Looper, Dredd, or Total Recall?

Looper plot hole. Don't have the fucking people kill themselves and you wont have so many "letting your loop run" situations.

Unbelievable.

Looper plot hole. Don't have the fucking people kill themselves and you wont have so many "letting your loop run" situations.

Unbelievable.

I was thinking the same thing while watching it.

Also, the fact that Bruce Willis doesn't shave his culdesac in the future is another glaring plot hole.

Unbelievable.

or just hire old loopers and mother nature runs its course in a couple years. no need to send back the looper

Totall Recall was actually a lot better than I expected. The core of the plot, stays true to the original, and it's got some spectacular special effects, and action sequences. The acting is fine as well. If your expectations are reasonable, it's a pretty solid experience.

Dredd was just a fun movie. Non-stop carnage from beginning to end.

I found Looper a little overrated. It's good and all, but not as mind-blowing as I've heard.

You can't really go too wrong, either way.

looper was pretty good, recall was completely forgetable except maybe in art direction, and dredd is one of the best action movies of the last 10 years

Just watched Killer Joe last night. Not the best movie out, but under the radar and much better than the three you listed.

Here's Rian Johnson's answer to that question-

I don't understand the hate it's getting. It's got an interesting story (much more so than simply "alien creature gets loose and kills everyone but sigourney weaver"), the lead actors all nail their roles, and its visually spectacular with some of the best action sequences of the last few years IMO.

It's worth watching just to see Fassbender's creepily curious android, Elba's witty ship captain, and Theron's ultrabadass Vickers.

Yeah, I don't get the hate either. Minus a couple of silly scenes(specifically, the worm), it was great.

It's funny, 'cause most of the people who say it's dumb, were expecting and wanting something even more simplified.

I just watched Total Recall last night. It was ok I guess. It's hard to explain, but it's kinda like it had no real life of its own. Brought nothing new to the table, while toning down other things you'd expect out of the movie.

Did have some cool futuristic stuff in it though.

I just watched Total Recall last night. It was ok I guess. It's hard to explain, but it's kinda like it had no real life of its own. Brought nothing new to the table, while toning down other things you'd expect out of the movie.

The problem with the remake, is that it played it too straight. The original had that Arnie/80's charm, where the remake was kind of cold and distant. They should've also kept the Mars aspect in the film.

Did have some cool futuristic stuff in it though.

That is where the remake thrives. The special effects are insane. Even the CGI shots were excellent, especially the bird's eye view shot of the city. I couldn't believe the amount of detail that went into it. It was like a modern version of the city in Blade Runner.

people just want to root for the underdog big budget indy movie which has now bombed badly
and you know this how? Maybe people REALLY did enjoy it that much more.

I haven't watched Total Recall. Looper was good. Dredd was awesome.

That makes no sense. If someone kills your older self, and you have no access to a time machine, killing said person after they have killed your older self does absolutely nothing.

Makes no sense and explains away nothing.
Explains everything. It's super illegal in the future, havin you murder yourself is the way to remove all evidence because then no one else can be your murderer, you can't revenge kill etc.

That makes no sense. If someone kills your older self, and you have no access to a time machine, killing said person after they have killed your older self does absolutely nothing.

Makes no sense and explains away nothing.

It's a sloppy explanation but I think he's talking about retaliation. You may not be able to stop your own death, but if you find out who offed you and killed them it would change the future. Time travel's messy and they're trying to keep everything as tight as possible.

It's a sloppy explanation but I think he's talking about retaliation. You may not be able to stop your own death, but if you find out who offed you and killed them it would change the future. Time travel's messy and they're trying to keep everything as tight as possible.

I think Bruce Willis said it best in the movie, when JGL was questioning the logistics of time travel.

"It doesn't fucking matter"

It's time travel. The more you think about it, the more implausable it becomes. Every time travel movie suffers from it. Even the very best, like T2, or Twelve Monkeys.

I think Bruce Willis said it best in the movie, when JGL was questioning the logistics of time travel.

"It doesn't fucking matter"

It's time travel. The more you think about it, the more implausable it becomes. Every time travel movie suffers from it. Even the very best, like T2, or Twelve Monkeys.

This. Time travel's always going to be a fucking mess.

I didnt see Dredd but I saw the other 2... I think total recall was better overall

Better chicks for sure (somebody please put a picture of Kate Beckinsale just to make the thread a better place)

Back