Maryna Moroz had 6% accuracy in significant strikes last night

What makes it even worse is that she had a large reach advantage.

What's that got do do with anything?

Taylor had a large speed advantage. And wouldn't engage. Which is why Moroz couldn't hit her. Doesn't matter how long her arms are.

What's that got do do with anything?

Taylor had a large speed advantage. And wouldn't engage. Which is why Moroz couldn't hit her. Doesn't matter how long her arms are.

Not sure if serious...

Not sure if serious...

SeriousCat.jpg

taylor is in the wrong div... she should be in invicta fighting at 105... she landed two heavy overhand rights the entire fight, after that she just kept out of fighting range... moroz was trying to engage and landed some really good counters when taylor got within range... any other wmma, including jj, would have looked bad as well

Yet she was. She landed more.

Yet in reality she wasnt, both landed 17 strikes according to official stats. 17 is not more than 17. In fact, you could argue Taylor earned the win more because she landed easily the most significant punch of the fight and take Maryna down once. Im a fan of Moroz but not blinded by bias.

taylor is in the wrong div... she should be in invicta fighting at 105... she landed two heavy overhand rights the entire fight, after that she just kept out of fighting range... moroz was trying to engage and landed some really good counters when taylor got within range... any other wmma, including jj, would have looked bad as well

But Moroz wasnt trying to engage, over 50% of her strikes were over 10inch short from landing and she had to know that, yet she didnt close the distance more. Thats not engaging, thats just absurd. I have never seen anything like that in any MMA fight.

Let's not forget that Nakai is the worst.

Let's not forget that Nakai is the worst.

I didnt see her second ufc fight but yes,pumping out jabs from 2 blocks away against tate,def made it hard to justify bringing her back,despite her small and strange dedicated fanbase :D I think even Royce employed better tactics to get inside than that.

Agree. Her fans are just a bunch of weirdos.. Nakai, that is.

That has to be one of the most embarrasing records in the UFC ever. She landed 17 out of 251 strikes (and every landed strike was counted significant). I have often defended WMMA here, but that fight was just hard to watch. Have any reporter asked her about this? I have been a fan of hers but now I feel like she should almost apologize for her fans, there is no excuses to fight like that. She had to know her punches were way out of range (most of the time over 10 inches short) but she still didnt do anything to close the distance more. She had to know, no-one can have a fight IQ like that, right? What a disgrace.

Hard to hit someone who's running away from you for 14:28 of 15:00. Opening the card with that fight was a TERRIBLE idea. As soon as I saw that her opponent was 2'7" I thought, "Fuck. Here go."

Proves that Joanna is grossly overrated.

How? she has nothing to do with this match,never faced any of them in the past,i dont even think they have any common opponents.

But Moroz wasnt trying to engage, over 50% of her strikes were over 10inch short from landing and she had to know that, yet she didnt close the distance more. Thats not engaging, thats just absurd. I have never seen anything like that in any MMA fight.

she was pressing forward (= engaging) and throwing volume (= engaging) and controlling the octagon (a judging criteria designed to reward fighters who try and engage). Taylor was bounding around in circles (= avoiding) throwing nothing but an attempted overhand KO bomb 2-3 times a round (which is nice but she only landed it once, in round 2, and 3 seconds of engagement doesn't cancel out 4:57 of evasion)

Bad fight is a bad fight. Doesn't matter if the fighters have dicks or not.

Taylor literally ran away the whole fight, and threw a few token over hands. Give me a fuckin break. Can't believe that was a split decision. Should have been deducted points for running. How many fuckin times did the ref have to tell Taylor to "engage"? Some Carlos Condit/Kalib Starnes shit. Sheeit...

No excuse as a professional fighter to have 6% striking male or female. That's worst than getting knocked out within the first minute because at least you could argue the fighter made a dumb mistake and got caught.

No excuse as a professional fighter to have 6% striking male or female. That's worst than getting knocked out within the first minute because at least you could argue the fighter made a dumb mistake and got caught.
watch the fight dude, she tried. Her opponent ran laps. for 15 minutes straight.

Proves that Joanna is grossly overrated.

what has that fight to do with Joanna...?

JJ would have murdered both of those girls, fighting them at the same time.

Shut the hell up.

17 for 250? 3 round decision no takedowns ?

Doubt thats ever happened in any mens weightclass

Diego Sanchez went 8 for 108. And 0 for 27 on takedowns. In a title fight. In the best division in MMA. And his opponent was engaging.

Not sure what happened to Moroz, she debuted like a beast but has fizzled out hard.

I think more and more its obvious that Calderwood wasnt even vaguely there that night. She was basically a punchbag.. was a free win for Moroz

Moroz would struggle in Invicta tbh, the top Invicta girls, Hill, Grasso would destroy her, and Taylor should be at atomweight

Back