agree with you about much, I completely agree with you about Moroz's performance and this fight in general ... it was terrible.

I also thought Taylor should have won by sheer virtue of landing what appeared to be the only strike to hurt or damage at all, but both ladies need to be in Invicta, not the UFC. Not sure what happened to Moroz, she debuted like a beast but has fizzled out hard.

Last edited:
That has to be one of the most embarrasing records in the UFC ever. She landed 17 out of 251 strikes (and every landed strike was counted significant). I have often defended WMMA here, but that fight was just hard to watch. Have any reporter asked her about this? I have been a fan of hers but now I feel like she should almost apologize for her fans, there is no excuses to fight like that. She had to know her punches were way out of range (most of the time over 10 inches short) but she still didnt do anything to close the distance more. She had to know, no-one can have a fight IQ like that, right? What a disgrace.
It hurts just reading the thread title.

Proves that Joanna is grossly overrated.

Joanne? I don't think she is overrated, Moroz is a better striker than people are giving her credit for today.

Don't believe everything you read on Sherdog threads

that was one of the most cringiest fights ive seen. I had to just fast forward it after the first rund.

What makes it even worse is that she had a large reach advantage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back