Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

You may well have titled this thread "I'm a McGregor dickrider and that's why I think he should get the shot over Edgar."

It make a lot more sense than the argument you just presented.

Love frankie, favourite fighter possibly of all time.

But ts is right, its connors turn and though the beating he put on cub swanson was amazing, that with the win over bj Penn isnt enough.

I cannot express how much I dislike that mendes is fighting lamas. I really think frankie edgar should have fouht lamas (title eliminator) and mendes should have fought a lower top 10 opponent (oliviera, bremudez, swanson)

The only joke that needs to be put to rest is this hype train.

The key point from your analysis is the TD's of Edgar. You're absolutely right and wish more people would realize this, wrestling is what won him that Swanson fight and it's not good enough to give Aldo trouble.

Frankie fans should WANT Conor to get the first crack. According to them, Frankie will maul Conor. If that's true, and Conor beats Aldo, Frankie fights Conor for the title, not some guy that already beat him.

If Frankie were to lose to Aldo (again), and then Conor beat Aldo, it would be a long road to a THIRD title shot for Frankie. We are looking at an ideal scenario for any future title hopes for Frankie.

I am a massive Frankie fan but I think he's after Conor. Firstly we can all say Conor hasn't beat anyone but none of the other contenders were really fighting each other. Frankie has 1 top ten win over Cub. Lamas has one over Bermudez. Mendes beat guida and lentz who I don't think were top ten. Conor beat Poirier and Siver quite easily and has been on a good win streak. So I think the only reason people don't want to see Conor v Aldo is because they dislike Conor

If you say Edgar should have lost to Maynard, and that he unquestionably lost to Henderson you show how biased you are.

McGregor is the legit #1 contender but there's no reason to denigrate Edgar's achievements.

Well ts you made Edgar's point.

Using the BJ Penn 3 argument is moot. I Dont think anyone could have mauled Penn the way he was mauled in that 3rd fight.

It doesn't matter though he will best the winner of Aldo v Conor.

gsp-frownPNG.png

005_rory_macdonald.0_standard_352.0.jpg

lol

You don't want to bad mouth Edgar, but then go on to say that he "should've lost to Maynard" and arguably lost to Penn the first fight, yet give him no credit for the fact that he did pull off some impressive victories in the rematches. And if we're gonna play the "well he technically should've won/lost" game, you have to recognize that his two fights with Bendo were very close and lots of people scored one or the other for him, usually II.

I don't disagree that Conor's streak is longer and he has more ranked guys as result, but Edgar's win over Cub is better than any win Conor possesses. Either guy could be argued to "deserve" the shot, but Conor is preferred cause Aldo has all ready fought Frankie.

Anyone who knows I am not an Edgar fan. But you're so wrong it's pointless to even argue with you about it. Regardless if you're not interested in a rematch between Frankie and Aldo, Frankie deserves the title shot.

You don't want to bad mouth Edgar, but then go on to say that he "should've lost to Maynard" and arguably lost to Penn the first fight, yet give him no credit for the fact that he did pull off some impressive victories in the rematches. And if we're gonna play the "well he technically should've won/lost" game, you have to recognize that his two fights with Bendo were very close and lots of people scored one or the other for him, usually II.

I don't disagree that Conor's streak is longer and he has more ranked guys as result, but Edgar's win over Cub is better than any win Conor possesses. Either guy could be argued to "deserve" the shot, but Conor is preferred cause Aldo has all ready fought Frankie.

/thread

I dont want to bad mouth Frankie, he is a amazing fighter. But lets take a look at his past fights.

1. Arguably loses to Penn in their first fight.
2. Should have lost to Maynard.
3. Two losses to Bendo.
4. Loss to Aldo.
5. Had a pretty tough fight with Oliveira.
6. Took him 3 rounds to beat Dolce Diet To The Death Zombie Penn.
7. Destroys Cub who had trouble with Dennis Siver in the grappling department.

Do we really want to see this guy in ANOTHER title fight?

Your right...we should put this joke aside...I think Conor should fight Frankie prior to getting a title shot :) If your boy Conor is above Frankie, then I think Conor should have to fight Mendes. If he wins either, then he should get the title shot.

The reason why the UFC wants to give Conor the shot now is because of the hype and they know they can cash in on the fight at this moment in time. When Conor loses, then loses to Edgar, then loses to Mendes, his stock will plummet and he won't be as marketable.

Edgars wins, and losses are far better than any one of Conor's wins...why? Everyone he has fought since getting that title was #1-3 ranked in the world.

is there someone else Aldo can fight next, id like to see Conor and Frankie fight

5 win streak with 4 KO/TKO will get you a title shot in most divisions.

#1 contender bout at least the very least. Don't see what the big deal is.

Only division you might not is WW, because basically every fighter in the top15 at WW is a potential contender, so you need to really stand out for a shot there.

Quality of competition. Frankie beat a guy that also happened to beat Conor's best wins.

Cubs record

96zrqa.jpg

Notice who beat Dustin and Siver (just like Conor, except Cub did it first)
and notice who had 2 top ten wins, maybe three (I don't remember stevens rank)
And notice who finished this fighter in question?

Frankie fucking Edgar.

Your right...we should put this joke aside...I think Conor should fight Frankie prior to getting a title shot :) If your boy Conor is above Frankie, then I think Conor should have to fight Mendes. If he wins either, then he should get the title shot.

The reason why the UFC wants to give Conor the shot now is because of the hype and they know they can cash in on the fight at this moment in time. When Conor loses, then loses to Edgar, then loses to Mendes, his stock will plummet and he won't be as marketable.

Edgars wins, and losses are far better than any one of Conor's wins...why? Everyone he has fought since getting that title was #1-3 ranked in the world.

Thank you. Edgar has been fighting for the title or top 3 for a few years now. How many top 3 has conor faced?? Fuck you're stupid TS

Quality of competition. Frankie beat a guy that also happened to beat Conor's best wins.

Cubs record

96zrqa.jpg

Notice who beat Dustin and Siver (just like Conor, except Cub did it first)
and notice who had 2 top ten wins, maybe three (I don't remember stevens rank)
And notice who finished this fighter in question?

Frankie fucking Edgar.

Don't you come around here making sense and backing it up

Conor hasn't fought anyone top 5. Or a good wrestler so putting McG over Edgar for a title shot is kind of wacky. Frankie beat a lanky striker in Cub in his last fight. I don't think Conor wants anything to do with that style or a wrestler,talking your way to a title shot is crafty but as a legit contender he has a way to go.

The truth is Cub Swanson would be McGregor's best win, that itself speaks volumes but to supplement it even further, the only time Frankie has been convincingly beat since becoming lightweight champ was a close contest with Aldo, it was a clear 3-2 but nonetheless a close contest.

Back