Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

I know how hard it is to lose weight from being that big. I weighed 320 at the end of january and now weigh 288, at first that doesn't seem that great but i am lifting weights heavily and so i am putting on muscle at the same time. I went from benching 80 lbs. for a max of ten to 200 for a max of ten in that time, and major improvements in all my other lifts. My goal wieght it 210-225 at 6 ' 1'' i figure with all the muscle i have that should be good. It was hard because for 5 weeks i lost 0 pounds but in that time i lost 4 inches off my waist. I figure i have lost 40 or so pounds counting the muscle i have added. Sorry for the lengthy post i just read through the thread and was sinspired to post. Great job. I am right behind you slowly lol.

good job stick with it I am down from 210 to 160 in 8 months but I have also added a lot of mucsel stick with it

Here's an overdue update (had to change my username because I forgot my password and the lost password function wasn't working for me.)

Well, I am still fairly active, though moreso just recently.

I got a new job and have not lifted weights in 7 months. From Jan-April, I was playing hockey 4 times per week. April-July I played once a week, and my diet wasn't nearly as good as it used to be... However, I still didn't really gain much weight.

I bounced around from 185-195 during that time.

Recently I've started running again on a consistant basis as well as started playing hockey more often. I've tightened up my diet considerably... but here's the shitty part...

I had to start a medication that was making it impossible to lose weight. In fact, despite the running and a stricter diet, I actually gained weight.

I got up to 205lbs... Lost 5 of it in the last few weeks because I have been working extra hard and not cheating much at all.... but it was probably the toughest 5lbs I've lost so far out of the 150 or so I've lost total.

I finally decided I really need to re-jump-start this shit, so I called my doctor today to see if I can discontinue the meds for awhile.

I've started an ECA stack and that has helped immensely with my appetite.

As you can see from the pictures a page or two back, my body is looking a lot better than it used to, however, I desperately want to get rid of that last ring of flab that resides around my lower abdomen.

It is sometimes frustrating to come this far and not be able to "finish it off"; blue balls of a different kind.

On the other hand, sometimes I think... well, fuck, I used to weigh almost 350lbs and I get to sleep with a super cute girl with a bangin body 5 nights a week, so life isn't as bad as it could of been if I hadn't made that decision to take control of my life two years ago. :)

In any event, I am ready to take this shit a little extreme over the next few months to bust off the last 25 or so lbs...

Whatever is left when I get down to 170-175 I am getting cut off by way of a tummy tuck. That may be pure vanity, but I want to feel comfortable at the beach or just being naked in general and fuck it, I lost this shit the hard way with diet and sweat, so I feel I deserve it. No gastric bypass surgery, no weight loss supps (until 2 days ago), etc.

I've read a many articles that says the skin around my belly should tighten up, I just need to get leaner, etc.... I just don't know if that's true. I think even at 160, which would look aneimic (6'1, med/large build), I would still have some sagging skin...

Well, ok, I guess we'll just see when I do finally get rid of it... maybe I won't need it.

In any event, the next few months I will be going full fucking force to get this over once and for all!

Nice...keep up the good work!

I'm trying to get down to 165 from 225. It's been about a month or so and I'm at about 208. My goal is to get to 185 by around April next year.

Just found this thread...Kudo's man. Getting my own ass back into shape: gained 60 lbs in 4 months, 40 of it pure fat (other was just underweight working my ass off / eating shitty).

GOOD fucking thread.

Sticky petition :D

If you hit a plateau with your weight loss just remember that where you were four short months ago. You don't wan to be back there. When I started my diet, the weight flew off and then after about three months (about where you are at) it stopped coming off. I had to force myself to stay on the diet because I knew that I did not want to be my old unhealthy self.

TTT

Great thread, definitely an inspiration to myself and others.

fucking well done mate

i'm trying to get down to about 190 from about 210 which seem so easy compared to what you did.

Almost six years later and I am sad to say that I got very sick over the last three years. I started to gain weight and training has been non existant. I had a major surgery that was not done properly and have been in and out of the hospital lots. In 2011 alone I spent 183 days hospitalzed (not all in conjunction, but off and on.) And about 50 days in 2012-2013.

Sadly, I am at 270 rt now. Finally cleared by doctors to begin regular training and have 90 lbs to make up.

Did it before, so there's no doubt I can do it again. Life threw me a few curve balls... but I know what it will take to re-do everything that's been undone. Everyone still says I look "good", but i mean, it's 90 lbs from where I was at my best. Not acceptable to me.

Giving myself to Dec 31st and will keep this going, using it as my own inspiration to reflect on what I had overcome before to lose 155 lbs.

Into the flood again... same old trip it was back then :)

Back