Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

i like Frankie but i gotta agree......there's no way Edgar would be able to keep Aldo on the ground and nothing has changed to indicate otherwise and that's the only chance Frankie has at besting Aldo

at this point im inclined to believe wrestlers simply don't have the ability to beat Aldo and a rematch would be futile and that's where Greg and his highly skilled striking comes in

The Oliveira fight wasn't impressive at all. Was pretty amazing how Frankie manhandled Cub though.

Based on what? He's shown a weakness to grappling, and he continued to do so in his most recent fight. If anything, it just proves he was overrated.

You are the very stereo type of a shertard.

My God, please keep the rematches away. Especially one that involves Frankie Edgar. I mean, does anyone honestly think he'll win this time? He has shown zero improvements since the last Aldo fight, and a rematch would look exactly the same.

i like Frankie but i gotta agree......there's no way Edgar would be able to keep Aldo on the ground and nothing has changed to indicate otherwise and that's the only chance Frankie has at besting Aldo

at this point im inclined to believe wrestlers simply don't have the ability to beat Aldo and a rematch would be futile and that's where Greg and his highly skilled striking comes in

Sure but you can't not give him a rematch because you don't think he as improved. He wins fights you have to give him one.

I am a massive Frankie fan but I think he's after Conor. Firstly we can all say Conor hasn't beat anyone but none of the other contenders were really fighting each other. Frankie has 1 top ten win over Cub. Lamas has one over Bermudez. Mendes beat guida and lentz who I don't think were top ten. Conor beat Poirier and Siver quite easily and has been on a good win streak. So I think the only reason people don't want to see Conor v Aldo is because they dislike Conor

Lamas also beat koch and cub who were top10
stephans/siver/poirer were all top10 when cub beat them

3.1 mill watched McGregor, thats the argument that counts.

You can twist and contort anyone's win streak to sound not as good like this. Weak troll attempt.

My God, please keep the rematches away. Especially one that involves Frankie Edgar. I mean, does anyone honestly think he'll win this time? He has shown zero improvements since the last Aldo fight, and a rematch would look exactly the same.

The first fight wasn't a blow out!

Lamas also beat koch and cub who were top10
stephans/siver/poirer were all top10 when cub beat them

Hioki was top ten when Lamas beat him too. In retrospect that may have been bogus, but at the time Hioki was top ten.

Both can make a claaim for title contention. But conor draws more and the timing is perfect to cash in. Plus edgar had a chance already and lost a close fight.

Everything considered conor is the right choice.

lol your comparing fights with the best 155'ers (edgar) who arguably beat henderson and should have been 155 pound champ...versus conner who beat some barely top 15 featherweights. Even at 145 Edgar beat cub who is higher ranked then anyone Conner fought

THIS^

The only realistic argument to demand Conor over Frankie is PPV $$$$$$$.

No fighter would ever get to leap frog over this many people in the Top 10 if they weren't going to generate big money.

All FW's (Including Frankie) should be thankful for a guy like Conor. Conor brings more attention to the division. He's not just gonna fight Aldo. He's gonna fight Frankie. He's gonna fight Mendes, and he's gonna fight all of the rest of 'em, too. They're all gonna be in high profile matches with him. The popularity of Conor helps the entire division. It's a win-win for all parties involved.

All FW's (Including Frankie) should be thankful for a guy like Conor. Conor brings more attention to the division. He's not just gonna fight Aldo. He's gonna fight Frankie. He's gonna fight Mendes, and he's gonna fight all of the rest of 'em, too. They're all gonna be in high profile matches with him. The popularity of Conor helps the entire division. It's a win-win for all parties involved.

right. ultimate if (insert fighter name) and (insert fighter name) both keep winning, they'll fight.

it's not the first time a guy got a title shot after NOT fighting other contenders. won't be the last either. hell, it's practically a cliche in the UFC. complainers need to either educate themselves on the history of the UFC, or stop their faux-malaise

You are the very stereo type of a shertard.

Actually, I'm the complete opposite: i.e. I actually watch the fights and understand what I'm watching. In this case, swanson got taken down and controlled for a significant duration of his fight vs dennis fucking siver; he got taken down and submitted by lamas before that, he got taken down and controlled by wec mendes, before chad really honed his striking skills. So my statement that his defensive grappling has left a lot to be desired for years, and his most recent fight just continued that trend, is perfectly accurate, unlike your edgar nut-hugging crusade.

Yes let's do just that.

The bottom line is this.

If you truly believe CM deserves the shot over Frank Edgar NOTHING you ever say can ever be taken seriously.

Of course he deserves a fight more than conor

But it makes no sense for the Ufc as they'll lose $$$

I think Frankie himself recognizes the benefits, for him, of Conor getting the title shot ahead. If Conor loses, he gets the immediate title shot. Aldo's stock increases, and the FW money goes up in general. And he still gets the opportunity to be the first person to dethrone Aldo.

If Aldo loses, he gets a much bigger payday fight with a title shot against McGregor. And arguably, a better match-up for him in terms of style. So (in his mind), he gets a bigger box-office fight and an easier path to the title.

Either way, Frankie benefits by letting McGregor ahead of him in the line.

He doesn't at all in my opinion. He has one really good win and 2 virtual squash matches, and he already lost to Aldo. Another good win or 2 and he'll be there.

Olivera is not joke... he is better than all of Conor's wins minus Poirier, who he has a decent chance at beating these days. You only call that a virtual squash match because Edgar is that good, not his fault. Fact is Conor hasn't beaten a legit top5er and he is getting a title shot (Poirier was artificially bumped up). I don't mind but let's not pretend like he deserves it more than Edgar.

Actually, I'm the complete opposite: i.e. I actually watch the fights and understand what I'm watching. In this case, swanson got taken down and controlled for a significant duration of his fight vs dennis fucking siver; he got taken down and submitted by lamas before that, he got taken down and controlled by wec mendes, before chad really honed his striking skills. So my statement that his defensive grappling has left a lot to be desired for years, and his most recent fight just continued that trend, is perfectly accurate, unlike your edgar nut-hugging crusade.

Swanson was the legit #1 cotender at FW when Frankie beat him. That is a better win than any of Connors. You can say they have weak spots and this or that but Swanson was a great top win by finish regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back