Lawler refusing Mike Perry fight & UFC won’t give him Niko Price - UPDATE: Niko wants the contracts

It really is, why does everything have to be about "Oh he hasn't earned it" and shit like that, that only plays a part when competing for a title because you EARN that shot.

A random regular fight for no reason other than it will be an absolute beast of a fight does NOT need to be earned by either of the fighters, they are doing it for the fans as well as adding a fantastic fight under their belts in their records and highlight reels too when they hang up their gloves.

It's not like Robbie Lawler or Mike Perry are competing for a title right now, sure Lawlers in the rankings and what not but he's just there to take on the fights while the fighters climb the rankings and because he's good, Perry's not cause he goes in and doesn't give a shit whether he wins or loses but puts on fantastic fights and when push comes to shove that's what UFC (MMA) is about (putting on the best fights).

This matches up perfectly and as I say, there's a reason Mike Perry has constantly expressed how he wants this fight, so let them have it and let them bring us that awesome fight for the fans.

It will bring out the best in both of them win or lose and a win/win for the fans in general.

I totally agree Man. And to be honest it’s the same fans complaining here that complain about the BMF belt. An awesome fight between guys that want to bang. Yet they are complaining about it even though the belt means nothing and it’s just a fun fight. They prefer nate and masvidal don’t fight just because of the “BMF” thing. Think about that for a second. a possible FOTY candidate is something they would pass on because of the gimmick attached to it. people constantly complaining about fighters not fighting enough then bashing the ones who will bang it out with anyone at any time? Wtf?

Lawler has a fight with Ponz coming up,Luque has a fight with Wonderboy coming up,and Niko just fought.On Sherdog it must be around 3% of members that actually check upcoming fights,laziest forum members on earth.

lol even more irony added after your edit.

"On Sherdog it must be around 3% of members that actually check upcoming fights,laziest forum members on earth"

12th October - Ponz fight cancelled (you're 2 weeks behind dude, you haven't checked up for 2 weeks): https://www.mmamania.com/2019/10/12...-fight-ufc-245-usman-covington-espn-mma-vegas

Niko fight, Mike (or anyone) never said a date, they're talking "Next Fight".

Luque fight, no one is talking about a potential fight with Luque in the discussion.

Lawler fight, Mike said he'd step in a few weeks ago when Ponz was taken out of the fight.

You're lazy dude, you're definitely not one of the 3% who checks up on up and coming fights.

Damn, the laziest forum member on earth.

If Robbie's not careful, he's gonna end up in a fight with Leon Edwards and run his losing streak to 4

I totally agree Man. And to be honest it’s the same fans complaining here that complain about the BMF belt. An awesome fight between guys that want to bang. Yet they are complaining about it even though the belt means nothing and it’s just a fun fight. They prefer nate and masvidal don’t fight just because of the “BMF” thing. Think about that for a second. a possible FOTY candidate is something they would pass on because of the gimmick attached to it. people constantly complaining about fighters not fighting enough then bashing the ones who will bang it out with anyone at any time? Wtf?

Ah yeah, that BMF belt really is nothing, Dana has said a million times it's just a thing to add and for them to take home and beside it was the media and the fans initially that pushed that and got the rolling, it just took a life of it's own and Dana suggested it which people loved, people read way too much into that, it's not even going to be defended (if it does then it's a change of idea as for now he's said even recently it's not).

It's like, all that is is something for them to take home and remind them of the fight they won that night, think of it as a trophy, a medal, whatever, that's it, you don't even have to notice it's there but even so, it's not really a bad thing, just lighten up and a bit of fun after the fight and something that Nate or Masvidal can say "I'm the baddest mother fucker see" in jest or whatever after the fight.

They complained about The Rock being there too which is ridiculous, anyone with half a brain would know how good that is for the UFC and the attention it will get even more so (where it wouldn't normally have), plus Rock is a legit fan and has been for years and he wants to be there so hell yeah, if I was The Rock I'd want to too lol

The irony, the Ponz fight has been cancelled about 2 weeks ago lol

You need to check fights mate.

Tapology is usually on point
lol even more irony added after your edit.

"On Sherdog it must be around 3% of members that actually check upcoming fights,laziest forum members on earth"

12th October - Ponz fight cancelled (you're slow dude): https://www.mmamania.com/2019/10/12...-fight-ufc-245-usman-covington-espn-mma-vegas

Niko fight, Mike (or anyone) never said a date, they're talking "Next Fight".

Luque fight, no one is talking about a potential fight with Luque in the discussion.

Lawler fight, Mike said he'd step in a few weeks ago when Ponz was taken out of the fight.

You're lazy dude, you're definitely not one of the 3% who checks up on up and coming fights.

Damn, the laziest forum member on earth.

What edit?I added sherdog forum members are lazy,I didn't delete anything dummy.I checked Tapalogy,it's generally on point but they still have that fight on so that was my bad and people have been bringing up Luque.I have been out of state for work without internet,I am totally out of the loop,I concede to that but it still doesn't change the fact Sherdog members in general suck at checking anything before spamming threads.

I mean this respectfully (not sarcastic or anything) but do you know how long Mike has been specifically calling Lawler out? Since his debut in 2016 he wanted to fight Robbie Lawler and this really is because he knows this is exactly the kind of fight for him that will bring that absolute dog fight for the fans.

You can reel off names all day and various fighters but there is something about Robbie Lawler and Mike Perry clashing that would just be awesome, there's a reason Mike has really wanted this fight for so long.

Have a watch here (I've time stamped it for you) :)

He's been calling him out since 2016.

Honestly, it would just be a fight for the fans, nothing more, nothing less :)

Oh I know how long Perry has been calling him out but that doesn't mean it makes any sense. On top of being a champion Robbie has been in the very best WW title fights in the UFC's history back to back. Perry hasn't done anything close to that and Perry can't even get a win streak going! Nick was calling out GSP for years as well and when the UFC finally caved and made the match, we still got a boring fight. I'm sure Robbie and Perry wouldn't be as boring but the point is they are in different leagues even with Robbie's string of losses and the fight is of little value to Robbie.

Tapology is usually on point

What edit?I added sherdog forum members are lazy,I didn't delete anything dummy.I checked Tapalogy,it's generally on point but they still have that fight on so that was my bad and people have been bringing up Luque.I have been out of state for work without internet,I am totally out of the loop,I concede to that but it still doesn't change the fact Sherdog members in general suck at checking anything before spamming threads.

Dude it's just you had a dig at everyone with your response and the irony was you were out over them.

The forum members might do but it really did seem like you were having a dig at everyone (and you don't need to call people dummy's either), I mean I'm not the one who looked silly just then.

And I didn't say you deleted anything, I said after your edit, meaning the additional bit you added making it even worse.

That's the irony you calling forum members laziest forum members on earth for not checking up fights because Lawler had a fight booked already and here's you that didn't even check up on why the conversation is a thing right now for a fight that was cancelled on the 12th or something.

I never use Tapology but maybe if this is the case you might want to think of a different source if they're still saying a fight that was cancelled already is still on when there's been a lot about Mike Perry stepping in since.

Even Chael did a video about it, I'm not having a go at you dude (absolutely not) but it's just you were calling forum members lazy and there was so much wrong in the post you mentioned (the Niko fight has never been a fight they've said anytime soon as we know he's just fought) and Luque has only been mentioned because of how good Mike looked in that fight (nothing about any potential fight with Luque).

Anyway it's cool, I'm pretty sure I'll make mistakes like that at times too so it's not a diss but you know, it's just how you said about being the 3% of people who must check on fights and calling the rest of the forum lazy lol :)

Last edited:
Easy win for Lawler. He should take it. Get back on track, but it is beneath him at this point.

Oh I know how long Perry has been calling him out but that doesn't mean it makes any sense. On top of being a champion Robbie has been in the very best WW title fights in the UFC's history back to back. Perry hasn't done anything close to that and Perry can't even get a win streak going! Nick was calling out GSP for years as well and when the UFC finally caved and made the match, we still got a boring fight. I'm sure Robbie and Perry wouldn't be as boring but the point is they are in different leagues even with Robbie's string of losses and the fight is of little value to Robbie.

I don't know man, Perry is of value to Lawler I reckon, he's not seen as a joke, he's looked good against Luque, I mean if Perry can fight Luque who's in the rankings why not Lawler who I think is just a place above Luque at the moment (I think 13th and Luque 14).

But again, it's just not that deep, it'll just be a great fight and Lawler isn't exactly fighting for anything really either so why not, it's been wanted a long time by a lot of fans and Mike himself so that's enough reason I reckon.

To be honest if you asked me who I'd like to see Lawler fight before he hangs up his gloves the first person that would come to me would be Mike Perry too, simply because I wanna see what it delivers.

Robbie doesn’t want to murder a guy in the octagon

What ever happened to that kid Alex Reyes that the UFC brought in for Platinum to feast upon?

Niko has them pointy shoulders, Lawler needs to beware..

76c17e8a93a63d3e57291672eee11410.gif

Cant blame Robbie
He's is just scared of the knock out artist in Mike Platinum

I don't care if Perry is knocking out fat Hawaiians in the parking lot of an Applebee's, you can bet your ass I'm gonna tune in. Dude can scrap and he is tough as fucking nails. C'mon, Robbie. Don't be scared homie.

Back