Lawler refusing Mike Perry fight & UFC won’t give him Niko Price - UPDATE: Niko wants the contracts

Where's the hashtags, dork? Where are the threads? The other posters? There were at least 20 of you making Mike Perry fanclub threads and posts. It's dead and has been for a long time.

<TrumpWrong1>

They should make Platinum vs Maverick, or Platinum vs RDA.

^many suckers hating on Perry, he always has good fights.

RDA takes him down and taps him pretty easily I think, I don't think that's a good opponent for Mike.

Lawler vs Perry is a good fight - they should really force this match up.

Lawler isn't looking great lately; seemingly aged overnight against Colby. Looked very slow and tentative, but being wary of the TD will do that. However, Lawler has sort of been known to nullify wrestling well and still have output, so yeah, Perry would be a good fight to see if he's still elite. If he's still in good form, he should absolutely pummel Mike.

You guys are bitter bums. (the guys hating on Perry)
Mike Perry might not be a world-beater but he's DAMN entertaining and always brings the fight.
How you guys can shit on him for that is incredible to me, you'd rather watch Leon Scott (Edwards) point-fight his way to a decision?

Perry vs Price is the fight to make imo.

Price too well rounded and too athletic, and moves too light, for the heavy footed Perry he much better battering Robbie who would stand there and take beats, imo...

Good fight for the fans I think, TS.
Robbie is at #8 and Perry not sure, but fuck rankings. Ponz is fringe top 10, but even Perry wherever would be a fun fight. Robbie is still there but i don't see him getting rematches with RDA or asscream. Edwards might take Mas if he wins, unless they give Mas the shot. And he's fighting a fringe top 10. So ranking is nothing, plus who knows how long Robbie will fight say he loses his next.
I'm with the Perry fight. War Ruthless though.
How bout Nate if he wins?

Even UFC's commentators love Mike Perry and the Platinum Nation:

4z59eVlJeaqd.jpg
I laughed at this because Anik is such a nerd. He definitely can't pull off ebonics.

Anyway, I don't see how Lawler is so above a Perry fight at this point. Seems like a fun match-up and neither one is gonna be a champ going forward.

Lawler vs Perry is a good fight - they should really force this match up.

Lawler isn't looking great lately; seemingly aged overnight against Colby. Looked very slow and tentative, but being wary of the TD will do that. However, Lawler has sort of been known to nullify wrestling well and still have output, so yeah, Perry would be a good fight to see if he's still elite. If he's still in good form, he should absolutely pummel Mike.

I think the key part you mentioned was when you said "being wary of the TD will do that", it's easy for us to write off fighters but it wasn't that long ago where Lawler surprised us with the way he unleashed on Askren with the blows before the slam, a lot of us felt like "Wow, that's the Lawler we know" and it showed it still has it in him, the Colby fight didn't stylistically bring that out which is something I think the Perry fight would more than anything.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate Mike either, I mean he looked great against Luque who is a killer, he was winning that fight before the knee so tie that with Lawler and what we know he can bring well ...

4qa5.gif

Good fight for the fans I think, TS.
Robbie is at #8 and Perry not sure, but fuck rankings. Ponz is fringe top 10, but even Perry wherever would be a fun fight. Robbie is still there but i don't see him getting rematches with RDA or asscream. Edwards might take Mas if he wins, unless they give Mas the shot. And he's fighting a fringe top 10. So ranking is nothing, plus who knows how long Robbie will fight say he loses his next.
I'm with the Perry fight. War Ruthless though.
How bout Nate if he wins?

Yeah, I don't think Perry is even ranked but it's one of those things where it doesn't matter, it's not like Lawler is at the top or is he really competing for a title shot (sure he's in the ranking so technically we can say he is but not really) and it really is just one of those fights for the fans.

I mean Perry has been calling Lawler out ever since he made his debut in 2016, it's never been a fight Perry has wanted to put him up in the rankings or whatever because no matter where Lawler has been he has wanted this fight, simply because he knows stylistically what the fight will bring and it will be fireworks.

You pretty much nailed it though in regards to where Robbie is and the options he has too, this fight has to happen at least before he hangs up his gloves, surely, it would be a shame if we never got to see this fight.

Some of these comments man, Mike might not have the most consistent record and might not be the guy who climbs the rankings and wins titles but the dude comes to fight and always puts on entertaining fights.

The Lawler vs Perry fight would be awesome and the Niko fight I'd be down for also.

new snowflake millennial fans don’t care about guys who are just down to fight and are entertaining. Sad

U guys must not be watching fights , Mike literally has been improving every fight . Literally. We seen lateral movement in his last fight . Ole boy he lost too , Just is very good . He’s been on a tear .

why does robbie need to bother with a bumb like Perry?

new snowflake millennial fans don’t care about guys who are just down to fight and are entertaining. Sad

It really is, why does everything have to be about "Oh he hasn't earned it" and shit like that, that only plays a part when competing for a title because you EARN that shot.

A random regular fight for no reason other than it will be an absolute beast of a fight does NOT need to be earned by either of the fighters, they are doing it for the fans as well as adding a fantastic fight under their belts in their records and highlight reels too when they hang up their gloves.

It's not like Robbie Lawler or Mike Perry are competing for a title right now, sure Lawlers in the rankings and what not but he's just there to take on the fights while the fighters climb the rankings and because he's good, Perry's not cause he goes in and doesn't give a shit whether he wins or loses but puts on fantastic fights and when push comes to shove that's what UFC (MMA) is about (putting on the best fights).

This matches up perfectly and as I say, there's a reason Mike Perry has constantly expressed how he wants this fight, so let them have it and let them bring us that awesome fight for the fans.

It will bring out the best in both of them win or lose and a win/win for the fans in general.

Lawler has a fight with Ponz coming up,Luque has a fight with Wonderboy coming up,and Niko just fought.On Sherdog it must be around 3% of members that actually check upcoming fights,laziest forum members on earth.

Perry hasn’t KO’ed anyone out in over 2 years.

U guys must not be watching fights , Mike literally has been improving every fight . Literally. We seen lateral movement in his last fight . Ole boy he lost too , Just is very good . He’s been on a tear .
TBH Luque would probably beat Lawler at this point too.

Lawler has a fight with Ponz coming up,Luque has a fight with Wonderboy coming up,and Niko just fought.On Sherdog is must be around 3% of members that actually check upcoming fights.

The irony, the Ponz fight has been cancelled about 2 weeks ago lol

You need to check fights mate.

Back