Lomachenko’s accusations...

I hate to go there but have you ever boxed?

If you haven't then it explains everything. The overwhelming strength and power difference when you face someone significantly bigger than you is something you need to feel, not watch but feel, as in physically experience. There's no way around it.

Sure, Lopez is not the first opponent Loma faced that dwarfs him. However, those other guys were noticeably slower and less skilled than Loma, which allowed him to compensate for his inability to eat their shots by avoiding them and make up for his inability to inflict damage upon them with volume.

Lopez is the first opponent who matches Loma in both the speed and skill departments while looking 2 weight classes higher than him. That's why size was the deciding factor. We could even say it was the only factor.
Dwarfs him?
Come on, they did not look 2 weight classes apart.
What nonsense. Lopez is just better. Lomachenko is one dimensional and Lopez was a terrible matchup for him. Why is that so hard for people to admit?
This is not guys separated by two weight classes.
lomachenko-lopez_2020_10_16_235711.jpg

Lopez has like a 1/4 inch height advantage and this was Lomas 5th consecutive fight at 135 pounds, for crying out loud.
This is what guys 2 weight classes apart looks like

Last edited:
This is what it looks like when guys from different weight classes fight-

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-10_0-10-45.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-10_0-10-45.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 13
Dwarfs him?
Come on, they did not look 2 weight classes apart.
What nonsense. Lopez is just better. Lomachenko is one dimensional and Lopez was a terrible matchup for him. Why is that so hard for people to admit?
This is not guys separated by two weight classes.
lomachenko-lopez_2020_10_16_235711.jpg

Lopez has like a 1/4 inch height advantage and this was Lomas 5th consecutive fight at 135 pounds, for crying out loud.
This is what guys 2 weight classes apart looks like
First of all, Lopez is not 1/4 inch taller lol. He's a full inch taller.

But why would you post a profile view picture of them at the weigh ins where they were both exactly the same weight? Pause the actual fight at any point and it will look like Lopez ate Loma's twin brother. Lopez was 160 lbs 3 months before the fight ffs. It's undeniable he has a much bigger frame and more muscle mass.

Idk what you think you saw that day but this is how the fight played out:
- Lopez threw a punch, Loma caught it with his arm and immediately went "Holy shit! I'm not even gonna block this. I'll just get the hell out of the way and stay the hell away."
- At some point, Loma closed the distance to land his only punch of round 1 and was like "Looks like I can't even move this guy. Even if I take a punch to land two, I'll be the one getting hurt."
- What followed was 7 rounds of inactivity since Loma kept moving around to avoid getting hit while occasionally testing the water to see if Lopez's stamina or power had decreased and Lopez kept chasing Loma around without being able to trap him.
- Eventually, Loma had to resort to taking risks and started fighting but it was already too late. The whole story of the fight was that the body mass Lopez could put behind his punches was too much for Loma to handle while the opposite wasn't true. Neither of them looked technically better than the other, except for the few times where Loma cut an angle and successfully blasted Lopez with 3-punch combinations.

Last edited:
- Eventually, Loma had to resort to taking risks
had to get that Lopez will not loss discipline and will continue to box disciplined + not go for KO as main target.
Lopez fooled him.:) And ppl think that Lopez doesn't have high IQ.

The same Lopez told that Loma is too small.
There:
https://www.boxingscene.com/lopez-lomachenko-better-off-130-126-pounds-135-my-weight-class--152470

“He’s better off at 130 or 126,” Lopez told BoxingScene.com. “I think that 135 is too heavy for him. I think that he’s too sluggish at 135. But let’s see, man. Let’s see what this whole one-year rest does for him.
---------------

But why would you post a profile view picture of them at the weigh ins where they were both exactly the same weight? Pause the actual fight at any point and it will look like Lopez ate Loma's twin brother. Lopez was 160 lbs 3 months before the fight ffs. It's undeniable he has a much bigger frame and more muscle mass.

- Lopez threw a punch, Loma caught it with his arm and immediately went "Holy shit! I'm not even gonna block this. I'll just get the hell out of the way and stay the hell away."
- At some point, Loma closed the distance to land his only punch of round 1 and was like "Looks like I can't even move this guy. Even if I take a punch to land two, I'll be the one getting hurt."
- What followed was 7 rounds of inactivity since Loma kept moving around to avoid getting hit while occasionally testing the water to see if Lopez's stamina or power had decreased and Lopez kept chasing Loma around without being able to trap him.
- Eventually, Loma had to resort to taking risks and started fighting but it was already too late. The whole story of the fight was that the body mass Lopez could put behind his punches was too much for Loma to handle while the opposite wasn't true. Neither of them looked technically better than the other, except for the few times where Loma cut an angle and successfully blasted Lopez with 3-punch combinations.
Lopez was clearly the better boxer in the ring that night.
Linares and Campbell were both bigger than Lopez and Loma beat them.
You're basically saying he fought scared because Lopez had some pop. Thats our hero?

It wasn't the power and it wasn't the size. It was the whole package of a guy who does everything better. He's faster than Loma, he's more diverse than Loma, he's a better puncher with timing and technical ability and he hasn't been built up on half a decade of tomato cans like Loma has. Loma looked like a standard speedster with no ability to adjust after his one weapon was taken away.
He's not the boxing God you were lead to believe he was.The one time he fought someone fresh, he had to resort to complaining that the judges were bought and making weird excuses about how he trained to lose that way. The guy is kind of a joke really and if it weren't for the fact that some of you had so much emotional investment in the guy, you'd be laughing at him like people are laughing at Wilder. At least Wilder had the heart to keep trying when the going got tough. Great fighters don't go half a round and say "well this is too much. Can't take any risks here or I lose."
You all thought you were watching the second coming of Ray Robinson or some shit but it turned out to be more of a Camacho rerun. But keep making those excuses, the fan club can pretend he didn't lose fair and it was he result of a lightweight facing the insurmountable task of fighting a slightly bigger lightweight. The guy has been exposed twice now. He has no heart. He can't win when he doesn't start with a lead.

While I agree with you these size disparities at the highest level matter, I dont believe Loma made a conscious decision to be outboxed, that's silly, Lopez made him work just to get into the fight, and Loma had to get his hands dirty just to risk getting KOd and Loma is an offensive fighter first flirting with a young and very professionally adapted counter puncher with YES a size and frame advantage, that just screamed styles make fights. That said Lopez wasnt muscling him around or making it ugly. Just beat him to the punch. Over and over. He got tired and looked for more meaningful punches to truly hurt Loma. That's what happened.

Also, cant really complain about size after fact. You make weight you fight the fight. We cant cry about the specimen in the ring when we are perpetually trying to figure out who's the best fighter. They would have banned RJJ from boxing if physical attributes in the ring were penalized.

I dont believe Loma made a conscious decision to be outboxed, that's silly,
Naw, I think he had intent to make Lopez less careful.
And Lopez had fooled him till half of fight.
Props for Lopez, he fooled Loma and get these belts in very close fight. Cool job.

Naw, I think he had intent to make Lopez less careful.
And Lopez had fooled him till half of fight.
Props for Lopez, he fooled Loma and get these belts in very close fight. Cool job.
See, that's the thing. It's like you give Lopez credit right after saying Loma is more responsible for losing than Lopez is for winning. Lopez wasnt handed a nod by accident.

Bribed or not Loma was underwhelming in the fight and Teofimo wasn't even that great either

Bribed or not Loma was underwhelming in the fight and Teofimo wasn't even that great either
It depends.
For Teo looks gameplan was to win rounds and fool Loma.
He had completed his task and props for him for this.
To win rounds on cards.
And he did this in close fight 115-113 and I congratulate him with this.
He is not Salido, definitely. Lopez a bit started to like me despite fight looked a bit ugly. No offense here, he had achieved main task.

Last edited:
Lopez was clearly the better boxer in the ring that night.
Linares and Campbell were both bigger than Lopez and Loma beat them.
You're basically saying he fought scared because Lopez had some pop. Thats our hero?

It wasn't the power and it wasn't the size. It was the whole package of a guy who does everything better. He's faster than Loma, he's more diverse than Loma, he's a better puncher with timing and technical ability and he hasn't been built up on half a decade of tomato cans like Loma has. Loma looked like a standard speedster with no ability to adjust after his one weapon was taken away.
He's not the boxing God you were lead to believe he was.The one time he fought someone fresh, he had to resort to complaining that the judges were bought and making weird excuses about how he trained to lose that way. The guy is kind of a joke really and if it weren't for the fact that some of you had so much emotional investment in the guy, you'd be laughing at him like people are laughing at Wilder. At least Wilder had the heart to keep trying when the going got tough. Great fighters don't go half a round and say "well this is too much. Can't take any risks here or I lose."
You all thought you were watching the second coming of Ray Robinson or some shit but it turned out to be more of a Camacho rerun. But keep making those excuses, the fan club can pretend he didn't lose fair and it was he result of a lightweight facing the insurmountable task of fighting a slightly bigger lightweight. The guy has been exposed twice now. He has no heart. He can't win when he doesn't start with a lead.
How about this:

Loma has moved up 2 weight classes since he turned pro, right? If Lopez moved up 2 weight classes, fought Spence or Crawford at 147 and lost, would you say he was overrated?

Mikey Garcia went up and got completely dominated by Spence. Is he a bum too in your eyes or does the huge size difference has something to do with it?

Oh I forgot, it doesn't work with Loma because he won 4 fights at 135 before facing Lopez. So if somebody loses straight away, he's a hero but if he racks up some wins before losing, he's a fraud? What kind of backward logic is that?

Wait a minute, aren't you one of the people who are completely fine with Canelo not fighting Bivol or Beterbiev because Canelo doesn't really belong at 175 even though he just won a title at 175? By your logic, shouldn't we consider LHW to be Canelo's natural weight class?

Last edited:
How about this:

Loma has moved up 2 weight classes since he turned pro, right? If Lopez moved up 2 weight classes, fought Spence or Crawford at 147 and lost, would you say he was overrated?

Mikey Garcia went up and got complitely dominated by Spence. Is he a bum too in your eyes or does the huge size difference has something to do with it?

Oh I forgot, it doesn't work with Loma because he won 4 fights at 135 before facing Lopez. So if somebody loses straight away, he's a hero but if he racks up some wins before losing, he's a fraud? What kind of backward logic is that?

Wait a minute, aren't you one of the people who are completely fine with Canelo not fighting Bivol or Beterbiev because Canelo doesn't really belong at 175 even though he just won a title at 175? By your logic, shouldn't we consider LHW to be Canelo's natural weight class?
I fully expect Lopez will climb in weight at some point like 99.99999999999 of pro boxers do. Loma didn't move up 2 weight classes either. He moved from one weight to the next. He went from feather, to super feather and then to lightweight. 9 pounds over the course of 7 years. He just doesn't have what it takes when the going gets tough, is all.
Give him an Anthony Crolla rematch, and he'll look like that guy that fooled everyone into thinking he was special. Put him in with Tank, Stevenson or a Lopez rematch and his career is over.

Eh Loma could've at least dropped Teo but then let of the gas and gave the guy the first 7

I fully expect Lopez will climb in weight at some point like 99.99999999999 of pro boxers do. Loma didn't move up 2 weight classes either. He moved from one weight to the next. He went from feather, to super feather and then to lightweight. 9 pounds over the course of 7 years. He just doesn't have what it takes when the going gets tough, is all.
Give him an Anthony Crolla rematch, and he'll look like that guy that fooled everyone into thinking he was special. Put him in with Tank, Stevenson or a Lopez rematch and his career is over.
tank isn't beating Loma lol. I don't think Stevenson is either and IIRC you said you thought Stevenson would lose to a gatekeeper. Lopez yeah definitely, I could see Haney doing it too.

tank isn't beating Loma lol. I don't think Stevenson is either and IIRC you said you thought Stevenson would lose to a gatekeeper. Lopez yeah definitely, I could see Haney doing it too.
Tank could very well beat Loma. He's sharp as a knife and a punches likely harder than the rest of the current lot. Tank is one if the more dangerous guys around with or without the resume atm. Everyone wants to play up Lomas size disadvantage, well those would get him walked down vs Tank if that were the case. Thank goodness the size disparities arent as bad as everyone making out! I think it's a good fight, not a one sided thing either way, 50/50 imo

Tank could very well beat Loma. He's sharp as a knife and a punches likely harder than the rest of the current lot. Tank is one if the more dangerous guys around with or without the resume atm. Everyone wants to play up Lomas size disadvantage, well those would get him walked down vs Tank if that were the case. Thank goodness the size disparities arent as bad as everyone making out! I think it's a good fight, not a one sided thing either way, 50/50 imo
IDK man, tank is definitely hard hitting and a sharp puncher but I don't think he has as much craft as people like to claim and frankly he's pretty slow on foot. I think that causes a lot of issues as well because his reach and height advantage won't allow him to set up that dominant outside game Teofimo used to dominate Loma. Plus, as others have noted, he hasn't really fought anybody yet, including studiously avoiding Loma, which leads me to think he knows something we don't.

Back