Media Kron Gracie: "BJJ is the biggest foundation for fighting"

Good base, devastating in the clinch, and head butts, if it's on the street, a trained boxer you better believe will throw that forehead right into the guys fucking nose followed by body shots, fights over real quick lol.
Like you said, sanctioned boxing vs dirty street boxing, way fucking different.

Yep, the thing most MA does not train nor train FOR: the headbutt. Standing grappling/clinching in close-quarters, one of the most devastating moves when done properly.

However, not all boxers are adept at the headbutt (depends on their style), at the same time effective targets for the headbutt are very limited (majority are found on the face). But good enough to be used when coupled with other factors not present in the ring/cage.

Saying it is the best foundation does not mean it is self-sufficient.

I really question whether the poster actually trains.

Has he ever even done BJJ

You do realize that there's a difference between sport BJJ and BJJ for self-defence right?? This is a dumb thing to say, research the early UFC days when they tried to prove which martial arts was most effective, and you had a much smaller BJJ guy that was able to beat up much heavier and stronger opponents from other martial arts.

I'm not saying it is the best martial art for fighting, but its a dam good one. I'm sure lot of UFC fighters or people that have trained for a while would agree that if they were building the perfect martial artists they would start with the grappling first

Wrestling > BJJ
Beef > pescatarian eating
i dont know about that
If both guys are around the same skill (which how would you even know) and the wrestler takes him down, once he hits the ground, the BJJ guy is most likely to do better cause BJJ is more so about what happens when the fight hits the ground

Wrestlers don't learn submission, sweeps etc. once it hits the ground the BJJ guy can do a whole variety of things that the wrestler hasn't been trained in.

The guy is a Gracie. He studied BJJ. What do you want him to say? Judo? Fuck off.

I'm a Karate guy but can't disagree that BJJ is one of the best choices for self defense in a 1 on 1 scenario. In a 1 vs multiple scenario you are fucked whatever you train.

Why does the wrestler always get to dump someone on the concrete and never the grass..

I prefer boxing, Kyokushin Karate and Judo over BJJ anyday.

This is actually the best base and the best martial art overall for real fights where your goal is to rip out the opponents eyes, strike him in the throat and then run away:

People will say that this "isn't real" or "doesn't work" but they are simply wrong. It's their loss anyway.

I've done Judo for about 5 years now so it's not like I don't know how to grapple, but in reality, it doesn't matter how good you are at grappling. I only wear steel toed shoes. You can get steel toed shoes in all varieties - boots, sneakers, dress shoes, anything, and I've replaced all my shoes with steel toed variants.

You try to pull guard on me and I will smash your testicles and body and skull by stomping on you with steel toed boots. If you try to stand and trade I'll kick you in the knee with a steel toe and break your leg EVEN IF you check my kick, you will still break your ankle. That's reality, and the type of philosophy taught in GC.

Nope, the talent pool from wrestling is much bigger primarily because of high school wrestling in America. It is also a better base IMO since being able to dictate where the fight takes places is a huge factor in MMA.

Was watching a MUNCHIES episode when I saw this talk about diet. What was more ALARMING was Gracies NAIVE quote.

"Jiu jitsu the biggest foundation for fighting, I think. I think if you don't know jiu jitsu you're going to have a hard time to get into a real fight with somebody because the fight is most likely going to end up on the ground at some point."

What ...?
<JagsKiddingMe>

If all you know is Jiu Jitsu and you're fighting in the streets you're going to get your ASS kicked. There is no GI, you're head will get blasted on the pavement, and you're going to be focused on catching a sub while your foe is going to PUNCH YOU in the face.

He's got an academy of followers believing this shit and probably going out in the world thinking they are invincible because people are eager and ready to let them pull guard.

{<jordan}

Jiu Jitsu is one of those arts, like aikido, judo, taekwondo, that's complimentary to the foundation of WRESTLING and BOXING. The true arts that you need to learn in order to defend yourself. Gracie is giving out stupid advice that will get people killed.

Kron is a legit retard. Also believes in flat earth.

No gi bjj players can get lost when transitioning to gi bjj. But TS seems to think BJJ is somehow harder without a gi for gi grapplers.

Go to a gym and roll a bit man.

Serious question : As we all know Cub is a BJJ black belt. Hypothetically if Cub had no BJJ background, how do you think the fight would have went when Kron pulled guard on him those few times?

What if Kron didn’t train boxing?

I do train BJJ but I have never been trained to do effective Takedowns vs a resisting opponent.

You should. It's a lot of fun. We've been doing it every roll in my BJJ school for over a year now (randomly started one day) and I've learned a TON - every school should do it. I'm actually developing some success with a takedown game based around clinches followed up by trips; and a "pull guard into an instant sweep" game too that is kinda like a takedown from that perspective.

i dont know about that
If both guys are around the same skill (which how would you even know) and the wrestler takes him down, once he hits the ground, the BJJ guy is most likely to do better cause BJJ is more so about what happens when the fight hits the ground

Wrestlers don't learn submission, sweeps etc. once it hits the ground the BJJ guy can do a whole variety of things that the wrestler hasn't been trained in.
Yep. This is a HUGE misconception because of MMA. Someone who is an elite wrestler prior to entering MMA may indeed have a better MMA future than an elite BJJ competitor - because both the BJJ and wrestler will be training both wrestling and BJJ, and wrestlers tend to be highly athletic and pick up BJJ faster than the reverse (with some exceptions).

However, if all the guy knows is one art, or knows a little bit but has minimal training (<1 year), the wrestler will get STOMPED by a BJJ player of comparable level - swept/subbed fast. For example a D1 wrestler against a high level black belt competitor (roughly comparable training time/athleticism etc) - the black belt worlds competitor will destroy a typical wrestler in seconds in pretty much any scenario. Or a D1 all-American against a guy vying for the world BJJ title - it may be even more extreme in that situation. That all changes of course if the wrestler has over a year of grappling training - if they approach it with their intense wrestling mind-set they can become a real handful very fast.

I think some people underestimate how good wrestlers really are at wrestling, and how much training and time they put into it. Even high school wrestlers are often close to "black belt" level in wrestling.

Is that why the Russian military adopted sambo as their go to martial art? Lmao, a good throw on a hard surface will finish a fight faster than any punch.

Wrestling != Sambo

... and yes a good throw on a hard surface CAN finish or injure an opponent. But if it doesn't... then what?

... and yes it CAN finish faster than a punch BUT this totally depends on many many many factors, most of which you can't control. Like the surface of the fight.... What if you are on a beach? What if you are in a mossy field.

You assume a lot and act like a big know-it-all... you come off as stupid.

Don't be stupid, stupid. There are great techniques to learn in all styles. If you want to make wrestling the thing you chop wood to... good for you. You laughing at other styles as if they are nothing is nonsense and is why you get an F at troll attempt and an F at comprehending life/

Back