Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

Seems like he disappeared.

Hope he didn't diet himself unconscious, lol...

Where did you go , fret?

I'm here, and I am back.

My "comeback" date of "Jan 1" turned into like.. "Jan whatever tomorrow is". heh.

I haven't worked out since Xmas Eve day, but on the other hand I never fell off the wagon on the diet part of it aside from the drinking.

Now that all of my friends are back to school/work, I hope I am able to slip back into my routine.

I haven't weighed myself in awhile, so I am hoping I came away from this with relatively little weight gain. If I had to guess, I think I put on about 3-4 lbs.

I've been so on and off since Mid-November because of the holidays and getting sick a few times.

For those of you who've been asking about my diet, I posted it here:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306723

I will bump it too.

Interesting stuff reading this whole thread.

I moved to Europe around Aug. 27th and weighed around 230. I was at a pretty heathy 230, lifted everyday and such and was able to run for a long time and train hard for a long time. So now its Jan. and I wiegh like 187. It totally sucks cause I can't run very long any-more and I'm weak as hell. (Mostly cause I haven't done any kind of training or exercise since coming.)

It's just that the pounds started to melt off. I couldn't do much about it. (Have a decent job, but rent is expensive and I was saving all my nickles and dimes to travel for a month, which I did and it was great. But maded that I ate like shit) So instead of eating chocolate and ice-cream (which I tend to do everyday) I plan on eating right again and going back to a gym to start lifting and doing cardio. There's no where to train here in Geneva, so I will have to be content to do shadowing boxing in the mirror :redface:

Hoping to get up to around 220. Pretty much the size I should be at minus the gut. Plus I would rather be a Fedor then a Gomi

Anyways...good luck man. Keep giving up dates so I can see where your at. Very inspriational.

Cool, so here's my update.

I started going back to the gym last week, and although I have taken so much time off (and drank so many nights), I managed not to gain any weight. Since I didn't weigh myself each week lately, I can only imagine this is what my progress would have looked like anyway.

Week #24 +0 / 272lbs / -68 total.
Week #25 +0 / 272lbs / -68 total.
Week #26 +0 / 272lbs / -68 total.

So, my revised goals being that I've been somewhat stagnant over the last few months:

Jan 28th / 262 / -78
Feb 25th / 247 / -93
March 25th / 232 / -108
April 1 / 217 / -123

My original goals were 255 by Jan 1st (of which I am currently 17 lbs off), and 210 by April 1st, of which even if I achieve these already lofty goals (about -15lbs every 4 weeks), I will still be 7lbs off.

Oh well, I think one of the reasons my first part of this program worked well was because I did set lofty goals that would motivate me to go to the gym when I absolutely did not want to go.

So, we move on. I never anticipated taking so much time off... but as they say "break's over!" :)

frettish said:
I never anticipated taking so much time off... but as they say "break's over!" :)

Shit happens, keep going starting now(this minute) as I'm sure you're doing already.

You inspired my diet. Also, you might have answered this already, but I'm too lazy to go back and check, but what exercises do you do at the gym and how many times a week do you go?

Tot@l_Recal| said:
Shit happens, keep going starting now(this minute) as I'm sure you're doing already.

You inspired my diet. Also, you might have answered this already, but I'm too lazy to go back and check, but what exercises do you do at the gym and how many times a week do you go?

Yup, I am back in the swing of things. Once you take that much time off you realize that it wasn't that hard to begin with and you kick yourself in the ass for taking the time off in the first place! (Though, I know another 4 months from now I will be itching for another break.)

At this point I am doing:

5 min warm up
5 min medium intensity
5 min Stretch
45 min medium/high intensity
5 min medium
5 min cool down
5 min Stretch

I am about to add another five minutes to the medium/high, to be 80 min total.

I do a combination of the elliptical, bike, and jogging. Frequency in that order (elliptical most, jogging least, I'm still ~270 and that's a lot of weight on my joints. I will run more as I lose more weight.)

I do that 5 times per week, and then I do 1 day per week where I do half of that routine, plus about 30 minutes of circuit weight training. 6 days on, 1 day off.

As I lose more weight, I will add more circuit days, but at the moment I am more concerned with burning off the fat rather than gaining muscle.

When I get down to about 220-230 I think I will start a complete weight training routine (ie, full work outs for different body parts on different days) in addition to my cardio. At that point I may have to cut down on my cardio because I just don't have 2.5 hours a day to spend at the gym.

Anyway, hope that answers your question. Again, I have no idea if this is how you're supposed to train/diet, it's just what has been working for me so far.

Jesus. Now that I don't look like a total slob in clothes anymore (though I still have lots of fat to lose still, pics to come, but clothes hides a lot, plus I am tall and carry it OK), I find myself going out way too much.

Since my last post on 1/8, I've lost an additional 14lbs. Taking into consideration I've only been to the gym on average 3 days a week lately (compared to 6 which was where I was at) and the fact that I've been partying pretty hard, I guess I cannot complain.

So here are some pics. The first two I was at around 300lbs (keep in mind at this time I ALREADY lost about 40lbs -- I don't even want to think about what my pics at 340lbs would have looked like). The second two were today, at 258lbs.

13ux.jpg

24gs1.jpg

34dj.jpg

42xc.jpg

I will post more when I lose another 40-50. I think I am going to need surgery for the extra skin.

Maybe since I've been losing it at a much slower pace than before may be a blessing if my skin adopts better? I don't know the physiology behind that.

I read the whole story and its crazzy! Go on fat boy, there's still some extra to lose, lol.

frettish, you are doing a good job. Keep it up. As for the "extra skin," I wouldn't assess that until you get down to whatever your goal is. And then add some weight training. You might need absolutely nothing. I agree that losing it slower is probably beneficial in regard to that aspect.

one-o said:
I read the whole story and its crazzy! Go on fat boy, there's still some extra to lose, lol.

Yeah, about 60 extra. Hope to have it gone by summer. Glad I can be of your amusement.

Grady said:
frettish, you are doing a good job. Keep it up. As for the "extra skin," I wouldn't assess that until you get down to whatever your goal is. And then add some weight training. You might need absolutely nothing. I agree that losing it slower is probably beneficial in regard to that aspect.

Yeah, we'll see. Good point about the weight training.

frettish said:
Yeah, we'll see. Good point about the weight training.
wow, that's impressive! good job.

i've heard somewhere that taking a very cold bath helps the skin shrink back, but the source i heard it from is pretty unreliable so i dunno. at worst, if you do cut down to 200, you can always opt for a "body lift" though it'll cost quite a bit and probably put you outta work for a week.

how's the weight loss going, fret? Is it harder now in the 200's?

Carlson said:
http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Ran across this link when thinking about future problems. Currently my skin is very comfortably supported by my fat.
Carlson, that was a pretty interesting article. Might be some truth to that. For myself, surgery for something like loose skin would probably never happen.

Did you do alot of cardio on week 4 or just starve yourself? Keep up the good work man

Im with ya.
Im starting mine today 6ft2 220 lbs got to get 170 lbs so taking 50 off.
Good luck to you .

Good luck to all of you.

I too am working on weight loss. I lost about 155 lbs lasat yr(divorce, haha), but I wanna get back in the shape i was when i played college ball

I read the brief description of your diet on page one. You may or may not already know this but leafy greens (like spinach, NOT like iceburg lettuce which is essentially water) help regulate thyroid function. A properly functioning thyroid my help you reach your goals. Read up on it if you haven't already. Good luck man!

That's pretty interesting about the loose skin. I was under the impression it was a real problem because I've seen photos...

As of today, I am 254, -86 total.

I am going to start incorporating some weight training in my routine.

how's the weight loss going, fret? Is it harder now in the 200's?

Harder to lose weight? Or harder to actually stick to eating healthy and going to the gym? The rate of weight loss seems to have slowed a bit, but I think that's probably more due to me going out to the bar more often than I was when I first started. Besides drinking, my eating has stayed pretty consistant. I am also back to 5-6 days a week at the gym on a consistant basis as well.

Back