Maryna Moroz had 6% accuracy in significant strikes last night

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That has to be one of the most embarrasing records in the UFC ever. She landed 17 out of 251 strikes (and every landed strike was counted significant). I have often defended WMMA here, but that fight was just hard to watch. Have any reporter asked her about this? I have been a fan of hers but now I feel like she should almost apologize for her fans, there is no excuses to fight like that. She had to know her punches were way out of range (most of the time over 10 inches short) but she still didnt do anything to close the distance more. She had to know, no-one can have a fight IQ like that, right? What a disgrace.

Yeah, had her opponent been even just SLIGHTLY more offensive, she could have won that fight. It was pretty much a whiff-fest.

lol you lost for being a fan of WMMA. I'd rather watch bumfights.

She trains with Matt Riddle

7.gif

She has perfected it

I was disappointed in that fight, to say the least. It felt like Rin Nakai's kicks. Whiff.

They can't all be good. Look at the other not so good fights on the card...Smith over The Giggler, McGee over Lexington Steele, Leites backpack over Camozzi's neck...

There are bad fights in the male divisions as well, man. No need for you to stop defending WMMA just because of last night.

When your opponent circles and backpedals at warp speed with no intention of engaging for 90% of the fight, it's hard to land much. She would have been better served to simply not throw as much and conserve her energy, perhaps, but I think maybe a lot of what she threw was to make an impression on the judges in the sense of "hey, I showed up to fight...my opponent is running away from me".

That has to be one of the most embarrasing records in the UFC ever. She landed 17 out of 251 strikes (and every landed strike was counted significant). I have often defended WMMA here, but that fight was just hard to watch. Have any reporter asked her about this? I have been a fan of hers but now I feel like she should almost apologize for her fans, there is no excuses to fight like that. She had to know her punches were way out of range (most of the time over 10 inches short) but she still didnt do anything to close the distance more. She had to know, no-one can have a fight IQ like that, right? What a disgrace.

It was good footwork by Taylor but Taylor was not active enough to outscore Moroz.

Nothing embarrassing about it. Taylor just needed to engage more as you heard from Herb Dean multiple times.

It was good footwork by Taylor but Taylor was not active enough to outscore Moroz.

Nothing embarrassing about it. Taylor just needed to engage more as you heard from Herb Dean multiple times.

They both landed 17 strikes and Taylor had almost triple the accuracy % than Moroz. Just because Moroz kept punching in the air way out of the range where her punches would have had a chance of landing doesnt mean Moroz was engaging more than Taylor.

I was disappointed in that fight, to say the least. It felt like Rin Nakai's kicks. Whiff.

They can't all be good. Look at the other not so good fights on the card...Smith over The Giggler, McGee over Lexington Steele, Leites backpack over Camozzi's neck...

<24>

Yea but she was way better looking. That swayed the judges whether you want to admit it or not.

Don't watch it and don't make threads on them. It'll go away.

I'd expect a better hit percentage if she fought in a pitch black octagon.

While blindfolded.

With a welder's goggles on top.

There are bad fights in the male divisions as well, man. No need for you to stop defending WMMA just because of last night.

Shut the hell up.

17 for 250? 3 round decision no takedowns ?

Doubt thats ever happened in any mens weightclass

Back