Lets put this "Frankie deserves the shot before Conor" joke to rest

If you think Edgar, the fighter with the crispest cleanest boxing in the division, is swatting at air.....then you have no business watching this sport....or any other combat sport for that matter.

Move on already, don't waste normal posters time.

Now you`ve been stupid 2 times in less than hour.

I can`t really make it much clearer but I`ll give it a shot.

Frankie Edgar is a great fighter / Siver is an average fighter

Beating Poirier- Siver- Frankie is an impressive feat.

Beating farm fighters + Brandao - Poirier - Siver could only be a feat if they promote the shit out of clueless people, but they managed to that.

I kept it in short sentences in order to ease your comprehension process.

The fact that you think your writing is "clear" bodes poorly for your relative literacy.

Simply put: Holloway (dominant performance on one leg) + Poirier (dominant KO; the likes of which had never been achieved to that point) + Brandao (dominant KO) + Brimage (dominant KO) + Siver (dominant KO) > Oliveira (scraped by, but won) + Penn (not a relevant win, in the slightest) + Swanson (dominant victory).

I.e., 5-0 with 4 KO victories > 3-0 with one decent victory. Now couple this information with the notion that Frankie has already dropped a fight to Aldo in the past (convincingly). Conclusion? Obvious, isn't it?

If you think Edgar, the fighter with the crispest cleanest boxing in the division, is swatting at air.....then you have no business watching this sport....or any other combat sport for that matter.

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but the individual that is ignorant of the sport they are observing is you (not them). If you think Edgar has the "crispest" and "cleanest" boxing at 145, you are delusional. His striking - through time - has been largely ineffective, his movement predictable (as are his combinations), and he has been seriously hurt by poor strikers.

Yes let's do just that.

The bottom line is this.

If you truly believe CM deserves the shot over Frank Edgar NOTHING you ever say can ever be taken seriously.

I happen to think Conor deserves it more because Frankie already had his shot.

Do I think Frankie is better? Of course I do.

Do I think the quality of Frankie's wins is an order of magnitude better? Of course I do.

However, he already had his kick at this can, and Conor is generating a lot of much-needed buzz for the division. Conor hasn't beaten the same level of guys, but he's looked incredible beating the guys they put in front of him, and they were some pretty good guys.

Frankie had a title shot in 2012 and another in 2013. It's entirely possible he could get one later in 2015.

Does he really need to be the next one at FW?

He could probably just sit and wait for the winner of Conor/Aldo; he would almost certainly get that fight.

lots of pros had Frankie winning either fight.

Edit: Weidman straight up said he was robbed in the rematch.

Weidman, a guy from long-island, sides with Frankie Edgar? No way!

Regardless, the fight has always been clear to me. At a minimum: 3-2 for Benson.

Frankies competition is obviously a far tougher road than McGregors, so ya he deserves it more.

But I'm fine with seeing Conor get the shot first.

There both young, both would be good fights to see so no butthurt either way.

Its hilarious how so many posters here can get so far on either side of the fence...Conor is a fun almost cartoon character who is obviously skilled, and Edgar is the epitome of heart, cardio, and energy...

Either one will be fun to watch.

It's important to note that Frankie was already first.

Weidman, a guy from long-island, sides with Frankie Edgar? No way!

Regardless, the fight has always been clear to me. At a minimum: 3-2 for Benson.

You said no pro thought Edgar won; several did including the current MW champion who dethroned arguably the GOAT. But yeah sure he doesn't count as pro :rolleyes:

You said no pro thought Edgar won; several did including the current MW champion who dethroned arguably the GOAT. But yeah sure he doesn't count as pro :rolleyes:

No, I did not say that. I said that I do not know a single fighter/trainer/the like in real life that scored the fight for Edgar.

Maybe you can point out where I said this.

Thank u TS for posting this I feel the exact same way and Frankie is one of my favorite fighters

I meant first from now...but I get ya.

Good post a couple above you had as well....breath of fresh air in here.

If Frankie hadn't already had a go at Aldo, I'd be 100% behind him being next, no question.

That explains why he was taken to the woodshed in the first round by k-1 maynard, twice :redface:

No, I did not say that. I said that I do not know a single fighter/trainer/the like in real life that scored the fight for Edgar.

Maybe you can point out where I said this.

Well that was my mistake I often read into absurd statements and assume they mean something of value. That comment means absolutely nothing and never deserved to be stated.

I don't know an astrophysicist who thinks that stars exist.

Edit: in case that is over your head, every astrophysicist thinks that stars exist. I've never met one, so my statement is as valid as yours.

Last edited:
Frankie only loses to champions and Gray Maynard that one time. McGregor needs the belt to have a chance.

Hey, Frankie should join team Alpha Male! Bet he'd fit right in.

There isn't a huge difference between the win streaks.

Edgar: Da Bronx-Old Man BJ-Cub
Conor: Diego-Porier-Siver

Sure, Cub is the best win out of the six names but it's not like Frankie's win streak is lightyears better.

Back