Mark Hunt is training with 6'7' Gigante in order to prepare for Struve

Great for hunto. Mark should be able to land on the feet, seeing as how Barry was lighting Struve up. However Stefan has improved everywhere including striking so it might be a little more competitive. On the ground it's not even a contest and hunt is very smart for brining in a guy like this. Even though it would be awesome to see mark win and I do think it will be closer, Struve will most likely still win by sub.

Hunt could loose a decision.
I don't see Struve grinding punches for judges approuval.
This is gonna be good.

Wait can't he train with that Tyson guy calling out Cain? He's 6'9 and "the best HW in the world", right?

Hunt taking things seriously. This will not end well for Struve's chin.

Also, fwiw, I've stood next to Struve before, and he is not 6'11".

How tall would you say he is? He looks pretty gigantic to me.

roy-nelson-stefan-struve.JPG

Considering Travis Browne is 6"7, Struves not even stood up straight and has a good few inches on him.

0.jpg

not even big enough

To be fair he's 6'7' based on real world measurements.

If he was in the UFC he'd be about 7'5' give or take a few inches he might cut on a given night.

Love both these guys but there are only three possible outcomes:

1.) Hunto by brutal KO.

2.) Struve by submission

3.) Struve by decision due to far superior cardio.

Have to give the betting edge to Struve but another highlight reel KO from Hunto would be fine by me. :)

Struve has some of the worst fight IQ I've seen. He still hasn't learned how to use his reach and ends up getting into exchanges where guys tag him. He literally could just teep people all day if he wanted.

I think Hunt takes this with ease.

Like Skyscraper, but I think Hunt puts him out with a monster KO late in the first round.

Struve has some of the worst fight IQ I've seen. He still hasn't learned how to use his reach and ends up getting into exchanges where guys tag him. He literally could just teep people all day if he wanted.

I think Hunt takes this with ease.

this guy, this guy knows what's up. i'd like to see hunt take it, though if i were a betting man i wouldn't be placing money on this one.

He's prepping for Tyson Fury? Oh, Struve...

This is a great fight. I hope Hunt takes it seriously (which, thus far in his UFC run he seems to be). Gigante is a beast on the mat and a good training partner. Struve will be trouble for any fighter, however, he mainly gains his subs by first of all damaging his opponents through his knees etc. This may not work against Hunt who is a far more experienced and powerful striker with the equal greatest HW chin in the promotion (Nelson being the other). I see Hunt winning this via KO or through his own mistake losing via arm bar.

Great match up! If Hunt wins lets see him vs Nelson!

Hunt just needs sub defense. Struve will be hurt standing.

This is a great fight. I hope Hunt takes it seriously (which, thus far in his UFC run he seems to be). Gigante is a beast on the mat and a good training partner. Struve will be trouble for any fighter, however, he mainly gains his subs by first of all damaging his opponents through his knees etc. This may not work against Hunt who is a far more experienced and powerful striker with the equal greatest HW chin in the promotion (Nelson being the other). I see Hunt winning this via KO or through his own mistake losing via arm bar.

Great match up! If Hunt wins lets see him vs Nelson!

*Sigh* you make me think how much better Hunt/JDS would have been than Mir/JDS....maybe we will still get to see it

Fan of both but wanting Hunt to win this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back