Marc Goddard is terrible.

I must be dumb, he strikes me as one of the better refs

He's excellent were it not for the fact he keeps ending fights before they come to their natural conclusion! (separation of conciousness). Even allowing for fighter safety, he tends to jump in.
I couldn't give a shit about his social media presence.
If he did call out the wheelchair bound MMAguru then that's pretty lame.

View attachment 1033640

The """piece of glass""" <LikeReally5>
Have you ever had a splinter before? Wood, metal, glass it only has to be the size of a match head and it hurts like fuck especially in a toe with the nerve endings. Perfectly reasonable to be like "you bushleague cunts with your bodge cage can at least let me stop and pull this shit out and then I'll continue".

What the hell was that? He had a splinter in his toe and quit? Why didn’t they fight? Just saw the vid about the stoppage and they just stared at each others lol

Doumbe quit because he wasn't fighting an undersized can. This is one of Goddard's good calls.

I've witnessed Marc Goddard ruin a few title fights by stopping them prematurely such as Colby Usman 1, Periera vs Adesanya 1, Periera vs Jiri, and now he stops the Cedric Doumbe fight after he stepped on glass inside the octagon. This ref is a serious problem and there's only going to be more problems going forward especially in title fights Marc Goddard has proven he CAN NOT BE TRUSTED in high stress situations.

Been saying this for years.
The guy interjects himself into the fight too much.
Makes about "his authority" more than the fight itself.

Have you ever had a splinter before? Wood, metal, glass it only has to be the size of a match head and it hurts like fuck especially in a toe with the nerve endings. Perfectly reasonable to be like "you bushleague cunts with your bodge cage can at least let me stop and pull this shit out and then I'll continue".

Dude getting glass in your foot is hell. For the most part, the smaller it is the worse it is because it easily gets into the muscle and starts slicing up the muscles as you move
Are you blind ? it's a splinter. And leg kicks hurt too...

There isn't a function for the ref to pause the fight to call the doctor to come in and remove glass. The only thing that is supposed to pause for is an immediate check if someone can continue. There are no time out, and fighters especially can't call them. That fight WAS over, whether you idiots want to cry about it or not. The only difference is the loss vs a genuine no contest, because how the fuck does a fight go on with broken glass in the cage? But if they pulled glass out of his foot after, then it should be overturned, but that doesn't mean Marc should have done anything different.

So when a guy gets a cut the ref shouldn't call in the doctor sir?
A guy doesn't get a timeout for getting kicked in the dick?

Its at the refs discretion, and it was at his discretion to make the call to see what was wrong here tbh.

Goddard a top notch referee imo ….hes a bit of an attention whore ….but overall he does good job

So what you don't seem to be taking into consideration is that an open cut on the foot, walking on a canvas that has had multiple feet, blood, sweat and spit on it is a breeding ground for infection. If Doumbe ended up losing his foot to fucking staff or catching hep c you'd be crying.

So what you don't seem to be taking into consideration is that an open cut on the foot, walking on a canvas that has had multiple feet, blood, sweat and spit on it is a breeding ground for infection. If Doumbe ended up losing his foot to fucking staff or catching hep c you'd be crying.

That has nothing to do with it. Fighters get cut all the time and have their faces rubbed across the mat.

I've witnessed Marc Goddard ruin a few title fights by stopping them prematurely such as Colby Usman 1, Periera vs Adesanya 1, Periera vs Jiri, and now he stops the Cedric Doumbe fight after he stepped on glass inside the octagon. This ref is a serious problem and there's only going to be more problems going forward especially in title fights Marc Goddard has proven he CAN NOT BE TRUSTED in high stress situations.

So fight him then..... Or stop complaining.....

Goddard is one of my favorite refs. They all make mistakes, but nobody is perfect, and he has saved many a fighter from serious injury.

Back