Media Magomed Ankalaev Interview: Alex Pereira is "OVERRATED" - "Cannot Move To HW Before Facing ME"

How can you say a guy who is 29-10 and just lost his last fight to Pereira has just as good a claim as a guy that is 18-1-1? Jan is a great fighter but Uncle Aye-yev hasn't fought Alex yet. To add to that Alex hasn't beaten anyone that is a top notch TD threat. Alex beat Hill and Jan (I would like to see Jan vs Alex again not at altitude) so IMO Alex deserves the chance to show he can beat a different style that is the biggest threat to him.
Alex is 37 he's got maybe 2 years at most in him at prime level he doesn't need to fight folks only hardcores care about unless he loses . He should fight J Jones - chances at a true Mega fight shouldn't be wasted as they don't happen alot. So many we never got GSP Andy, Andy v Bones , Bones v Ngannou . This is one that actually can happen as Bones seems receptive to it. the most must see fighter vs the biggest name you do not waste this but the bald goof likely will.

Alex is 37 he's got maybe 2 years at most in him at prime level he doesn't need to fight folks only hardcores care about unless he loses . He should fight J Jones - chances at a true Mega fight shouldn't be wasted as they don't happen alot. So many we never got GSP Andy, Andy v Bones , Bones v Ngannou . This is one that actually can happen as Bones seems receptive to it. the most must see fighter vs the biggest name you do not waste this but the bald goof likely will.
Yeah I don't know why the goof doesn't just book this... both Jones and Alex will be retired soon anyways. This would sell more than Jones vs Stipe.

Good Christian Man Jon vs Dark Magician Alex

Alex’s standup is overrated?

Yeah you are talking from a business point of view. I don't understand why fans of a sport go on about business. If money is what you want to see made then watch Warren Buffet or something.

Alex is not going to win a fight against Jon at HW. I would love to see it at LHW but there is no reason to believe Alex beats anyone who can actually take him down. He isn't a great MW. He isn't a great at LHW. He has no accomplishments worthy of going to another division.

Fuck it all and lets book LA vs NY for the Superbowl right now! It would do the most business so why not.

Back