Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

frettish said:
That's pretty interesting about the loose skin. I was under the impression it was a real problem because I've seen photos...
There's a point where your skin will tighten up though. If you've passed the point, it's too late. But I'm not sure if you passed the point yet. Also if the weight loss is more gradual, then the skin might be able to recover.

but in a lot of cases of extreme weight loss, losing more body fat/gaining lean mass cannot help. For an example, this guy (that's a picture of a guy who lost some 400 pounds and still has all the skin). I don't care if this guy cuts his body fat to 8% and becomes 250 pounds of nice lean muscle. he's not going to look right unless he gets the body lift.

I noticed the pictures I took lined up pretty well and made an animated gif just for the hell of it.

I think it's kind of funny.

haha7pz.gif

Can't wait to make another one after I've lost another 50.

frettish said:
I noticed the pictures I took lined up pretty well and made an animated gif just for the hell of it.

I think it's kind of funny.

haha7pz.gif

Can't wait to make another one after I've lost another 50.
You really notice the difference with that gif! Keep up the good work.

Great job man I recently have gone from about 320 to about 270 in the past 4-5 months you're doing great if you start weight training with that diet and cardio you will be an unstopable machine. The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn even when you are not doing anything. Also the weight training will help pick up your skin esp. now before you lose all the weight you want (tanning helps the skin too). Just some thoughts your doing great thought you should know your brothers in the struggle are behind you.

I've lost 28lbs in about 8 weeks. I started off at 217 at the second week of January/06 and have now gone down to 189. My doctor told me I had slightly high chlosetorol and I am only 27.

The diet he recommended was the GI Diet http://www.gidiet.com

My Daily Regiment:

- 7:30am Breakfast - Protein shake (with flax seed oil, skim milk, oatmeal, fat free yogurt and fruit.)
- 10am - Fruit - either an apple or Pear
- Noon - Lunch - according to the GI Diet Plan
- 3pm - Handful of raw almonds or fruit again
- 6pm - Dinner according to the GI Diet, but I usually limit carbs
- 7:30 - Cardio for 30 to 60 minutes. Heart zone training (65% of max heart rate)
- 9pm - same shake as breakfast minus the oatmeal

I was 21% body fat when I started and am now 15.9%

Anyone know of other MMA fighters daily workout or diet?

Good job! Stay with it. I too have had my fight with fat. I was my heaviest a year ago. 260lbs. I'm at 189 now. It took a solid year. I started training hard a year ago. Up until then, I just trained half-ass. I train BJJ 3 days a week lift weights twice a week and run 3-4miles a day. I also watch my calorie intake.

Keep with it and never give up.

Quick update since I am walking out the door to go out (to the bar! im taking it easy tonight though...)

Broke 250 this week.... 247... so 93lbs total. Weight's been coming off slow these last few months but I'm not slowing down. (Looking back, 247 was actually my Feb 25th goal, so I am a good 3 weeks behind, and a few months behind the original goals I set when I started.)

I've also started lifting 3x week on top of my cardio, so I assume I am gaining a little bit of muscle too now in my upper body... (my lower body is pretty tight already.. my calves are rocks. haha.)

Good job man, nice to see you're progressing well on your weightloss regiment.

start lifting weights and not concentrate on weight loss too much, the more muscle you have the easier fats are burned, muscle weighs more than fat too so dont worry again about weight too much.

Skeletor said:
I've lost 28lbs in about 8 weeks. I started off at 217 at the second week of January/06 and have now gone down to 189. My doctor told me I had slightly high chlosetorol and I am only 27.

The diet he recommended was the GI Diet http://www.gidiet.com

My Daily Regiment:

- 7:30am Breakfast - Protein shake (with flax seed oil, skim milk, oatmeal, fat free yogurt and fruit.)
- 10am - Fruit - either an apple or Pear
- Noon - Lunch - according to the GI Diet Plan
- 3pm - Handful of raw almonds or fruit again
- 6pm - Dinner according to the GI Diet, but I usually limit carbs
- 7:30 - Cardio for 30 to 60 minutes. Heart zone training (65% of max heart rate)
- 9pm - same shake as breakfast minus the oatmeal

I was 21% body fat when I started and am now 15.9%

Anyone know of other MMA fighters daily workout or diet?

im pretty sure 100% of them dont do any of those fad diet plans :)

nothing can replace eating clean and excercise.....

good job frettish.

LiverpoolJim said:
start lifting weights and not concentrate on weight loss too much, the more muscle you have the easier fats are burned, muscle weighs more than fat too so dont worry again about weight too much.

A full body workout will burn off more as well versus a split routine. Don't forget your squats and deadlifts...so important and great.

Wow, great job Fret. Especially like the Gif. That's pretty cool.

Well, the happy news is that today I hit a major plateau...

-100lbs!!!

So I am 240 now.

On the other hand, it took me about 3 months longer than I was aiming for. It's been coming off quite slow lately.

And on the other hand of that, I could still be 340 right now... so I can't bum myself out too bad. :)

Congrats Fret! Way to keep at it. 240...getting closer and closer to the goal.

How is the weightlifting going? Adding that muscle mass will burn fat even when you are doing nothing :) Keep in mind that if you do start adding muscle, your weight loss will slow down because muscle weighs more than fat. But your overall bf% will improve.

Weight lifting is coming along I suppose. Taking it slow since I haven't lifted in years. Just basically circuit training 3 times per week. I've only been doing it for a month or so but I can already tell I am getting stronger. I figure I will do this for another two months and then go into a more detailed and intense lifting regimen... but for now, just trying to hit all the muscle groups with high reps to get them back up to snuff before I start killing myself.

Great job man, that is awsome. I wish i had the dedication that you do, im not over weight but i really want to add some muscle. I just am too lazy after training 6hrs a week and going to school full time. I need someone to kick me in the ass or something. ANyway, way to go man.

A little update:

As of May 1st I was 233lbs. So, -107lbs total.

However, I've taken the last two weeks off from training. I needed another break. Plus, I think my body was getting used to my training/diet and I wanted to switch things up so I can "shock" it when I start things back up tomorrow. (Don't know if there's any hard science behind that logic, but I guess I needed a break anyway.)

Didn't get as many "cheat meals" in during my little break as I planned on other than a few times I ate out -- though still made relatively healthy choices when dining out. I did, however, taste my first bite of ice cream since June of 2005. I even got a bean burrito from Taco Bell. Again, my first in about a year. Oh, and I drank about 5 times in those two weeks as well.

So, I have 13 lbs to lose in 6 weeks to lose 120lbs in 12 months. (Assuming I am still 233 and didn't gain any weight over the last 2 weeks... which I am preparing myself to see an increase of a few pounds.) So, about 15lbs in 6 weeks. That should be relatively easy.

I really wanted to lose 155lbs in 12 months, but I have ended up taking a total of about a month and a half off if you add up all the time I've given myself a break over the last year.

I went shopping today and I couldn't believe I was trying on 36 waist jeans. Some of them even fit. :)

Back