Media Magomed Ankalaev Interview: Alex Pereira is "OVERRATED" - "Cannot Move To HW Before Facing ME"

I think he's young and improving maybe he hits his stride in his next 2 fights

He has pulled out of two fights now from memory in a couple month period. Hopefully it's not a sign of anything.
Don't get me wrong I would love for him to do well because it livens up the division a bit, but the guy got into a 50/50 brawl in his last fight and came out on top.
It's hard to look past his UFC debut for me still as he hasn't really shown much else since against decent comp.

Krylov, volkov, santos, jan, Smith….

Ank has a strong resume. You’re just being a hater.

he deserves a title shot.

Jiri got a title shot after only beating volkan and reyes

Alex got a title shot after only beating strickland
Volkan, not Volkov.
Volkan is the guy who just saved himself from going out of the top 15 by beating Johnny Walker in his last fight. Volkan also has a win over Paul Craig and Rakic. Volkov just beat Pavlov at HW whilst getting his hair combed.

I have a feeling they'll make Ankalaev vs Hill and Pereira vs Rountree. You heard it here first.

I have a feeling they'll make Ankalaev vs Hill and Pereira vs Rountree. You heard it here first.

Lol there's no way UFC could justify leaping Rountree to the front of the line. Rountree vs either Hill or Blachowicz makes sense though if they want to put him in a title fight any time soon.

How many fighters with a serious ground game has Pereira fought?? - Jan Blachowicz!!!???

I'd like to see what happens when Pereira finally fights someone with a ground game that actually can and will apply it.
When ankalaev faced first guy with any kind of bjj he panicked and tapped one second left finald round.

Ok Ank, nice words. Next time you are offerred this contract, take it on the spot. Dont say you want to fight 7 months later in Abu Dhabi cause the champ wont wait

How else is he going to do illegal shit to recover faster after weight cuts etc.

Of course and is deserving and make sense

But Alex stepping up time and time again would warrant him getting a hw shot if he wants it

Ok Ank, nice words. Next time you are offerred this contract, take it on the spot. Dont say you want to fight 7 months later in Abu Dhabi cause the champ wont wait
So true - challengers can’t pass up the opportunity

I agree with Magomed about Alex being overrated and that Magomed will win.

With that said, Alex isn't the ducking type. He will fight anybody and that's another reason he's beloved. I think he is just waiting to see what the UFC wants from him.

Ankalaev isn't in a position where he can dictate the terms - Pereira is a superstar now and Ank is a neckbeard who's best win is Johnny Walker and Anthony fucking Smith LMAO. You fight the champ when it suits him or don't fight at all and cry to your friend, a POS war criminal Khadyrov.

They would have already fought if Ankalev wasn't trying to demand it be on his schedule, I agree they need to fight next but Ank needs to step the fuck up and fight when Alex wants it and not try to talk shit and set dates that work best for him.

Ankle-biter is a little delirious when it comes to the Champion in his weight class. Mags ain't an exciting fighter.

The question is can the UFC make money out of this fight? Because it seems like Jones and Poatan are already in the talks and I read they were already in the discussion about their fight.

If there is something bigger to happen it would be Jones and Poatan but if Anka can be booked in Saudi with big pay, why not. It wouldn't bother Poatan loses all the guy wants is to make money. He lost several times in his career.

imagine how shitty that press conference would be

fat reporter: hey question for both fighters. it seems that people think ankalaev is the favorite in this fight based on the grappling. give me your thoughts on that.

*translate english to portugeuse for alex*
alex speaks
*translate back to english*
*translate convo to russian for magomed*
magomed speaks.

Back