Lomachenko’s accusations...

Nah. I’m a fan of Loma’s, a non-Ukrainian one, and i had him losing to Teofimo via close decision (7 rnds to 5). I’m not a boxing autist, so I haven’t saved the actual scores. But 7-5 was pretty much it (with no KDs).

It was a close fight. Closer than many made it out to be. But Loma gave away too many of the early rounds to win IMO.

He should pipe down and get healthy. Focus his efforts in looking great in his next fight to position himself for a rematch. I think he could beat Lopez with a more aggressive approach from the outset.

If fighters i like could stop acting like babies after a loss that would be nice.

In spite of all the poo people did fling at AJ for his political correctness when he commented on the Ruiz loss, he sounded more mature than pretty much any other current boxing star getting beaten at some point.

I had the fight scored a draw but 8-4 Lopez is a reasonable score. Loma needs to get over this lose and go back to the drawing board. Does anyone else think there wasn't too many clean blows from either fighter throughout the contest? It looked like a lot of the "counted punches" from both fighters were landed on the gloves. I don't recall too many clean eye catching shots landed.

I don’t mind what he says but I think there is a path to victory for Loma. When he got aggressive and put it on Lopez with combinations the way Teo reacted to punches was concerning. He almost looks shell shocked and froze at times.

Have so much respect for these guys, sucks to see that competitive spirit blind them to the point they cant properly self assess their performance or be real. Looks bad, even the body language after the fight when he was pouting and doing the interview he initially said he thought he won in, he looks very weak and maybe he should because now hes playing the victim. Denial so bad he cant accept it's a contest with a winner and a loser and that the outcome could be a loss for him, like that's not part of the rules in his mind? He either wins or it was a rigged contest.

Sometimes I'm surprised how these guys who've tasted very little defeat are so childlike in a loss.

Have so much respect for these guys, sucks to see that competitive spirit blind them to the point they cant properly self assess their performance or be real. Looks bad, even the body language after the fight when he was pouting and doing the interview he initially said he thought he won in, he looks very weak and maybe he should because now hes playing the victim. Denial so bad he cant accept it's a contest with a winner and a loser and that the outcome could be a loss for him, like that's not part of the rules in his mind? He either wins or it was a rigged contest.

Sometimes I'm surprised how these guys who've tasted very little defeat are so childlike in a loss.

Agreed, it’s very very sad. Or maybe Loma is just incredibly deluded.

If fighters i like could stop acting like babies after a loss that would be nice.

preachtheword.jpg

Back