Lomachenko’s accusations...

Why doesn't he belong at 135? He won titles and defended them several times at the weight.
Its more accurate to say he just wasn't as untouchable as people assumed.
Because all the other guys in the division outweigh him by 10-15 lbs and such a weight advantage is very hard to overcome? Just a guess.

Instead of claiming Loma is currently fighting at his natural weight class, you should praise him for stepping up to giants. The fact he even won titles at 135 is a testament to his greatness, not something to be used against him.

Because all the other guys in the division outweigh him by 10-15 lbs and such a weight advantage is very hard to overcome? Just a guess.

Instead of claiming Loma is currently fighting at his natural weight class, you should praise him for stepping up to giants. The fact he even won titles at 135 is a testament to his greatness, not something to be used against him.
Can't really say I saw size as the determining factor against Lopez.

Can't really say I saw size as the determining factor against Lopez.

Lopez’s power and Loma’s reaction to it / reluctance to engage was the determining factor IMO - that’s not just about size of course, but size is a part of it.

Lopez’s power and Loma’s reaction to it / reluctance to engage was the determining factor IMO - that’s not just about size of course, but size is a part of it.
I think it was more the timing and hand speed of Lopez.

He's never had power at any weight.
I wouldn't agree with that entirely (his KO of Martinez is pretty impressive) but I think the general idea that he's not a natural power puncher is correct.

I mean, KOing a shot Crolla is impressive, but I just don’t think he’s got the size to hang with the big boys. Haney could be an interesting fight, but Tank smokes him and I’d fancy Garcia’s chances too.
I think Garcia is a bigger problem than Tank honestly; Haney might be able to outbox him too though we haven't seen Haney in there with any real competition yet to measure him with. I think Loma dances his way around Tank, too slow on foot.

Why doesn't he belong at 135? He won titles and defended them several times at the weight.
Its more accurate to say he just wasn't as untouchable as people assumed.
the same way RJJ didn't belong at HW. Sure, he could technically make the weight, but the old adage "a great little guy loses to a very good big guy" is an adage for a reason.

the same way RJJ didn't belong at HW. Sure, he could technically make the weight, but the old adage "a great little guy loses to a very good big guy" is an adage for a reason.
I reject that comparison. Going from light heavy to heavyweight is not the same as going from 130to 135, especially when Roy's fight was a one off.

I reject that comparison. Going from light heavy to heavyweight is not the same as going from 130to 135, especially when Roy's fight was a one off.
well too bad, I'm using it and its valid even if there is a difference of degree. Do you want me to use another comparison? there are plenty of examples of fighters going up in weight and not looking the same because they enter a division where their power and physical strength don't carry up.

It's funny I never saw anybody shit on Hearns accomplishments at ww. he dwarfed all them chickens.

That's why ray's win over him, and canelo breaking Smith are a big deal.

well too bad, I'm using it and its valid even if there is a difference of degree. Do you want me to use another comparison? there are plenty of examples of fighters going up in weight and not looking the same because they enter a division where their power and physical strength don't carry up.
How many times does a guy have to defend a championship against other ranked guys in a weight class before he belongs there? He was literally the face of the lw division.

He said he was but now he can't. It would ruin the entire stupid narrative he's created by crying about the decision
loma's a fucking idiot. Just fight at 130, you were never really meant to go above that anyhow. There are plenty of good fights to be made there.

How many times does a guy have to defend a championship against other ranked guys in a weight class before he belongs there?
whether or not you can beat the fighters at that weight has nothing to do with if it's your natural weight. Mikey Garcia is a lot smaller than the 147ers, doesn't mean he's a natural 147er. Dude should be fighting at LW or JWW. You're being obtuse here.

anyhow I was told all those wins LW had were against cans, right? We don't measure how a fighter will do in a division when they face cans, right?

He was literally the face of the lw division.
I mean he's a famous fighter, this isn't some kind of enormous discovery

whether or not you can beat the fighters at that weight has nothing to do with if it's your natural weight. Mikey Garcia is a lot smaller than the 147ers, doesn't mean he's a natural 147er. Dude should be fighting at LW or JWW. You're being obtuse here.

anyhow I was told all those wins LW had were against cans, right? We don't measure how a fighter will do in a division when they face cans, right?

I mean he's a famous fighter, this isn't some kind of enormous discovery
Lol at me being obtuse. No one said he didn't belong at lw until he got clowned.Now his fans pretend its the only reason Lopez beat him. Did people say Pac didn't belong at welter when Horn outpointed him?
He fought someone better is all. Pretty sure Campbell is bigger than Lopez too.

Lol at me being obtuse.
Saying size wasn't a factor is deluded, so you're right, I should have used deluded instead of obtuse.

No one said he didn't belong at lw until he got clowned.
I said it at least a few times (or rather I said I'd rather see him at 130 and that I anticipated he woudl lose once he fought a bigger guy with good skills, like Lopez or a few other guys in the division). Loma was openly talking about returnign to 130 if he beat Lopez. Most people on here acknowledged that Loma was outsized and outmuscled by most of hte division. That doesn't mean he didn't belong, you stay there until you see fit to leave. But he clearly was on the smaller end of hte division and htat tends ot be an issue for fighters.

Did people say Pac didn't belong at welter when Horn outpointed him?
A lot of people were simply calling on Pac to retire at that point but yeah plenty of people said Pac was too small for 147 even prior to Horn; Horn isn't a particularly good fighter and he just outmuscled/outsized Pac. Pac's just a much better fighter than Loma and was able to overcome the size deficit with skill at his peak.

Now his fans pretend its the only reason Lopez beat him.
Specifically who? Nobody is saying this. I said size would be factor among a number of things, including Lopez being clearly very talented.

well Teo is a much better fighter than Campbell. Hence size not being hte only factor, somehting which nobody claimed to begin with.

Lol at me being obtuse. No one said he didn't belong at lw until he got clowned.Now his fans pretend its the only reason Lopez beat him. Did people say Pac didn't belong at welter when Horn outpointed him?
I feel like Loma's loss justified your stance towards him but the part I put in bold isn't true.
Everyone and his mother in this forum has been always saying that Loma doesn't physically belong in 135.
We 've been saying that from his first fights in this weight.
A lot has to do with his specific skillset. He's a physical fighter and he's small for the weight.

I feel like Loma's loss justified your stance towards him but the part I put in bold isn't true.
Everyone and his mother in this forum has been always saying that Loma doesn't physically belong in 135.
A lot has to do with his specific skillset. He's a physical fighter and he's small for the weight.
Do you believe he lost to Lopez because he was too small?

Loma was outsized and outmuscled by most of hte division.
He looks suitable for 130 and 126 definitely. not for 135.

He's a physical fighter and he's small for the weight.
Well. he barely had dealt with Campbell and Linares. Linares was irl competitive vs him until get this liver punch from Loma.
The same kind of game like Campbell get from Ryang.
I'm not sure I understand this post.
Yes, I do know, you need to be punched in the face by someone who knows how to punch and then you will understand boxing better.

Do you believe he lost to Lopez because he was too small?
I hate to go there but have you ever boxed?

If you haven't then it explains everything. The overwhelming strength and power difference when you face someone significantly bigger than you is something you need to feel, not watch but feel, as in physically experience. There's no way around it.

Sure, Lopez is not the first opponent Loma faced that dwarfs him. However, those other guys were noticeably slower and less skilled than Loma, which allowed him to compensate for his inability to eat their shots by avoiding them and make up for his inability to inflict damage upon them with volume.

Lopez is the first opponent who matches Loma in both the speed and skill departments while looking 2 weight classes higher than him. That's why size was the deciding factor. We could even say it was the only factor.

Back