Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

gsp-frownPNG.png

005_rory_macdonald.0_standard_352.0.jpg

lol

Where is nick?

people may not like another edgar rematch but in terms on who really deserved it more, it's edgar. esp with the demolition of cub, who is a legit contender that time

people may not like another edgar rematch but in terms on who really deserved it more, it's edgar. esp with the demolition of cub, who is a legit contender that time

Do you want Frankie to be the champion?

I like Frankie quite a bit. I'm not being a dick, just a question.

I have no issue with McGregor getting a shot, and I agree that the idea that Edgar is the obvious choice is silly. A case can be made for either but the fact that I think McGregor has never fought Aldo makes him the better choice.

Frankie fans should WANT Conor to get the first crack. According to them, Frankie will maul Conor. If that's true, and Conor beats Aldo, Frankie fights Conor for the title, not some guy that already beat him.

If Frankie were to lose to Aldo (again), and then Conor beat Aldo, it would be a long road to a THIRD title shot for Frankie. We are looking at an ideal scenario for any future title hopes for Frankie.

This actually makes sense.

Unfortunately the Conor haters (fans and fighters) want him to lose so badly they can't see the forest for the trees.

Unfortunately the Conor haters (fans and fighters) want him to lose so badly they can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm actually a fan of both guys. I want Conor to get the first crack because I think he has a better chance of beating Aldo than beating Frankie, and I think Frankie has a better chance of beating Conor than beating Aldo. That way both of my guys can hold dat gold.

But the guys who hate Conor it just makes no sense to want Frankie to fight a guy that already beat him for the title, as opposed to seeing if Conor can pull it off, and then take on the guy with weaker TDD than Aldo. You have to really hate Conor to not want Frankie to have the easiest path to the title.

lol your comparing fights with the best 155'ers (edgar) who arguably beat henderson and should have been 155 pound champ...versus conner who beat some barely top 15 featherweights. Even at 145 Edgar beat cub who is higher ranked then anyone Conner fought

/thread

I'm all for Edgar getting the shot for the way he dominated in his last fight. But my argument against Connor is this. We all know Connor is a great striker but how would he fare once he get to the ground. The point I'm getting to is I would rather him fight someone with those credentials before a title shot. This way if he doesn't do well he can learn and become the best fighter he can be when he does fight for the title, and before we throw 60 bucks at him. Granted I'll still buy it that's just my opinion.

My issue is this: I don't want to see him fight anybody with good wrestling credentials that Aldo has already beaten, as that would defeat the purpose. That would just mean eliminating another contender in Connor, and just leaving fans with yet another rematch. I really want some new blood in there for UFC title fights.

Frankie fans should WANT Conor to get the first crack. According to them, Frankie will maul Conor. If that's true, and Conor beats Aldo, Frankie fights Conor for the title, not some guy that already beat him.

If Frankie were to lose to Aldo (again), and then Conor beat Aldo, it would be a long road to a THIRD title shot for Frankie. We are looking at an ideal scenario for any future title hopes for Frankie.

I'm actually a fan of both guys. I want Conor to get the first crack because I think he has a better chance of beating Aldo than beating Frankie, and I think Frankie has a better chance of beating Conor than beating Aldo. That way both of my guys can hold dat gold.

But the guys who hate Conor it just makes no sense to want Frankie to fight a guy that already beat him for the title, as opposed to seeing if Conor can pull it off, and then take on the guy with weaker TDD than Aldo. You have to really hate Conor to not want Frankie to have the easiest path to the title.

Are you guys for real???
1) If anything, the hate on Conor is exactly because he is getting "the easiest path to the title."
So you want Frankie to do the same?

2) And while the concept might sound logical, it is actually pretty stupid.
I want to see ANYONE from the top 5 say: "I don't want to fight for the title, because someone easier might beat him, and then my chances to get the belt increases!".

Besides, you forget that Frankie had a pretty competitive fight with Aldo.
He was not schooled and probably he thinks he can beat Aldo if they fight again.

sometimes I just SMH on some responses...
I am not hating on you guys, but it just shows such a lack of thought put into it!!!

This instant gratification thing w/ sherdog is alarming. I blame it on caffeine, sugar and gaming. Our yutes are ruint.

I'm sorry, but you lost any credibility as an evolved human when you said he should have lost to Maynard. Go crawl back into your cave and work on the finer points of scrawling images on walls. That's clearly more your speed.

lol your comparing fights with the best 155'ers (edgar) who arguably beat henderson and should have been 155 pound champ...versus conner who beat some barely top 15 featherweights. Even at 145 Edgar beat cub who is higher ranked then anyone Conner fought

All that time & good effort kicked to shit with this simple post^^^^^^

Are you guys for real???
1) If anything, the hate on Conor is exactly because he is getting "the easiest path to the title."
So you want Frankie to do the same?

2) And while the concept might sound logical, it is actually pretty stupid.
I want to see ANYONE from the top 5 say: "I don't want to fight for the title, because someone easier might beat him, and then my chances to get the belt increases!".

Besides, you forget that Frankie had a pretty competitive fight with Aldo.
He was not schooled and probably he thinks he can beat Aldo if they fight again.

sometimes I just SMH on some responses...
I am not hating on you guys, but it just shows such a lack of thought put into it!!!

Personally I'm resigned to the fact that UFC is trying to be more of an entertaining sport-flavoured spectacle than an actual legitimate sport.

Someone new and exciting fighting Aldo, even if he hasn't really earned it, is perfectly in line with this.

Problem is if Mc wins the title he might have to face guys the UFC has been protecting him from. Frankie has been facing top guys for a long time now. Mc is very promising but we are not sure how he handles all aspects of the game.

The level of competition is not close to comparable. If Aldo had no already beaten Frankie then Frankie would deserve it more; but since Aldo did beat Edgar (and the other top FWs) it's rightfully McGregor's shot.
Sometimes its not all about who you beat but rather HOW you beat them.

5 wins>>>3 wins

And god knows how much more easier Conor would have dispatched Frankie's opponents.

Conor needs to be tested by a wrestler Blah blah blah. Guess what guys. Aldo is no wrestler. Aldo shits on wrestlers. Wrestlers cant beat Aldo. Its been proven time and time again. Chad went in there and kickboxed with Aldo because he even knows it. Guess who does kickboxing 1000000000 times better then Chad.

n3tcib.jpg

/thread

Considering all of his losses were razor thin, and against guys that would all smash Conor... yeah he "deserves" the shot.

Someone needs to shop conors face into this meme:

clint-demotivational-poster-1214279934.jpg

If it takes Cerrone over 7 straight then Edgar can win a few more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back