Lomachenko’s accusations...

Loma is clearly salty but with that said I agree compubox stats are often not really reflective of how the fight went and the methodology leaves plenty of margin for error.

Nah. I’m a fan of Loma’s, a non-Ukrainian one, and i had him losing to Teofimo via close decision (7 rnds to 5). I’m not a boxing autist, so I haven’t saved the actual scores. But 7-5 was pretty much it (with no KDs).

It was a close fight. Closer than many made it out to be. But Loma gave away too many of the early rounds to win IMO.

He should pipe down and get healthy. Focus his efforts in looking great in his next fight to position himself for a rematch. I think he could beat Lopez with a more aggressive approach from the outset.
Exactly, wtf is Loma talking about? He KNOWS he gave away the first half of the fight by doing nothing right..? Then when he did start fighting it was still close. Clear win for Lopez.

yeah I have a three strikes policy and I think this counts as his third, this is just embarassing. Wasn't he planning on moving to 130 had he beaten Lopez?
He said he was but now he can't. It would ruin the entire stupid narrative he's created by crying about the decision

Of course and still he had performed better vs Lopez than Wilder vs Fury and A.J vs Ruiz.
Still there of course fans are tribal an nationalistic and therefore might behave like this Loma had been KTFOed in 1 st round with 3 knocdowns in row.
Unlike with PUPP A.J vs Ruiz I ( ohh, for pupp there excuses must be given and a lot of them )
or Wilder vs Fury ( again nationalistic and tribal fans are core in forums ).

Sure.

No offense here, guys posting in forums are nationalistic and tribal and does have biased thinking and posts a lot.
If I had scored this fight for Lopez, this does not mean that I can't see anti EE fighters biased attidude in forums, selfish and tribal, nationalistic kind of boxers judgement in forums like this forum.
A lot of judgement here are biased because boxer's nationality and race, origin and fans assumptions who is better.
Biased discussions and hided hate.
I'm a Slavic eastern european and wanted Loma to win. But about 5 rounds in I wanted Lopez to knock him out, it became clear to me that one fighter had a heart and the other does not.

I'm a Slavic eastern european and wanted Loma to win. But about 5 rounds in I wanted Lopez to knock him out, it became clear to me that one fighter had a heart and the other does not.

Loma proved what he was in the Salido fight.

Loma proved what he was in the Salido fight.

He proved he wasn't ready for 12 rounds of Salido, and the reffing was terrible indeed. That being said when the referee is basically OK with dirty boxing you've got to earn yourself some respect with whatever you need, including elbows and ballsack shots, and he didn't.

The biggest take away from the Lopez fight is that Loma does not belong at 135. If he doesn’t see that and if no one has the balls to tell him, then he’s fucked.

You most likely did not had boxed and therefore this.

He proved he wasn't ready for 12 rounds of Salido, and the reffing was terrible indeed.
like Salido was pillow fisted lady and Glowacki or Huck in his weight easily might had delivered this overweight pupp Salido losing his belt on scales and refusing to make weight into Dadashev, I'm not joking.
Pussy Salido vs Cuningham in his weight?
LoL. also Haye etc lads.

Salido is just overweight bum vs Loma in murcian hole, nothing more.
Unlike GRJ I think really had deserved rematch vs Loma 100%.

like Salido was pillow fisted lady and Glowacki or Huck in his weight easily might had delivered this overweight pupp Salido losing his belt on scales and refusing to make weight into Dadashev, I'm not joking.
Pussy Salido vs Cuningham in his weight?
LoL. also Haye etc lads.

Salido is just overweight bum vs Loma in murcian hole, nothing more.
Unlike GRJ I think really had deserved rematch vs Loma 100%.

Not sure if we agree or not.

The biggest take away from the Lopez fight is that Loma does not belong at 135. If he doesn’t see that and if no one has the balls to tell him, then he’s fucked.

this was my takeaway from basically all of his LW fights TBH. Loma was noticeably smaller than all of his opponents at LW, to varying degrees. On top of that, he wasn't showing the kind of power that a strong punching lightweight should against guys like Linares and Pedraza, who aren't exactly iron jawed. Plus he was getting muscled around in certain cases. It was a good run but he was facing guys who weren't very physical fighters and weren't particularly iron jawed or hard hitting in most cases. They're all good fighters, but it was clear that Loma's LW run wasn't built on a very representative sample of the division and once he stepped up to a complete boxer like Lopez who WAS extremely physical and a lot bigger that it was going to be a problem.

Why doesn't he belong at 135? He won titles and defended them several times at the weight.
Its more accurate to say he just wasn't as untouchable as people assumed.

this was my takeaway from basically all of his LW fights TBH. Loma was noticeably smaller than all of his opponents at LW, to varying degrees. On top of that, he wasn't showing the kind of power that a strong punching lightweight should against guys like Linares and Pedraza, who aren't exactly iron jawed. Plus he was getting muscled around in certain cases. It was a good run but he was facing guys who weren't very physical fighters and weren't particularly iron jawed or hard hitting in most cases. They're all good fighters, but it was clear that Loma's LW run wasn't built on a very representative sample of the division and once he stepped up to a complete boxer like Lopez who WAS extremely physical and a lot bigger that it was going to be a problem.
He's never had power at any weight.

Why doesn't he belong at 135? He won titles and defended them several times at the weight.
Its more accurate to say he just wasn't as untouchable as people assumed.

I mean, KOing a shot Crolla is impressive, but I just don’t think he’s got the size to hang with the big boys. Haney could be an interesting fight, but Tank smokes him and I’d fancy Garcia’s chances too.

He proved he wasn't ready for 12 rounds of Salido, and the reffing was terrible indeed. That being said when the referee is basically OK with dirty boxing you've got to earn yourself some respect with whatever you need, including elbows and ballsack shots, and he didn't.

He needed to rough him up in the trenches and he didn’t have it in him.

Back