Lawler refusing Mike Perry fight & UFC won’t give him Niko Price - UPDATE: Niko wants the contracts

The fight doesn't make sense for Robbie.

I like Perry. He gives us 3 fights a year. Win or lose.

In what world does face tat Perry deserve a fight with Robbie? Seriously? I know a bunch of dorks on this site love to ride Perry's balls, but for fuck sakes who has he ever beat to deserve a fight with a former champ who has beaten the best of the best. Who has Perry ever beat? Every fight I remember seeing him in he has gotten tuned up. And people wonder why the sport is on life support....
Would you say the same about somebody deserving to fight BJ Penn at this point? Lawler is on the downslope of his career, fresh off getting outboxed by Colby fucking Covington for Christ's sake.

The guys lost 4 of his last 6 but yeah he definitely deserves a top 15 opponent.

Not like there are actual contenders winning fights that should come before him.

Lol what?? A guy in the top 20 doesnt deserve to fight someone in the top 15???

Amazing logic there bud, sure its going to take you places, i expect big things from you in the life...

What has Perry ever done to deserve a fight with Robbie?
What the hell has done Robbie lately besides losing 3 in a row and not winning a fight in 2 and a half years?

Robbie should be unranked at this point.

All this talk about deserving a fight (again) between two fighters who aren't even fighting for a title anyway, that's where you deserve fights, you know getting that title shot.

Robbie Lawler is not in a place right now where that is a thing, do you think Kron Gracie deserved a fight with Cub Swanson? Cub took that fight for Kron basically to give him a chance, not everything has to be earned you know, it's stupid.

Sometimes good fights need to happen and this is one of them, if we forever continued to debate the whole "Oh he hasn't earned it" not only will we go round in circles because people will have a different take but we'll also miss out on loads of potential big fights.

Yes, Lawler has fought and beaten some of the best of the best but so has Cub Swanson, they're not chasing titles right now and neither is Mike Perry so the fight would just be because it would be a great fight for the fans and that is more than a good enough reason for it to happen and a good way for Robbie Lawler to go out (if this happened to be one of his later fights).

Not every fight has to be "earned", specially in this stage in their careers for both of them in different ways (Robbie cause he's winding down and Mike because he's not a contender).

Stop the "He hasn't earned it" shit with every fighter as part of an excuse to discredit a fight, sometimes fights are just good to happen and that's a damn good reason on it's own.

Besides Lawler is only 2 places out from being unranked if you really want to go there so he's hardly at the top is he?

No one:

Page 1: AlL yOu GuYs LeAvE MiKe PeRrY aLoNe He Is A fUn FiGhTeR hE iS sO tOuGh

What the fuck is top 20. Last i checked the rankings go up to 15

At least learn to refute my points if you're gonna act this smug. Right now you just look retarded

Lol wait, You think if your not in the top 15 your unranked??

Which lends to a bigger question, if everyone outside of the top 15 is unranked, than technically everyones tied at #16. Which means your arguing that a #16 does deserve to fighr the #13 who is on a 3 fight skid....

If Robbie wants to get back in the conversation, fighting a guy that's 2-4 in his last 6 isn't a good way. Honestly, I'd be a step backwards for Niko too. Perry needs to fight someone like Tim Means.

If Robbie wants to get back in the conversation, fighting a guy that's 2-4 in his last 6 isn't a good way. Honestly, I'd be a step backwards for Niko too. Perry needs to fight someone like Tim Means.

In what conversation? He's not aiming for a title shot :)

All Lawler wants to do is put on great fights and get better again and if that takes him towards a title shot as a result of this then sure but right now he's not interested in being in that conversation.

If that's what you mean of course :)

Wasn't lawler being a drama queen that time Woodley pulled out recently? I remember him turning down a ton of fights back then too

Lol at people calling Perry a bum while being fans of guys like Hunt and mike brown etc

Counter punching KO of Who? Hyun Gyu Lim
Knee from clinch to GNP KO of Glass jawed Danny Roberts
Standing elbow KO of Old Jake Ellenberger
Knee from clinch KO of LW Alex Reyes

and did you watch the Muay Thai clinic he put on Felder? or the head movement and skills shown vs Luque?

can only throw sloppy hooks though, riiiiiiiiight.
Just putting truth on your list their. You are welcome.

What the hell has done Robbie lately besides losing 3 in a row and not winning a fight in 2 and a half years?

Robbie should be unranked at this point.
Robbie's still fighting the top 5 guys. What the hell has Perry done to deserve a fight with Robbie?? He can't even get a win streak going lol.

Lawler has literally nothing to gain from this fight.

Jobby lawler can’t afford to lose to a gatekeeper like perry. He doesn’t want to risk it. It doesn’t look as bad when he’s losing to people who are single digit ranked. He knows his career can’t handle losing to somebody who isn’t even ranked at all.

Jobby lawler can’t afford to lose to a gatekeeper like perry. He doesn’t want to risk it. It doesn’t look as bad when he’s losing to people who are single digit ranked. He knows his career can’t handle losing to somebody who isn’t even ranked at all.
Gatekeeper used to mean gatekeeper to the top 5. Is Perry a gatekeeper to the... top 25?

I would rather see Niko vs Perry than Robbie. At least they can make the atmosphere moire Jerry Springerish. Lawler's best days are behind him and should retire

Platinum Married Mike deserves all the hot fights
he fights to the death every time
Dana needs to pay the man
UFC needs guys like Mike right now

I’m a huge lawler fan too. It’s a good fight

platz wood knock him out tho in the 2nd round

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE OG PLATINUM NATION ALLSTARZ
*the real mods of sherdog

Back