Maryna Moroz had 6% accuracy in significant strikes last night

She trains with Matt Riddle

7.gif

She has perfected it
hahaha I asked in between rounds in the discussion thread if Matt was her new boxing coach

Also those saying that this fight shows WMMA doesnt belong in the UFC need to chill the fuck out..... it was just a bad fight in general, just like the countless amount of bad male fights there had been

a bad WMMA fight and a bad MMA fight are the same thing, just a bad fight

I'm a fan of Moroz but that was a bad fight. I'm not stupid enough to simply blame it on being WMMA as I've seen many male fights that were equally terrible but it was a very poor showing. Part of it can be attributed to Taylor's evasiveness but at the same time, unless she was extremely confident in the decision going her way, you would have expected Moroz to start varying her strikes much earlier and really pursuing the finish. I would not have been surprised to see Taylor get the nod. It was a late replacement fight though so I'll give both fighters a pass this time and judge them on their next performances.
I expected her to throw at least one body shot. If you can't hit the head (or even come close to it), go to the body. Taylor has nice movement, could do well in Atomweight if she is more aggressive.

Yeah, had her opponent been even just SLIGHTLY more offensive, she could have won that fight. It was pretty much a whiff-fest.

In fairness she was chasing someone who didn't want to engage for 98% of the fight.

I took a shit during that fight. Unfortunately it was still on when I got done.

They both landed 17 strikes and Taylor had almost triple the accuracy % than Moroz. Just because Moroz kept punching in the air way out of the range where her punches would have had a chance of landing doesnt mean Moroz was engaging more than Taylor.
Screw Taylor.
She was backing up and literally running away the whole fight.
Moroz had cage control and forward movement, which are the last things judges should take into account, but were the ONLY things that they could take into account thanks to Taylor's pathetic display of non engagement.

I missed the first two rounds...but Moroz has been overrated/overranked for awhile now.

she was pressing forward (= engaging) and throwing volume (= engaging) and controlling the octagon (a judging criteria designed to reward fighters who try and engage). Taylor was bounding around in circles (= avoiding) throwing nothing but an attempted overhand KO bomb 2-3 times a round (which is nice but she only landed it once, in round 2, and 3 seconds of engagement doesn't cancel out 4:57 of evasion)
Anyone who doesn't understand this is clueless. Clear win for Moroz.

Probably the best thing I've ever seen, i enjoyed this gif more than the actual fight.
The fight was utter bobbins but I'm now a fan of Taylor, that woman is very very tidy.

I missed the first two rounds...but Moroz has been overrated/overranked for awhile now.
She looked like an utter world destroyer against the ghost of JoJo. Combine that with the knee jerk bandwagon jumping that 95% of MMA fans and media engage in and it's no wonder Moroz was overranked.

she didn't earn many fans

She looked like an utter world destroyer against the ghost of JoJo. Combine that with the knee jerk bandwagon jumping that 95% of MMA fans and media engage in and it's no wonder Moroz was overranked.
Lol'd at ghost of Jojo :D
But yeah. Silly shit. JoJed would have assassinated the poor girl had they given her a title shot after that.

For PC purposes, we just say that the women's divisions are "still evolving."
Actually, for reality purposes, as they *are* still evolving. I enjoy the hell out of it.

Yeah, you are going to get some stinkers like this, but you also get to see a lot of new fun stuff.

Proves that Joanna is grossly overrated.
You would fail an introductory logic class.

Moroz was busier with strikes and moved forward more often. Her opponent failed to attempt to engage the majority of the time. The takedown was 100% worthless, and so there was no reason to give Moroz an L.

moroz pulled a holly holm a rangy technical striker who was too afraid of the counter shots to get in range but stayed too far away to land her own strikes

You would fail an introductory logic class.

Moroz was busier with strikes and moved forward more often. Her opponent failed to attempt to engage the majority of the time. The takedown was 100% worthless, and so there was no reason to give Moroz an L.

Her workrate and movement led to 17 landed strikes and 6% accuracy, according to the thread. You might need to hold the L.

Last edited:
The other girl was worse..

They landed the same amount of sturikes while the short girl threw alot less.

Plus the short girl is a random unranked, had a reach disadvantage of like 20 inches and was a foot shorter, and Moroz is supposedly a top 10 fighter @ SW lel

With a 7 inch reach advantage Moroz landed 17 of 251 strikes.

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20160808-140942.png

Back