Lawler refusing Mike Perry fight & UFC won’t give him Niko Price - UPDATE: Niko wants the contracts

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would actually like to see this fight, it's not about rankings but giving a good fight for the fans which I still reckon we'd get.

Mike has been calling out Lawler since his debut in 2016 so you know this is just about a good fight because no matter where Lawler has been Mike has wanted the fight, Lawler is without an opponent for 245 in December and Mike offered to step in.

Mike tweeted this earlier.

------------------

Edit: For those who want to watch, looks like they have a bit of history as well as the fact Niko wants this so if the fans want it too I'm sure the UFC will make the fight.

Last edited:
From a guy that has never won a fight.

Time for the D league Perry.

Mike Perry is not a very good fighter.

Perry vs Nico would be nasty, I even believe Niko might KO Perry

Lawler ducking Perry confirmed.

Since he lost a few fights and his annoying fan club shut up, I've actually started enjoying Mike Perry, both as a fighter and as a person.

He's not great, but he's a fun fighter, and he's tough as hell. The Luque fight impressed me.

Some of these comments man, Mike might not have the most consistent record and might not be the guy who climbs the rankings and wins titles but the dude comes to fight and always puts on entertaining fights.

The Lawler vs Perry fight would be awesome and the Niko fight I'd be down for also.

Some of these comments man, Mike might not have the most consistent record and might not be the guy who climbs the rankings and wins titles but the dude comes to fight and always puts on entertaining fights.

The Lawler vs Perry fight would be awesome and the Niko fight I'd be down for also.
I'm down for pretty much any Perry fight. Perry vs Price would be crazy.

You guys are bitter bums. (the guys hating on Perry)
Mike Perry might not be a world-beater but he's DAMN entertaining and always brings the fight.
How you guys can shit on him for that is incredible to me, you'd rather watch Leon Scott (Edwards) point-fight his way to a decision?

Perry vs Price is the fight to make imo.

Lawler just needs to be fed a bum, then retire.

They should make Platinum vs Maverick, or Platinum vs RDA.

^many suckers hating on Perry, he always has good fights.

I'm down for pretty much any Perry fight. Perry vs Price would be crazy.

Yeah same, look at the fight he put on with Luque too, whenever Mike Perry is on the card I want to watch.

I couldn't care about if he's in the rankings or not or winning titles or whatever, he's just a great entertaining fighter and more entertaining than some of the guys in the rankings.

You guys are bitter bums. (the guys hating on Perry)
Mike Perry might not be a world-beater but he's DAMN entertaining and always brings the fight.
How you guys can shit on him for that is incredible to me, you'd rather watch Leon Edwards point-fight his way to a decision?

Ain't it, I'm actually surprised there's been some comments like that when you consider Mike is such an entertaining fighter, as I said above who cares if he's ranked or winning titles he puts on great fights every time.

Perry should first start winning fights.

He should win fights to get a fight? Seems kinda paradoxical to me.
How can he win a fight when he doesn't get one?

Lawler has 3 losses in a row, it's not like it's unfair to Lawler to give him Perry.

I actually really want to see Mike Perry vs Michel Pereira. The fight would be guaranteed fireworks and Perry would get a highlight reel KO.

Robbie isn't saying "no" he's still bobbing and weaving from the Colby fight so it looks like he's shaking his head.
youtube-head-movement.jpg

Lawler is close to retirement he doesnt want those brain damages at this point of his career.
Wise

He should win fights to get a fight? Seems kinda paradoxical to me.
How can he win a fight when he doesn't get one?

Lawler has 3 losses in a row, it's not like it's unfair to Lawler to give him Perry.

I know, besides he won a fight in April and he beat Felder not that long ago but who cares, he fights and really goes in too whenever he does.

I mean .... time stamped.

Back