Leon Edwards says everyone is turning down fights with him

RDA turning down the fight makes no sense. He accepts bad stylistic matchups all the time, why not fight a guy on a long win streak if you wanna climb back to the top as quickly as possible?
High risk low reward

His last 4 were high risk high reward

Can't blame him

Fighting against nobody makes no money to you unless you are Conor.

I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly masvidal approached Leon with his hands behind his back or something & then stuck him a few times real quick. Instantly Leon was held back so he had no chance to even retaliate.

I’d have to see the video again though. It’s been awhile.
So what you're saying is he got sonned

<{yearp}>

High risk low reward

His last 4 were high risk high reward

Can't blame him

There wasn't much reward in beating Lee. That was kind of just a ....nothing fight in terms of the WW Division.

Literally no one is scared of Leon

Fuck, I’m not scared of Leon and I’m a 400lb sherdog virgin

People are turning down fights with him because he’s a no name

There wasn't much reward in beating Lee. That was kind of just a ....nothing fight in terms of the WW Division.
Well that would be your opinion

There is much to be gained from beating a fighter many in the know view to be a future champion

Even if it doesn't necessarily mean a ton in terms of divisional rankings

Him and Ponzi should stop trying to pick on 5'7 RDA and they should fight each other instead.

Literally no one is scared of Leon

Fuck, I’m not scared of Leon and I’m a 400lb sherdog virgin

People are turning down fights with him because he’s a no name

pics?

Shame he didn't fight Masvidal after getting sucker punched by him. Would have been a good fight.

Hoping Leon's brother comes to the UFC, he looks like a beast.

Leon lost his last fight so why RDA want that fight?

I think UFC should release fighters who turned down the fight as they did to Justin Willis.

i think rda makes sense, it must be too soon for rda tho

that doesnt mean rda is scared lol. hes fought the elite of 2 divisions now

i think rda makes sense, it must be too soon for rda tho

that doesnt mean rda is scared lol. hes fought the elite of 2 divisions now

IMO that's a bad argument in these types of discussion. Everyone wants to fight the elite. Nobody wants to risk losing to some no-name bum which tends to happen far too often in MMA to be worth the risk most of the time. There's nothing virtuous or brave about only fighting top ranked guys. If anything, that's cowardly and leads to a kind of good old boys network springing up which makes it even harder for lower ranked fighters to get a decent opponent.

Since RDA is the most annoying human being I've ever seen, I'm on the Edwards side.

He's being picky and refusing anyone lower ranked than him, which is understandable considering his win streak, but he can't be surprised when the guys ranked higher than him also refuse to fight lower ranked guys.
RDA just fought unranked Kevin Lee. The logic says, he has to level up in competition now and accept #11 Leon Edwards, who by the way, deserves a top 10 shot.

RDA just fought unranked Kevin Lee. The logic says, he has to level up in competition now and accept #11 Leon Edwards, who by the way, deserves a top 10 shot.

UFC logic says no such thing. Edwards and ponzi should fight.

Y'all goofy for thinking him getting cheap shotted means anything. Yeah it was funny but not only would Leon beat Masvidal pretty easily, he'd beat the majority of top 10 welterweights.
It means something. No one wants to lose to Goatsvidal's bitch.

Got anything besides lame jokes? At least you didnt talk about that Chicken wing and Pina colada joke.

It's pretty sad if WW's are ducking him. Him vs Ponz would be good but I am sure Ponz wouldnt want to face him as well. Ponz is retired I believe lol
Who's joking?

I mean it doesn't surprise me

He's a good fighter that has barely any hype behind him, very high risk low reward for anyone to take

Y'all goofy for thinking him getting cheap shotted means anything. Yeah it was funny but not only would Leon beat Masvidal pretty easily, he'd beat the majority of top 10 welterweights.

He got smacked up and cried like a girl.

Back