Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

Swanson was the legit #1 cotender at FW when Frankie beat him. That is a better win than any of Connors. You can say they have weak spots and this or that but Swanson was a great top win by finish regardless.

Swanson was the "legit" contender without a single decent win (by this forum's standards)? Interesting. Remind me again who Cub beat and how his dominance was such that he attained number 1 contender status via doing less than what McGregor has currently done.

Olivera is not joke... he is better than all of Conor's wins minus Poirier, who he has a decent chance at beating these days. You only call that a virtual squash match because Edgar is that good, not his fault. Fact is Conor hasn't beaten a legit top5er and he is getting a title shot (Poirier was artificially bumped up). I don't mind but let's not pretend like he deserves it more than Edgar.

Who has Olivera beaten? His best win is a decision of Jeremy Stephens and he's lost to every top guy he's faced. I'm not saying he's a can, but he's not a top guy at all. McGregor deserves the shot.

287zyh3.jpg

vs

3499m5v.jpg

I dont want to bad mouth Frankie, he is a amazing fighter. But lets take a look at his past fights.

1. Arguably loses to Penn in their first fight.
2. Should have lost to Maynard.
3. Two losses to Bendo.
4. Loss to Aldo.
5. Had a pretty tough fight with Oliveira.
6. Took him 3 rounds to beat Dolce Diet To The Death Zombie Penn.
7. Destroys Cub who had trouble with Dennis Siver in the grappling department.

Do we really want to see this guy in ANOTHER title fight? It's not like his wrestling has improved to trouble Aldo with considering Aldo still has one of if not the best TDD in the sport. Its not like his striking is any better. The man has peaked and is now getting up their in age.

What will his rematch with Aldo look like? The same as the first. Same old Frankie Edgar fight.

Conor goes in their and makes fights look easy. Torn ACL or not. He's young. He is obsessed with getting better. He is a tactician. He brings elite level striking to challenge Aldo's striking.

All hype and memes aside. You cannot deny that Conor is an elite fighter and you cannot tell me that you would prefer to watch Frankie fight Aldo first.

WTF is this?

Listen buddy, forget Frankie was ever a LW champion, he is an elite fighter for his Cub perfomance alone.

Connor is not a proven fighter. He beat Poirier who is a gift match up, then there was this recent Dennis-suddenly top 10- Siver circus and the rest are a long list of cans and a sub loss.

Reality is never a option for a McGregor nuthugger. Oh, must be sweet to be like that.

The level of competition is not close to comparable. If Aldo had no already beaten Frankie then Frankie would deserve it more; but since Aldo did beat Edgar (and the other top FWs) it's rightfully McGregor's shot.

Swanson was the "legit" contender without a single decent win (by this forum's standards)? Interesting. Remind me again who Cub beat and how his dominance was such that he attained number 1 contender status via doing less than what McGregor has currently done.

LOL, this is beyong stupid.

Had Cub beat Frankie, after he just beat Siver, he would be the number 1 contender.

Frankie Edgar is one of the best LW`s ever and unquestionably a great fighter.

WTF do you think beating Siver and being gifted a shot is the same thing?

Edit: I ain`t no Frankie fan and I`m happy about the whole situation, McGregor will be smoked easily and it will be fun. Just curious to see the reasons some nuthuggers can come up.

lol @ he should've lost to Maynard. Frankie won every round but the first, he was robbed.

lol @ he should've lost to Maynard. Frankie won every round but the first, he was robbed.

he rightfully beat Bendo in the rematch to regain the title. Frankie is so disrespected on this forum.

LOL, this is beyong stupid.

Had Cub beat Frankie, after he just beat Siver, he would be the number 1 contender.

Frankie Edgar is one of the best LW`s ever and unquestionably a great fighter.

WTF do you think beating Siver and being gifted a shot is the same thing?

Edit: I ain`t no Frankie fan and I`m happy about the whole situation, McGregor will be smoked easily and it will be fun. Just curious to see the reasons some nuthuggers can come up.

You failed to demonstrate what it was about my post that was "stupid". It is only when you include the entirety of the data that it becomes (abundantly) clear that McGregor is the individual that ought to fight Aldo next. When you include the lack of credible contenders + the manner in which Conor has defeated his opposition you get to the obvious conclusion.

he rightfully beat Bendo in the rematch to regain the title. Frankie is so disrespected on this forum.

I have rewatched that fight more than three times and every time I realize how obvious it was that Benson took both fights.

I have rewatched that fight more than three times and every time I realize how obvious it was that Benson took both fights.

How? Benson faded so bad in the second fight. I wanted Benson to win, but he didn't. Now I think it was the altitude that beat him and at sea level he beats Edgar way more often than not; but he didn't win that night.

I'm all for Edgar getting the shot for the way he dominated in his last fight. But my argument against Connor is this. We all know Connor is a great striker but how would he fare once he get to the ground. The point I'm getting to is I would rather him fight someone with those credentials before a title shot. This way if he doesn't do well he can learn and become the best fighter he can be when he does fight for the title, and before we throw 60 bucks at him. Granted I'll still buy it that's just my opinion.

How? Benson faded so bad in the second fight. I wanted Benson to win, but he didn't. Now I think it was the altitude that beat him and at sea level he beats Edgar way more often than not; but he didn't win that night.

I always end up scoring three rounds for Benson (forget which three, though). I do not know a single person (IRL) that scored that fight for Edgar, either (of a sample of fighters/trainers/and the like).

Frankies competition is obviously a far tougher road than McGregors, so ya he deserves it more.

But I'm fine with seeing Conor get the shot first.

There both young, both would be good fights to see so no butthurt either way.

Its hilarious how so many posters here can get so far on either side of the fence...Conor is a fun almost cartoon character who is obviously skilled, and Edgar is the epitome of heart, cardio, and energy...

Either one will be fun to watch.

You failed to demonstrate what it was about my post that was "stupid". It is only when you include the entirety of the data that it becomes (abundantly) clear that McGregor is the individual that ought to fight Aldo next. When you include the lack of credible contenders + the manner in which Conor has defeated his opposition you get to the obvious conclusion.

Now you`ve been stupid 2 times in less than hour.

I can`t really make it much clearer but I`ll give it a shot.

Frankie Edgar is a great fighter / Siver is an average fighter

Beating Poirier- Siver- Frankie is an impressive feat.

Beating farm fighters + Brandao - Poirier - Siver could only be a feat if they promote the shit out of clueless people, but they managed to that.

I kept it in short sentences in order to ease your comprehension process.

It's futile to try to talk sense to people who have no clue what they're watching. They see edgar out there swatting at air 90% of the time, hopping around, and moving his head like he has tourette's syndrome, and they think that's scoring points or some shit. Probably the same dumb-ass motherfuckers that try to justify cerrone's decision victory over benson.

I always end up scoring three rounds for Benson (forget which three, though). I do not know a single person (IRL) that scored that fight for Edgar, either (of a sample of fighters/trainers/and the like).

lots of pros had Frankie winning either fight.

Edit: Weidman straight up said he was robbed in the rematch.

Last edited:
Now you`ve been stupid 2 times in less than hour.

I can`t really make it much clearer but I`ll give it a shot.

Frankie Edgar is a great fighter / Siver is an average fighter

Beating Poirier- Siver- Frankie is an impressive feat.

Beating farm fighters + Brandao - Poirier - Siver could only be a feat if they promote the shit out of clueless people, but they managed to that.

I kept it in short sentences in order to ease your comprehension process.

Who did that?

Frankie fans are just jealous. Mma fans don't like STARS. I think they all secretly want UFC to be back in the dark ages

UFC-136-Press-Conference-128.jpg

Lol why would Edgar fans ever be jealous of McGregor?

Conor hasn't beaten any elite competition, but i'm fine with him getting a shot.

Edgar/Mendes needs to happen.

Back