Mark Hunt is training with 6'7' Gigante in order to prepare for Struve

The UFC always exaggerates height. Well, not just the UFC, nearly everyone in sports and showbiz. I've heard numerous people say how short most of these guys look like in real life. Of course, some probably say their real height. Frank Trigg's 5'8", probably his real height, and he was taller than Hughes(who's apparently 5'9'') and as tall as GSP(who's apparently 5'10'')

I doubt that Struve is above 6'9''. And Travis Browne is definitely not 6'7'', he was barely taller than Bigfoot.
I wouldn't know. But if so I think that would just be stupid. But if that's the case it's not just Struve. And if they wanted to keep up the Reem hype wouldn't they keep his reach at 82,5 instead of moving it to 80? I remember being shocked after 2,5 inches were cut off of his reach. ;)

Well they measured him again just before his last fight again Miocic. Right now he is 7 ft 0 (2.13m) and his reach is 84.5 (215cm). So not only have they changed they also made him even bigger with more reach...

For real you think they would lie about 3 inches in favor of Struve? Anyway, this is the first time I hear about this.

Its not just the UFC, Hollywood, boxing, kick boxing, Pro wrestling all regularly lie about height. It makes guys seem more impressive if they're 6'3 250 pounds instead of 6'0 250 pounds. Alot of fully grown men seem to fluctuate height like crazy in sports/entertainment.

Its not just the UFC, Hollywood, boxing, kick boxing, Pro wrestling all regularly lie about height. It makes guys seem more impressive if they're 6'3 250 pounds instead of 6'0 250 pounds. Alot of fully grown men seem to fluctuate height like crazy in sports/entertainment.

Hmmm maybe. For the first time I am curious to see what Struve's passport is saying. Anyway, it's not like it's super relevant. In almost every fight Struve has a height and reach advantage. Lying about 1 or 2 inches is stupid but whatever. If it's true what you people are saying. :wink:

Anyway. This is the first time I hear people question about Stefan's height. Never heard that complaint before. It did strike me odd the UFC is now saying he's 7 feet 0 and he also has more reach 84,5. But whatever.

Hmmm remember my passport saying I was 1.90m while it's obvious I'm no bigger than 1.88. So that's not always accurate either. Depends on the shoes you're wearing. ;)

How tall would you say he is? He looks pretty gigantic to me.

roy-nelson-stefan-struve.JPG

Considering Travis Browne is 6"7, Struves not even stood up straight and has a good few inches on him.

0.jpg

Roy's like 5'10'

LOL you seriously believe Travis Browne is 6'7'....WTF? You don't still believe Shane Carwin is 6'5 do you? Imagine that real life 7 foot Struve standing next to that massive 6'5' Carwin. It would probably look similar to a 6'9' man standing next to a 6'2' man.

I wouldn't know. But if so I think that would just be stupid. But if that's the case it's not just Struve. And if they wanted to keep up the Reem hype wouldn't they keep his reach at 82,5 instead of moving it to 80? I remember being shocked after 2,5 inches were cut off of his reach. ;)

Meh with Reem all that matters is his striking skills are legit for them to hype up and he has his badass looking physique. No one cares about numbers for a guy like that.

I wouldn't know. But if so I think that would just be stupid. But if that's the case it's not just Struve. And if they wanted to keep up the Reem hype wouldn't they keep his reach at 82,5 instead of moving it to 80? I remember being shocked after 2,5 inches were taken off of his reach. ;)

I have no idea, maybe when Overeem failed the test they were like "Oh yeah? Well we're taking 2.5 inches of your reach...bitch!"

However, the most obvious and blatant lying was marketing Carwin as 6'5'' even though he's not even 6'2''.

t6xpgn_jpg_22.jpg

Mir is also probably not 6'3'' cause he was shorter than JDS and maybe an inch taller than Cro Cop.

Cro Cop is also listed at 6'2'' even though he's 6'1'' at most, 6'0'' is more like it. I did meet him once and no way is he 6'2'', I'm 5'10'' and he wasn't that much taller than me.

Also, Jake Ellenberger is listed at 6'0'' just like Jake Shields and well...

1114.jpg

I have no idea, maybe when Overeem failed the test they were like "Oh yeah? Well we're taking 2.5 inches of your reach...bitch!"

However, the most obvious and blatant lying was marketing Carwin as 6'5'' even though he's not even 6'2''.

t6xpgn_jpg_22.jpg

Mir is also probably not 6'3'' cause he was shorter than JDS and maybe an inch taller than Cro Cop.

Cro Cop is also listed at 6'2'' even though he's 6'1'' at most, 6'0'' is more like it. I did meet him once and no way is he 6'2'', I'm 5'10'' and he wasn't that much taller than me.

Also, Jake Ellenberger is listed at 6'0'' just like Jake Shields and well...

1114.jpg
They changed Carwin to 6 ft 2 now though. Shrugs, I don't know.

You might be right. Struve's length really never interested up untill now. Just because now I want to know if he's actually 6 foot 11. lol.

Just saw some pics of Travis Brown and Antonio Silva. It's obvious Travis Brown has a few inches on him. Struve has a few inches on Travis Brown. So I'd say he's at least 6 foot 9.

They changed Carwin to 6 ft 2 now though. Shrugs, I don't know.

You might be right. Struve's length really never interested up untill now. Just because now I want to know if he's actually 6 foot 11. lol.

Just saw some pics of Travis Brown and Antonio Silva. It's obvious Travis Brown has a few inches on him. Struve has a few inches on Travis Brown. So I'd say he's at least 6 foot 9.

Kongo is 6'3''

26_UFC120_Kongo_v_Browne.jpg

Browne's maybe 6'3.5'', 6'4'' at most. Struve probably is 6'8'', 6'9'' at most.

LOL, I just got a new passion, I'm gonna start measuring people's heights.

Its always funny when someone billed as being taller than their opponent stands next to them and turns out to be shorter.

^^
Why Kongo is 6'3 ? Kongo is 6'4

Browne is somehere near 6'5

That is correct. Thank you, sir.

Just saw a Dutch interview with Struve from last friday. He acknowledged he was 2.12m. Would he himself lie about that shit? Struve is many things but he doesn't strike me as a liar.

The only thing Hunt needs to practice is left jab, jab, jab, Big Country OVERHAND RIGHT and that's a wrap for Struve.

Honestly I really don't care who wins this one because I am a big fan of both...

Kongo is 6'3''

26_UFC120_Kongo_v_Browne.jpg

Browne's maybe 6'3.5'', 6'4'' at most. Struve probably is 6'8'', 6'9'' at most.

LOL, I just got a new passion, I'm gonna start measuring people's heights.

Shoes

I'd actually think Big Country has the better chin. Nelson never got KO'd by a middleweight. In fact, he's never gotten KO'd period. The Arlovski fight was an early stoppage.

Melvin Manhoef has more power than almost every MMA fighter in the world. That KO proves how hard he hits.

Back