Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

I am almost in line with the thread starter. I have always been a big frame guy. A tad over 6 foot and around 240 at my lightest. I ate and drank my way all the way up to 286 pounds in about a year anda half. I have been training for about 6 weeks now and currently weigh in at 259. I am with you thread starter....keep the faith...PS I plan on going down to 225-230. I will keep it posted.

I actually extended my "vacation" last week to include this week for a mini-break.

I have stuck pretty close to my diet. I let myself eat a few things here and there (no fast food or anything like that, just like steak fajitas at a mexican restuarant -- but I have been drinking a TON. it's party mode around here!)... and I have only done cardio twice in the last two weeks... but surpirsingly, I still continue to lose weight.

I was expecting to get on the scale and see an increase of at least a few pounds... but luckily here we are:

Week #18 -5
Week #19 -3

So now I am 273lbs for -67 total.

I am at the point now for people who haven't seen me in awhile to say "holy shit!". That always feels good and provides even more motivation to keep it up.

I am hoping that this break I have taken for the last few weeks has allowed my body to adjust so when I get back to 6 days of cardio I will have some nice losses as my body adjusts once again.

holy fuck, you're a monster if you can do cardio for over an hour. well atleast in my eyes you are. haha keep up the good work

haha, it's more mental than physical for me. It gets really boring doing it 6 days a week. If I am lucky, there's a good hockey / basketball / football game on at the gym I can watch while I do it and it makes the time go by a lot faster. If there's nothing on to watch, it seems like it takes forevvvvvvver. But I just get myself into a a militant head-space and force myself to do the full time. I never, ever get off early... down to the second.

But physically, I think anyone can do it. Just add 5 minutes every week until you get to an hour. :) Mind you, I started out at something ridiculous like 15 minutes. Just kept adding and adding until I got where I am at now.

Keep up the good work, Frettish, that is really amazing what you have accomplished so far.

So, it looks like those two weeks I took off combined with drinking like a fish finally caught up to me.

Last I weighed myself it was for a gain of 4 lbs.

So, week #20 +4 277lbs, -63 total.

I have a feeling I will drop that 4lbs I gained this week as I get back on the cardio, and especially because I will not be drinking every day. :)

frettish, I'm not humongously overweight, but I need to drop a few pounds after switching to a new job that made me really lazy, so I need to diet/exercise too.

What I really wanted to say was, keep up the good work man, I know you are being very humble on this forums, and that the 4 pounds you just gained is more alarming then you're letting on (maybe), but keep at it.

When gaining weight, it's amazing what a day of eating makes, and it turns into an "innocent" week, next thing you know a month rolls by fast and I just gained a lot.

I admire what you've done, and I hope the slow down didn't ruin your focus; keep at it, I'm going to monitor your posts here and help encourage you while you deal with this shit. It's fucking tough, I know, I have to drop about 40 lbs. myself.

What I've learned is that it makes it a lot more helpful to think about what good things I've done in the past, then it is to constantly worry about the future. It sucks to think to yourself, before a diet/exercise plan, "man, this is going to take how many months?" when I should have said to myself, "cool, I've kept it up for two months so far, I feel better, and I survived the holidays".

It looks like you think better about yourself, you've kept at it for 4-5 months now, and you survived the holiday with only a minimal weight gain: don't forget that.

Keep going dude.

Man, I'm in the same boat and I'm gonna try a vegetarian diet and clean out my system. Just be careful, because too rapid weight loss can cause gall stones.

just wanna say very nice work frettish, way to take control.

keep at it

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Thankfully, I dropped all the weight I put on during my "break" as I got back on the wagon. Only drank twice last week. :)

Week #21 -5 / 272lbs / -68 total.

Sadly, my two week vacation will most likely prevent me from reaching my goal of 255 by Jan 1st, but I really did need a break so I am just going to write that off. I am probably 2-3 weeks behind schedule... but I'm not going to sweat it.

What I am really looking forward to most is training again. I haven't done BJJ or Muay Thai in years. I also can't wait to play lots of sports next year as well, especially hockey. :)

Eh, so this holiday thing didn't really work out like I planned.

I haven't been gorging myself on shit food or anything, but the combination of going out to the bars a few times, mixed in with getting sick for 8 days have really put things on hold for the time being.

Week #22 -2 / 270lbs / -70 total.
Week #23 +2 / 272lbs / -68 total.

Working out tonight in spite of Xmas eve.

But it looks like I am going to have to wait until Jan 1st to really get back on it. Kind of bummed I've only lost 11lbs since I made this thread almost 2 months ago, but I think I will be fine after the holidays. Today is my weigh day too, so maybe I lost a few lbs last week.

What is your diet? You said you would post it later when you first posted.

Are you just running on a treadmill? You probably need to mix it up. And you should add some strengh training and stretching into your workouts.

And remember, if you're losing more than around 10 lbs in one month, you're probably losing some muscle and water weight.
frettish said:
haha, it's more mental than physical for me. It gets really boring doing it 6 days a week. If I am lucky, there's a good hockey / basketball / football game on at the gym I can watch while I do it and it makes the time go by a lot faster. If there's nothing on to watch, it seems like it takes forevvvvvvver. But I just get myself into a a militant head-space and force myself to do the full time. I never, ever get off early... down to the second.
Try running outside. It's more interesting and it's harder.
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
holy fuck, you're a monster if you can do cardio for over an hour. well atleast in my eyes you are.
loll.

hope you're still going at it. Give me some tips man, what do you eat/drink? How many meals a day? What do you do for cardio?

Good luck man. Were with ya. I've been dieting on/off for the past two months. The Holidays have been REALLY tough for me. Also, factor in a couple bad colds and a minor back injury, and just havent been in the mood to diet/exercise. I got off my ass last night though and went to BJJ class. Back to my diet today.

Holidays are always a rough time, keep focused, you are doing great! Don't let getting sick and putting on a pound or two get you down, your body needed rest. I'm pull for you :)

Back