Lawler refusing Mike Perry fight & UFC won’t give him Niko Price - UPDATE: Niko wants the contracts

You sure had a lot to talk about when you idiots still believed he was more than an average fighter. Platinum nation is dead and I'm laughing at it's corpse.

we right here watching you dorks get triggered
The nation never dies SON
Platinum loves you

You sure had a lot to talk about when you idiots still believed he was more than an average fighter. Platinum nation is dead and I'm laughing at it's corpse.

Dude, I wouldn't even necessarily call myself a Mike Perry fan but I damn sure love to see him fight!

Did you see the fight with Luque, shit hot, dude got his nose smashed and loved it, he comes to fight and was smashing it in the fight before that knee to his nose and was still fighting like a beast after.

Every time Mike Perry is added to a card automatically it spices that event up, we already know we've got a good fight and a war here when Mike is added to the card.

As a fan of MMA and great fights I love to see Mike fight and you know what, dude's damn entertaining outside of that too which is just a bonus.

You don't have to like the dude but to say he doesn't bring some of the best and most entertaining fights is silly, soon as he's added to a card you will find the majority of people are talking about it and looking forward to his specific fight that night.

When Mike Perry is on a card you can guarantee 9 times out of 10 when you ask an MMA fan which fights they are looking forward to, Mike's is among that list guaranteed more times than not.

Dude comes to fight, win or lose it doesn't matter, he fights and he entertains and that's it, that's what MMA fans (on a whole) love to see.

Good entertaining fighters who come to fight and put on a fight for the fans and Mike Perry is one of them.

Why does he have to do something to deserve it? What about the fact him and Lawler would match up fantastically well and bring a fantastic fight for the fans?

Why is it always down to "He hasn't earned it" shit all the time, it's not like they're fighting for a title (something that IS earned), this is just two guys who will fight and that's it.

You could say that about many fighters "What has ___ done to earn a fight with ___", sometimes fights are just GOOD to have and this is one of them.

Doesn't have to be earned, if that was the case we'd miss out on even more fights if that's constantly how it was.
I don't care to see Robbie/Perry and how do they match up fantastically exactly? One uses punches, kicks, knees, elbows, pivots, bobs and weaves. The other throws sloppy hooks and clinches against the fence. Robbie is in a slump but he hasn't fallen that hard where he has to be facing a fighter who is 6-5 in the UFC. You want Plastic to fight someone who is a name? He can face Matt Brown or Thiago Alves.

I don't care to see Robbie/Perry and how do they match up fantastically exactly? One uses punches, kicks, knees, elbows, pivots, bobs and weaves. The other throws sloppy hooks and clinches against the fence. Robbie is in a slump but he hasn't fallen that hard where he has to be facing a fighter who is 6-5 in the UFC. You want Plastic to fight someone who is a name? He can face Matt Brown or Thiago Alves.

They both come to smash each other like crazy, that's all you need to know.

Let Chael explain, unless you don't want to take on his points either (it gets tedious explaining all the time).

Edit: and by the way it's nothing to do with wanting Perry to fight someone who's a name, no one gives a fuck about that and Perry's a name in his own right anyway so that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I didn't even remember that awful fanclub until the other poster brought it up. That's how short-lived it was. You're just triggered because it failed.

Its not a fan club bro, it’s a lifestyle

is WMMA more your thing?

we right here watching you dorks get triggered
The nation never dies SON
Platinum loves you

Where's the hashtags, dork? Where are the threads? The other posters? There were at least 20 of you making Mike Perry fanclub threads and posts. It's dead and has been for a long time.

Since he lost a few fights and his annoying fan club shut up, I've actually started enjoying Mike Perry, both as a fighter and as a person.

He's not great, but he's a fun fighter, and he's tough as hell. The Luque fight impressed me.
I thought he looked greatly improved in that fight. Too bad he was fighting a legit killer. Perry from the Luque fight would avenge some of his prior losses.

I thought he looked greatly improved in that fight. Too bad he was fighting a legit killer. Perry from the Luque fight would avenge some of his prior losses.

Yeah and he was doing really well in that fight too until the knee which is what is debated about being the deciding factor in the decision.

I would actually like to see this fight, it's not about rankings but giving a good fight for the fans which I still reckon we'd get.

Mike has been calling out Lawler since his debut in 2016 so you know this is just about a good fight because no matter where Lawler has been Mike has wanted the fight, Lawler is without an opponent for 245 in December and Mike offered to step in.

Mike tweeted this earlier.

I think Perry could win this fight. Lawler has looked terrible lately except smashing Askren on his head.
960x0.jpg

I think Perry could win this fight. Lawler has looked terrible lately except smashing Askren on his head.
960x0.jpg

Yeah, I think the fight matches up well for them too, I mean Perry's not going to really submit Lawler like Askren did, they're going to stand and bang so that we know we're going to get.

I think Lawler would really bring it with Mike too, I know he's had the couple of losses recently but like with the Askren fight when Lawler unleashed on him before the slam we saw the Lawler we know and love and that was brutal.

Tie that in with Mike Perry and we're going to get a dog fight.

Both of those fights would be barn burners. And I’m fans of all of them.

Perry is really underrated. Other than the cerrone fight. He lost really close decisions and he’s getting better every fight.

Both of those fights would be barn burners. And I’m fans of all of them.

Perry is really underrated. Other than the cerrone fight. He lost really close decisions and he’s getting better every fight.

100%, absolutely agree with you :)

They both come to smash each other like crazy, that's all you need to know.

Let Chael explain, unless you don't to take on his points either (it gets tedious explaining all the time).

Edit: and by the way it's nothing to do with wanting Perry to fight someone who's a name, no one gives a fuck about that and Perry's a name in his own right anyway so that's just ridiculous.

Matt Brown, Thiago Alves, Bryan Barberena, Jordan Mein and Tim Means all do the same. I don't understand why it has to be Robbie if no one cares about the name.

Matt Brown, Thiago Alves, Bryan Barberena, Jordan Mein and Tim Means all do the same. I don't understand why it has to be Robbie if no one cares about the name.

I mean this respectfully (not sarcastic or anything) but do you know how long Mike has been specifically calling Lawler out? Since his debut in 2016 he wanted to fight Robbie Lawler and this really is because he knows this is exactly the kind of fight for him that will bring that absolute dog fight for the fans.

You can reel off names all day and various fighters but there is something about Robbie Lawler and Mike Perry clashing that would just be awesome, there's a reason Mike has really wanted this fight for so long.

Have a watch here (I've time stamped it for you) :)

He's been calling him out since 2016.

Honestly, it would just be a fight for the fans, nothing more, nothing less :)

Huge Lawler fan but at this stage in his career, he's in no place to refuse fights and just needs a win. Bad matchup for Lawler if he stands as Perry is basically a young version of himself. Lawler can win this fight fairly easy if he takes Perry down.

Huge Lawler fan but at this stage in his career, he's in no place to refuse fights and just needs a win. Bad matchup for Lawler if he stands as Perry is basically a young version of himself. Lawler can win this fight fairly easy if he takes Perry down.

Yeah, it would be a great fight and I do feel Lawler is being a little underrated lately too, I mean we saw him unleash on Askren so we know it's there.

This fight would be tailored for Lawler to unleash that even more so, Mike isn't going to go all bulldog choke on him they're going to stand and fight and it would be a war.

Mike Perry is not a very good fighter.
Neither is Lawler anymore. Mike Perry, Niko Price, Brazilian Cowboy is the level of competition Robbie should be fighting from now on.

Robbie needs a showcase fight. He hasn't been looking good lately. I say he should take this fight and add some highlight reel footage to his collection.

If he can't beat Perry, he should call it a career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back