Leon Edwards says everyone is turning down fights with him

The guy is on a 0 win streak, 8-2 in his last 10 with the loss being a close deicison to the champ Usman and getting a 3 piece from Masvidal, yet he's struggling to get fights :eek: I think he's pretty underrated, beat Gunnar and even out grappled him, beat Cerrone comfortably, beat Luque who has been a killer since that loss and I think he gave Usman one of his toughest fights to date. RDA ducking him so he should get Lawler or Wonderboy
Fixed

asd3.jpg

RDA just fought for the third time in like a year, sorry Leon that he doesn't want to interrup his well deserved break to fight someone below him in the rankings.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

They are turning you down Leon because you are boring as fuck!

Y'all goofy for thinking him getting cheap shotted means anything. Yeah it was funny but not only would Leon beat Masvidal pretty easily, he'd beat the majority of top 10 welterweights.

Do you actually read the garbage you type or you trollin?

LMAO Edwards was turning down WB before he got the Pettis fight made.

Accusing fighters of ducking when you do some ducking yourself is pathetic.

Leon is coming off a split stinker with a low-ranked opponent. His previous fight with Cerrone was also a pretty straight forward sparring session on his behalf.

People aren't excited about Leon because he hasn't done anything to be of interest. Point fighting will move you slowly up the ranks but it won't make marquee name fighters jump at the opportunity to sign.

I want to get his "that's assault" ringtone on my phone.

He's in a tough spot.

Good enough that he's a dangerous fight for top ranked guys but doesn't have the name value yet.

3-piece and a soda aside (love the memes btw), he has been an overlooked contender for a long time. He just handily defeated Gunnar Nelson in every aspect of the fight. His last defeat was a competitive fight against Usman in 2015. He, along with Vincente Luque, have been far under the radar. Had he not lost to Akhmedov and been going through sexual assault allegations, I'd include Abdul Razak Alhasan among such overlooked fighters in the division as well.

The guy is on a 7 win streak, 9-1 in his last 10 with the loss being a close deicison to the champ Usman, yet he's struggling to get fights :eek: I think he's pretty underrated, beat Gunnar and even out grappled him, beat Cerrone comfortably, beat Luque who has been a killer since that loss and I think he gave Usman one of his toughest fights to date. RDA ducking him so he should get Lawler or Wonderboy
RDA ducks no one!

He's being picky and refusing anyone lower ranked than him, which is understandable considering his win streak, but he can't be surprised when the guys ranked higher than him also refuse to fight lower ranked guys.
If the rankings had anything to do with actual rankings and the fights were based off of those rankings then they would have a little better argument, I agree.

UFC logic says no such thing. Edwards and Ponzi should fight.
I think Leon vs Till or WB makes sense. Till is on a two-fight losing streak and all finished losses so he should take a step down and fight a non top 5 while Leon is on a 7 fight win streak and he deserves the fight and if Leon wins he shoots up the ranks while if Till wins he gains confidence in beating somebody only Usman beat and was on a huge win streak prior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back