Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

I took some new pics. I am at 195 for -145 total.

July 2005 - 340lbs

[No pictures exist! If they did, I am sure they'd be frightening!]

Sep 2005 - 300lbs

13ux.jpg

24gs1.jpg

Feb 2006 - 260lbs

34dj.jpg

42xc.jpg

Oct 2006 - 195lbs

oct2006fk4.jpg

The area directly around my belly button still sucks, but I am getting definition in my shoulders and arms (not flexing in picture -- obviously :) ) and I am kind of happy with basically everything above and below that 3 inch wide belt of fat still around my "lower" waist area. People tell me all the time I look about 170-180 with clothes on, because I am tall and now have a slim profile. My face is also pretty thinned out. I am now comfortably wearing 34 waist jeans and my shirts are all medium and large. Yippie.

From here, I'd like to lose about 25lbs more... and then gain 20lbs of muscle, for a solid-as-fuck 190.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all of the kind words and encouragement.

this is a great thread, i have just started my regime and am currently 209lbs, i have lost 7 lbs so far, so i started at 216. ideally i want to get down to around 180, this makes for good motivational reading well done geezer

WOW, great job Frettish, you really inspire those big ppl, Great job man, you deserved what u accomplished.

Definitely awesome, I'm working on going from 220 to 175 (I'm 5' 10") so this is really inspirational for me.

I think this is the most popular thread in D&S ever.

Damn bro, you put Jared to shame. Good job man, once you get to your goal of a solid 190 they should put you in a subway commercial spiking Jared on his face or something.

Man, absolutely incredible. To think I was proud of losing thirty pounds. That's an amazing transformation.

congratulations man!

I'm slowly cutting weight as well (well, trying to burn off excess fat, I don't care if my weight stay constant, as long as I'm more muscular and not as fat) and this is quite the inspiration

Maleldil said:
Definitely awesome, I'm working on going from 220 to 175 (I'm 5' 10") so this is really inspirational for me.
I am 5ft 11 and I eat cereal, crisps/potato chips everyday plus i sit on my ass all day and I only weigh 168 pounds :redface:

Thanks everyone.

I must say, my training is still top notch and I am just not losing much weight anymore. I am down to 190 and it is coming off ohhhh so slow.

I am focusing a lot on lifting (though I still do a shit ton of cardio) and I can tell I am getting stronger, so even though the scale weight is becoming somewhat stagnant, I think my BF% may be improving slightly better... It is still kind of frustrating that I see others in the gym a good 30-40lbs less than me put up more weight than I can... but I know I lost a lot of muscle in this process and I am just happy I am making personal gains and I try not to let the fact that the little guys are out-lifting me get into my head too much.

Again, thanks everyone for the comments!

the_chosen_one1 said:
I am 5ft 11 and I eat cereal, crisps/potato chips everyday plus i sit on my ass all day and I only weigh 168 pounds :redface:

I used to be able to do that, but ever since I left high school 5 years ago I've continually packed on pounds. I used to be 165 and pretty built. Also, it's a matter of metabolism. My roommate is 6'1" and weighs 155 pounds, and his diet consists of Burger King, Little Caesar's pizza, and Del Taco. Literally, that is the vast majority of what he consumes, and he's thin as a rail. Not to say he's healthy, which I'm sure he's not. I've lost a few pounds now, down to 214, hopefully by this time next year I'll be 175 of pure muscle :)

Maleldil said:
I used to be able to do that, but ever since I left high school 5 years ago I've continually packed on pounds. I used to be 165 and pretty built. Also, it's a matter of metabolism. My roommate is 6'1" and weighs 155 pounds, and his diet consists of Burger King, Little Caesar's pizza, and Del Taco. Literally, that is the vast majority of what he consumes, and he's thin as a rail. Not to say he's healthy, which I'm sure he's not. I've lost a few pounds now, down to 214, hopefully by this time next year I'll be 175 of pure muscle :)
how old is your roommate ? because i can't see him staying that light when he gets into his 30's and is still eating like that.

Back