Mark Hunt is training with 6'7' Gigante in order to prepare for Struve

And yet struve is still like half a foot taller than Gigante lol.

Good! Pulling for Hunt

Hunt cant be ko'd struve wins on the ground via sub or gets destroyed K1 standup vs a Dutch overated kickboxer

Smart move by Hunt. I don't think he's counting on submitting Struve, but more likely training to defend himself against Struve's submissions. Hunt via KO!

I'd actually think Big Country has the better chin. Nelson never got KO'd by a middleweight. In fact, he's never gotten KO'd period. The Arlovski fight was an early stoppage.

Short and stacked guys like Melvin posses the leverage and explosiveness to produce a real KO power. Watch Tyson.
Plus there is a big difference if you're moving forward when get hit. Thats what happened to Hunt- he got caught on the way in with a very technical punch right on the button. I'm sure that ind of punch can put anyone out.
Whereas its proven that not many ppl can take a LHK from Cro Cop to the head and keep on coming

Great to see Hunt is preparing very seriously, Hunt by KO.

Shrugs. Struve training with Mousasi (LHW, future MW) and Manhoef (MW). One subbed Hunt within a minute and a half the other KO-ed him within 18 seconds. :)

Wait can't he train with that Tyson guy calling out Cain? He's 6'9 and "the best HW in the world", right?

Whats the point? He's training sub defence against a guy Struves size, bringing in a boxer with no BJJ would be be pointless, we all know Hunt can outstrike Struve already, its the ground game he needs to work on.

Love both these guys but there are only three possible outcomes:

1.) Hunto by brutal KO.

2.) Struve by submission

3.) Struve by decision due to far superior cardio.

Have to give the betting edge to Struve but another highlight reel KO from Hunto would be fine by me. :)

I don't think Struves cardio will be that superior, only time Hunt has hard a hard time was when he fought in Denver and he looked like the best heavyweight out of the 4 guys there who looked much better conditioned than him...even when he balooned to 300lb in pride he's cardio was never a huge issue.

I'd actually think Big Country has the better chin. Nelson never got KO'd by a middleweight. In fact, he's never gotten KO'd period. The Arlovski fight was an early stoppage.

Nelson also hasn't had even half as many fights as Hunt, its bound to happen even with a great chin when you've had 60 pro fights across boxing, kick boxing and MMA.

This.

I'm 6'7" on real world measurements (6'6 and 3/4ths" if you want to get real precise) and I've stood next to Stefan Struve before in real life and he is not very much taller tahn me. I would say, at absolute tallest, he is 6'9".

I think that the real question that needs to be asked here is: Do you even lift, brah?

Back to topic, I hope Hunt is coming back strong and wins this. I want to see more Hunt!

0.jpg

Damn, I thought this was Joe Lauzon staring down BJ Penn at first. Then I realized they never fought.

To all the people here. Why the hell would they lie about his length? No seriously. You think they would measure him poorly. Dude has only fought 12 fights in the UFC.

In all honesty I don't think the UFC lies about these things. I remember the Overeem at strikeforce having a reach of 82,5. Right now at the UFC it is 80. Either Reem is shrinking or they for the first time measured him right.

To all the people here. Why the hell would they lie about his length? No seriously. You think they would measure him poorly. Dude has only fought 12 fights in the UFC.

In all honesty I don't think the UFC lies about these things. I remember the Overeem at strikeforce having a reach of 82,5. Right now at the UFC it is 80. Either Reem is shrinking or they for the first time measured him right.

Because having a 6'11 fighter impresses people, its also good to make fighters seem as big as possible to the general public. 6'11 Struve is more impressive than 6'9 Struve.

Because having a 6'11 fighter impresses people, its also good to make fighters seem as big as possible to the general public. 6'11 Struve is more impressive than 6'9 Struve.
Well they measured him again just before his last fight again Miocic. Right now he is 7 ft 0 (2.13m) and his reach is 84.5 (215cm). So not only have they changed they also made him even bigger with more reach...

For real you think they would lie about 3 inches in favor of Struve? Anyway, this is the first time I hear about this.

The UFC always exaggerates height. Well, not just the UFC, nearly everyone in sports and showbiz. I've heard numerous people say how short most of these guys look like in real life. Of course, some probably say their real height. Frank Trigg's 5'8", probably his real height, and he was taller than Hughes(who's apparently 5'9'') and as tall as GSP(who's apparently 5'10'')

I doubt that Struve is above 6'9''. And Travis Browne is definitely not 6'7'', he was barely taller than Bigfoot.

Back