Marc Goddard is terrible.

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've witnessed Marc Goddard ruin a few title fights by stopping them prematurely such as Colby Usman 1, Periera vs Adesanya 1, Periera vs Jiri, and now he stops the Cedric Doumbe fight after he stepped on glass inside the octagon. This ref is a serious problem and there's only going to be more problems going forward especially in title fights Marc Goddard has proven he CAN NOT BE TRUSTED in high stress situations.

He always tries to make it about himself, constantly trying to act tough to the fighter complaining about something cause he wants to feel powerful. Narcissistic personality, not enough to get diagnosed but enough to go on a podcast and call out a fat ginger guy (mma guru) multiple times for daring to disagree with you

Yeh, he jumps the gun a bit like in those fights you mentioned. All of them needed a couple extra shots before he should have stepped in.

The Doumbe fight fuck up was really bad. Glass in the ring is a ring malfunction, not a fault of Doumbe's.

Doumbe tried to explain it to him, then Baki clearly understood and told Doumbe to just pull it out. Then just because Baki says "he's not fighting" Goddard immediately stops it. Just stupid as fuck.

It's not like Doumbe was the only one standing there doing nothing. Baki was doing fuck all at that point also.

Yeah, he really messed up that Doumbe fight... Right when it was finally getting interesting. I wouldn't have seen anything wrong with takin' whatever Doumbe had in his foot, out. It clearly hindered him, it obviously wasn't there the whole fight and it was definitely premature. And stepping on that $h1t really shouldn't be occurring during a fight. That wasn't Doumbe's fault, that was dumb.

Last edited:
There isn't a function for the ref to pause the fight to call the doctor to come in and remove glass. The only thing that is supposed to pause for is an immediate check if someone can continue. There are no time out, and fighters especially can't call them. That fight WAS over, whether you idiots want to cry about it or not. The only difference is the loss vs a genuine no contest, because how the fuck does a fight go on with broken glass in the cage? But if they pulled glass out of his foot after, then it should be overturned, but that doesn't mean Marc should have done anything different.

Goddard has always been a terrible ref. First off, dude always makes all the fights about him. The best refs, you don't even know they are there. But you always know Goddard is there and Goddard makes damn sure you know it. I think Goddard rolled out of prison oneday and said "you know what? I think I'll be a cunt fuck ref for MMA." And then Goddard did it!

EDIT: Just saw the stoppage and god how can any of you fucks defend that POS goddard?

Yeh, he jumps the gun a bit like in those fights you mentioned. All of them needed a couple extra shots before he should have stepped in.

The Doumbe fight fuck up was really bad. Glass in the ring is a ring malfunction, not a fault of Doumbe's.

Doumbe tried to explain it to him, then Baki clearly understood and told Doumbe to just pull it out. Then just because Baki says "he's not fighting" Goddard immediately stops it. Just stupid as fuck.

It's not like Doumbe was the only one standing there doing nothing. Baki was doing fuck all at that point also.
Did you even watched the fight? It was a small splinter...Nothing to say here, Doumbe quitted

He did it again? lol
Dee tings darnt happen bee accident!

I like Goddard but yeah, he does have a tendenchy to stop fights prematurely (he'd probably argue that it was the right time rather than a fighter getting another shot in). I prefer another shot as it happens, you know just to be sure!!!!

Having brains and explaining the very thing I explained before you drooled across your keyboard, ya dumb bastard
Yeah but who the fuck are you? I don't come into these threads and read the little kiddy replies which is why I obviously ignored whatever bs you was saying.

Yeah but who the fuck are you? I don't come into these threads and read the little kiddy replies which is why I obviously ignored whatever bs you was saying.
If you don't know how fights work, you can't complain about how they get stopped. Ironic for you to call anything kiddy when you're just admittedly emotionally replying to a topic without reading. Try it, you might learn something some time.

Back