Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

Quality of competition. Frankie beat a guy that also happened to beat Conor's best wins.

Cubs record

96zrqa.jpg

Notice who beat Dustin and Siver (just like Conor, except Cub did it first)
and notice who had 2 top ten wins, maybe three (I don't remember stevens rank)
And notice who finished this fighter in question?

Frankie fucking Edgar.

Poirer took Cub to decision. Cub dropped a round and a half to Siver.

McGregor easily starched Poirer, and Siver looked like he had absolutely no business being in the octagon against McGregor.

McGregor would most likely finish Cub early, is undefeated in the UFC, and has easily finished all of his opponents except one when he tore his ACL and MCL. Edgar has only the single quality FW win.

I'm ok with Conor getting the title shot but I don't think he's a top 5 FW. He's probably 6th.
I'd go:
Aldo
Mendes
Edgar
Lamas
Swanson
McGregor

Conor hasn't fought anyone top 5. Or a good wrestler so putting McG over Edgar for a title shot is kind of wacky. Frankie beat a lanky striker in Cub in his last fight. I don't think Conor wants anything to do with that style or a wrestler,talking your way to a title shot is crafty but as a legit contender he has a way to go.

Dustin was ranked #5 at the time of their bout.

I'm ok with Conor getting the title shot but I don't think he's a top 5 FW. He's probably 6th.
I'd go:
Aldo
Mendes
Edgar
Lamas
Swanson
McGregor

The champion exists outside of the rankings. He is the champion.

McGregor is #5 on your list.

I'd probably favor him against both Swanson and Lamas right now even if he is lower.

Frankie, Mendes, and Aldo especially would be favorites over McGregor.

The champion exists outside of the rankings. He is the champion.

McGregor is #5 on your list.

Yeah I wasn't referring to UFC rankings, I never mentioned rankings. I'm talking about who I think the five best featherweights in the world are.

You people are underestimating the run Cub was on before Edgar stepped in like a brick wall. Based on stregth of schedule, Frankie might deserve the next shot. But the Conor fight will sell more, bring more attention and it's the one I'd rather see, even before he beat Siver.

Well ts you made Edgar's point.

Using the BJ Penn 3 argument is moot. I don't think anyone could have mauled Penn the way he was mauled in that 3rd fight.

It doesn't matter though he will best the winner of Aldo v Conor.

Let's be realistic about the outcomes of Edgar vs. Penn.
1st fight - Penn won that. Robbed by judges.
2nd fight - Edgar won that in a huge way.
3rd fight - Edgar destroyed a cartoon of 18th century boxing.

I seriously feel like even I could have beaten the Penn that faced Edgar in the 3rd fight. I have no f'ing idea what he was doing beyond tippy toeing and eating an epic ass whupping for 3 rounds.

I've been watching since UFC 1 and I've seen some hellaciously stupid shit, but NOTHING like Penn in that 3rd fight.

You call it a joke, I call it delusion. Aldo already beat edgar, and he just beat mendes, a guy that is better than edgar in almost every way. It's time for him to face someone who brings a new set of challenges to the table, and who's done more than enough to get a title shot.

lol. He's getting a shot because Frankie and Aldo already fought. That's the only reason.

It doesn't really matter though, because whether or not Conor wins or loses against Aldo, he'll probably face Frankie within two fights. If he beats Aldo, Frankie is almost assuredly next.

At any point when they meet up Frankie's going to smash him, bruh.

287zyh3.jpg

vs

3499m5v.jpg

I dont want to bad mouth Frankie, he is a amazing fighter. But lets take a look at his past fights.

1. Arguably loses to Penn in their first fight.
2. Should have lost to Maynard.
3. Two losses to Bendo.
4. Loss to Aldo.
5. Had a pretty tough fight with Oliveira.
6. Took him 3 rounds to beat Dolce Diet To The Death Zombie Penn.
7. Destroys Cub who had trouble with Dennis Siver in the grappling department.

Do we really want to see this guy in ANOTHER title fight? It's not like his wrestling has improved to trouble Aldo with considering Aldo still has one of if not the best TDD in the sport. Its not like his striking is any better. The man has peaked and is now getting up their in age.

What will his rematch with Aldo look like? The same as the first. Same old Frankie Edgar fight.

Conor goes in their and makes fights look easy. Torn ACL or not. He's young. He is obsessed with getting better. He is a tactician. He brings elite level striking to challenge Aldo's striking.

All hype and memes aside. You cannot deny that Conor is an elite fighter and you cannot tell me that you would prefer to watch Frankie fight Aldo first.

lol even Conors fans are ducking Frankie now. Your first three points are completely invalid. Especially your first.

Anyone who is still crying about BJ losing to Frankie the first time is a crazy person that needs some sunlight.

lol. He's getting a shot because Frankie and Aldo already fought. That's the only reason.

It doesn't really matter though, because whether or not Conor wins or loses against Aldo, he'll probably face Frankie within two fights. If he beats Aldo, Frankie is almost assuredly next.

At any point when they meet up Frankie's going to smash him, bruh.

If mcgregor beats aldo, there's no reason aldo shouldn't get an instant rematch. In that case, edgar would face the winner of mendes/lamas probably, and I think he loses to either one of those guys.

Cub is a better win than any of Conor's.

Based on what? He's shown a weakness to grappling, and he continued to do so in his most recent fight. If anything, it just proves he was overrated.

Based on what? He's shown a weakness to grappling, and he continued to do so in his most recent fight. If anything, it just proves he was overrated.

But Edgar would most likely do the same to McGregor, does that mean hes overrated??

Poirer took Cub to decision. Cub dropped a round and a half to Siver.

McGregor easily starched Poirer, and Siver looked like he had absolutely no business being in the octagon against McGregor.

McGregor would most likely finish Cub early, is undefeated in the UFC, and has easily finished all of his opponents except one when he tore his ACL and MCL. Edgar has only the single quality FW win.

Cub beat them first. Conor had sloppy seconds.

Conor couldn't finish a 21 year old kid that took the fight on few weeks notice and had a broken foot after the first round.

Let's be realistic about the outcomes of Edgar vs. Penn.
1st fight - Penn won that. Robbed by judges.
2nd fight - Edgar won that in a huge way.
3rd fight - Edgar destroyed a cartoon of 18th century boxing.

I seriously feel like even I could have beaten the Penn that faced Edgar in the 3rd fight. I have no f'ing idea what he was doing beyond tippy toeing and eating an epic ass whupping for 3 rounds.

I've been watching since UFC 1 and I've seen some hellaciously stupid shit, but NOTHING like Penn in that 3rd fight.

In your defense everyone has been watching since UFC 1. Edgar Penn 1 was a damn close fight that could have gone either way. Claiming robbery is asinine. Either fighter could have gotten the nod that night.

Hyperbole aside, zombie BJ Penn from the third fight would still destroy 99.9999999% of the earth population (about 71 people, I did the math)

287zyh3.jpg

vs

3499m5v.jpg

I dont want to bad mouth Frankie, he is a amazing fighter. But lets take a look at his past fights.

1. Arguably loses to Penn in their first fight.
2. Should have lost to Maynard.
3. Two losses to Bendo.
4. Loss to Aldo.
5. Had a pretty tough fight with Oliveira.
6. Took him 3 rounds to beat Dolce Diet To The Death Zombie Penn.
7. Destroys Cub who had trouble with Dennis Siver in the grappling department.

Do we really want to see this guy in ANOTHER title fight? It's not like his wrestling has improved to trouble Aldo with considering Aldo still has one of if not the best TDD in the sport. Its not like his striking is any better. The man has peaked and is now getting up their in age.

What will his rematch with Aldo look like? The same as the first. Same old Frankie Edgar fight.

Conor goes in their and makes fights look easy. Torn ACL or not. He's young. He is obsessed with getting better. He is a tactician. He brings elite level striking to challenge Aldo's striking.

All hype and memes aside. You cannot deny that Conor is an elite fighter and you cannot tell me that you would prefer to watch Frankie fight Aldo first.

Your post is the Joke. Cub is a better win period. Next he can't keep him from a shot because you don't think he has a where to win. Frankie does the same to Conor that he did to Cub. I am a Conor fan but Frankie had the better win.

But Edgar would most likely do the same to McGregor, does that mean hes overrated??

Most likely based on what? Mc-g is bigger, stronger, and more mobile than swanson. We saw siver take swanson down and work on him before gassing late; mcgregor was able to get back up without any difficulties vs the exact same opponent.

Back